Quote Originally Posted by pontificator View Post
The atmospheric feedback loop has now extended to the following effects:
The melting of the permafrost has resulted in large areas of decaying matter [producing methane], and the exposure of previously frozen areas to dry conditions.
Wildfires are now sweeping through areas that have not burned for exceedingly long periods of time, or would normally burn later in the year, creating a northern hemisphere wave of soot which is being deposited in the arctic; an example https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ks-record-heat
The current rate of CO2 production from this is almost double that of the previous record in 2004; please note that the
2004 burn is the total for that year, the current figures for this year are for a season which has started 2 months early and has yet to finish. Even ignoring the CO2 figures, the melt rate of the Greenland ice sheet is excessive and expected to get much worse.
Should this trend continue, and it likely will, then we may very well see an ice-free arctic in the near future; considering that the permafrost has melted ~75 years early, that might be pretty soon.

In theory, this is a peak in the 2 year cycle mentioned by Fore. Given this, I expect that atmospheric conditions will worsen in the near term, calming slightly in 2020, with noticeably extreme conditions in 2021; I may have this a year too early though, and be jumping the gun, but it does look pretty bad right now. Please be aware that my working theory is that undeniable destruction caused by atmospheric effects will remove some cities and states by 2022, and severely damage others.

In terms of posting here, I expect rising sea levels will cut most fibre comms within 7 years. Satellite links should remain operational for longer. The Chinese claim to the South China sea will resolve itself, as their artificial islands will be underwater.

Exciting times... (I was given a heads up about something happening on August 9, my time, but I'll believe that when I see it; possible meteor strike, or other natural disaster. I suspect it'll turn out to be something completely different though, and I'm treating it with the grain of salt it deserves [I wouldn't lend any credence to this, I have no track-record regarding the entity which mentioned it, but I do need to note it down.])
Thanks for posting . . . . Many are still viewing.