Thread: Tag Lines - List your favorite sigs here

"That one is kinda creepy Cal. Does it really belong here?" ~ A99
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    "That one is kinda creepy Cal. Does it really belong here?" ~ A99
    Tag lines thread. Famous advertising line from the original "Psycho" movie by Alfred Hitchcock.

Kind of like "In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream" ~Alien.

All in good fun. Can you think of any?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Don't mind me. My apt. was broken into recently where some of my best clothes were stolen. I'm just still a little paranoid these days hence why I over reacted to that line from psycho. Whomever broke in to my apt. has the master key to the building and the apartments within it. Am not permitted to put a double chain lock on my door and there are times when I think of that shower scene from Psycho ... when I'm in the shower now. I know that sounds kinda funny but....

I'm fine with that quote now though and only reacted instinctually to it as a single woman living alone... and as a recent crime victim.... when I first read it.
    Last edited by A99; 08-15-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Don't mind me. My apt. was broken into recently where some of my best clothes were stolen. I'm just still a little paranoid these days hence why I over reacted to that line from psycho. Whomever broke in to my apt. has the master key to the building and the apartments within it. Am not permitted to put a double chain lock on my door and there are times when I think of that shower scene from Psycho ... when I'm in the shower now. I know that sounds kinda funny but....

I'm fine with that quote now though and only reacted instinctually to it as a single woman living alone... and as a recent crime victim.... when I first read it.
    Sorry to hear of your recent troubles A99.
    How about something a bit more unicorns and rainbows.

Another less gloomy favorite of mine:
    "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
    ~The Wizard of Oz
    Attachment 1008

That's a terrible intrusion, very sorry to read that.

Since you're not allowed to install, I'd suggest something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KDB2L2K...a-306072357008

Cal: Ahhh, how sweet! So true too!

Wansen: Thanks for the tip! Didn't know there was such a thing and will order one today! It's just the thing I need now.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

The most 'liked' tweet in the history of Twitter:
    “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion … People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love … For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite,”~ Obama's recent tweet in response to Charlottesville, quoting former South African president Nelson Mandela.
    Last edited by A99; 08-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

"Hatred is bitter ignorance passed down by generations and accepted mindlessly. Overcoming such ignorance is not a an easy thing to do," Author Ralph Cotton...

Blog Entries
    Sometimes memories sneak out my eyes,
    and roll down my cheeks.
    Attachment 1008

“I took this course of action to protect Duke Chapel, to ensure the vital safety of students and community members who worship there, and above all to express the deep and abiding values of our university,” ~Duke University president Vincent Price wrt his decision to remove the recently defaced statue of Robert E. Lee on campus. My long time companion and live-in partner who died a few short years ago was a Duke Law School grad. He would have been very happy about this news... he hated that statue being on that campus.

HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi