Page 13 of 271 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What we think we know so far

The only thing I can say is that I will have to make a better effort to stick to one topic during my conversations. Keeping the responses short to about 1 *regular sized* paragraph and attempting to break up several components of related knowledge into several chunks.

By default this will result in my post count jumping like crazy and perhaps a huge number of pages. If it is required, I can adapt to it. Though I cannot prevent people from experiencing after effects from reading my posts.(which I am also familiar with) <~5 lines

A99,
    As a student of the graphic arts and graphic design, I must tell you that what Doc noted is consistent with basic graphic design rules as I have been taught. Another basic rule (in design and elsewhere) I have learned, is to properly credit the folks you quote, re-post or copy or otherwise borrow from... You need to credit John Lennon in your signature, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." Sorry for being picky, but I'm a student of the graphic arts and advertising."
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    You are correct about that Doc and as an instructor in Graphic Arts, even though technically I'm not an expert in advertising as that's for the "marketing dept.", I nevertheless do have to run through some of those often times unwritten rules in that area with my students because all advertising involves some kind of graphic arts to visually communicate what ever message in text is being conveyed in the advertisement. Graphic artists need to be very well read on such topics as that including subliminal messages too and such subject matters are an integral part of their training in the field of Graphic Arts.
    "Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery." ~ Crow from MST3000

Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    The only thing I can say is that I will have to make a better effort to stick to one topic during my conversations. Keeping the responses short to about 1 *regular sized* paragraph and attempting to break up several components of related knowledge into several chunks.

By default this will result in my post count jumping like crazy and perhaps a huge number of pages. If it is required, I can adapt to it. Though I cannot prevent people from experiencing after effects from reading my posts.(which I am also familiar with) <~5 lines
    Hi Fore. My post was not aimed at the way you write but more about my weird blockage that stops me from reading them even though I really want to.

Originally Posted by A99
    You are correct about that Doc and as an instructor in Graphic Arts, even though technically I'm not an expert in advertising as that's for the "marketing dept.", I nevertheless do have to run through some of those often times unwritten rules in that area with my students because all advertising involves some kind of graphic arts to visually communicate what ever message in text is being conveyed in the advertisement. Graphic artists need to be very well read on such topics as that including subliminal messages too and such subject matters are an integral part of their training in the field of Graphic Arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by U.N.C.L.E. View Post
    A99,
    As a student of the graphic arts and graphic design, I must tell you that what Doc noted is consistent with basic graphic design rules as I have been taught. Another basic rule (in design and elsewhere) I have learned, is to properly credit the folks you quote, re-post or copy or otherwise borrow from... You need to credit John Lennon in your signature, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." Sorry for being picky, but I'm a student of the graphic arts and advertising."
    Thanks uncle! The place i got that quote from did not mention it's source... now I know. Also, I was agreeing with Doc.. as you know. Good luck in your training dear and brush up on your reading comprehension skills too...
    Last edited by A99; 01-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

In case there is any doubt, I see this thread as a scholarly effort to arrange information and make some sense of it. In my field and others that is a step toward Theory Building--a worthy pursuit in science and elsewhere. Criticism is part of the process. Most of what I see lately here is well intended. My few words certainly were.

(4 sentences)

HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

@ tl2

I know what you mean, If you go over the old thread from OMF you will see people mentioned it publicly. So I am not offended if you tell me you are having a hard time. I will just adapt my strategy in order to make it easier or more favorable a presentation.

@ Doc

I understood what you relayed to me about shorter (and more to the point) postings. I do wander quite a bit because I am actively thinking about the subjects and pulling the information mostly from memory at any given time. I do not know how to "teach", I only know how to "converse" about the subject as if someone were to informally interview you about what went on.

The only structure my words have ever had was when the ETs have polled me about what I was going to relay on any specific subject. They would then engage in various efforts to reshape, dumb down or oversimplify my explanations as I blabbed. In some cases, telling/asking me to edit out or censor entire portions of what I wanted to re-express to others.

The only structure my words have ever had was when the ETs have polled me about what I was going to relay on any specific subject. They would then engage in various efforts to reshape, dumb down or oversimplify my explanations as I blabbed. In some cases, telling/asking me to edit out or censor entire portions of what I wanted to re-express to others.
    A real world example, is that when I wanted to say anything remotely sensitive, they would know about it ahead of time (even before I did many times) and would ask me to go over the subject by dictation. When they heard (or as they heard) the material to be discussed, they would put certain information as being out-of-bounds and/or very sensitive information. Some of them asked me to re-phrase entire presentations until it was satisfactorily bland and unremarkable, before the e-Pen ever touched the forum.

In return, they would assist me by giving me information on people and what I should avoid if I insisted in posting information about themselves.

At times, they told me in no uncertain terms that I was not to discuss an entire range of information for any number of reasons. I was then expected to comply with the decision. If I sought to anyway, they would damage my work and home PC by causing electrical shorts or severe software/hardware errors as they had in the decades prior.

In return, they would assist me by giving me information on people and what I should avoid if I insisted in posting information about themselves.

At times, they told me in no uncertain terms that I was not to discuss an entire range of information for any number of reasons. I was then expected to comply with the decision. If I sought to anyway, they would damage my work and home PC by causing electrical shorts or severe software/hardware errors as they had in the decades prior.
    If I was extremely stubborn, and decided to proceed regardless of how high the hurdle. They would then inform me that they were monitoring those whom I spoke with. Members would sometimes tell me in private that they experienced extremely unusual activity. Some said so publicly.

Often they felt as if the air became blanketed in something invisible around them. Others reported hearing loss for a number of minutes as they suddenly felt strange symptoms in the environment around them. Others experience sharp localized headaches. Others experienced night time encounters (at the extreme) or very lucid nightmares where a formless or formed individual alerted them that they should not ask or seek anything from what they are reading.

Others encountered secondary paranormal side-effects after a non-local projection. Seeing a spike in paranormal activity or noticing that their abilities were sometimes spiking as a result of the unknown encounter with something they usually described as a fearful intelligence. A few of the lucky ones, (like Pontif) describe physical encounters with parties. Others (like Dove) not so nice encounters with curious ET whom later alerted me to the event (within 24 hours) before she mentioned it.

@ tl2

I know what you mean, If you go over the old thread from OMF you will see people mentioned it publicly. So I am not offended if you tell me you are having a hard time. I will just adapt my strategy in order to make it easier or more favorable a presentation.

@ Doc

I understood what you relayed to me about shorter (and more to the point) postings. I do wander quite a bit because I am actively thinking about the subjects and pulling the information mostly from memory at any given time. I do not know how to "teach", I only know how to "converse" about the subject as if someone were to informally interview you about what went on.

I knew you would take it in a good way. What you do with the information is hard enough, teaching would be harder but teaching is a skill you could probably learn if you decided you wanted to go that way.