Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1334

Thread: Tag Lines - List your favorite sigs here

Blog Entries
    Obi'Wan?
    Now there's a name I have not heard since I threw your father into a volcano.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    From:. Carl Sagan’s 1996 book, “The Demon Haunted World.”

The book, known for the examination of scientific thinking, had this prediction which seems to be eerily accurate on page 40:

“I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or my grandchildren’s time — when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness. The dumbing down of America is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30-second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance.”
    Attachment 1008

He didn't believe in things like any kind of after-life, extraterrestrial contact, UFOs and of course, ET abductions either. Below is one of his quotes from that same book. In this case on the after-life and ET abductions. This man was a pure skeptic, through and through. If he couldn't see and touch it... it doesn't exist:

If some good evidence for life after death were announced, I'd be eager to examine it; but it would have to be real scientific data, not mere anecdote. As with the face on Mars and alien abductions, better the hard truth, I say, than the comforting fantasy. [Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World, p. 204 (quoted in 2000 Years of Disbelief, Famous People with the Courage to Doubt, by James A. Haught, Prometheus Books, 1996)]
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Some feel he was a disinformation agent (and Government UFO insider).
    But his predictions about Mfg leaving the country. High tech in a few hands, dumbing down of America were very prophetic.
    Time traveler or witch?
    Attachment 1008

Wicca is as much a religion as Christianity is. It's a philosophical and religious belief system; as is Paganism and all its different sub-groups within it. To call witchcraft superstitious nonsense is to call all different religions that too. Including Christianity.

As for time travel. I personally believe that time travel is possible but it's just science that we haven't discovered yet. I also believe that there are other dimensions, outside our own, that are out there too.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Sagan was a gov't employee. Like all employed astronomers, their job is to reflect the sentiments of the institution they are embedded in. Afterall, that's where their paycheck comes from.

In that sense, yes, he was a gov't disinformation agent.

Sagan played a major public role in UFO and ET debunkism.

As you can see, I have ZERO admiration for Carl Sagan. He was a gov't disinformation agent, a coward, and a liar.
    Last edited by A99; 08-13-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Some feet he was a disinformation agent (and Government UFO insider).

Cal, what do you think? Was he a disinformation agent of the gov't; a gov't UFO insider? Just wondering.

Personally, he never impressed me as anything more than their PR guy.
    Last edited by A99; 08-13-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Cal, what do you think? Was he a disinformation agent of the gov't; a gov't UFO insider? Just wondering.

Personally, he never impressed me as anything more than their PR guy.
    Should probably jump to Peer Review thread. Try to get "Tag Lines" thread back on track.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    The mind is like a parachute, it works only when open.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    "Check in. Unpack. Relax. Take A Shower"
    ~Psycho
    Attachment 1008