Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: DEMONIC or ET any first hand ENCOUNTERS?

Blog Entries
    I was watching ‘Ancient Aliens’ the other night on the TV. The program drives me insane and if I hear “could it be” one more time, I will open my window and yell at the top of my voice…'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!’

Well anyway, the program made reference that many great thinkers that showed extra ordinary genius, such as Einstein and Tesla and Mozart etc, to name a few, explained their genius as being in touch with entities that supplied them knowledge.

Could it be (pun intended…pause…open window scream) that their unique abilities are derived from communicating with Demons, Angels, or space aliens, or inter-dimensional beings that spring to life from our inter ‘ID’ (That part of the mind in which innate instinctive impulses and primary processes are manifest.)?
    ???
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Blog Entries
    A 'Dybbuk' Demon

The Dybbuk is a type of malicious ghost hailing from Jewish folklore. The word dybbuk itself is derived from the ancient Hebrew language, meaning "to cleave to" or "to stick to." According to Jewish tradition, there are some souls so evil or that have committed such grievous sins during their life that they are unable to enter Heaven or Hell upon death. Instead, demons torment the spirits by with flaming whips and force these damned souls to wander endlessly all over the earth. Sometimes, these evil souls manage to temporarily escape their tormentors. Dybbuk are predominantly male, but they prefer to possess young women.

The Dybbuk is said to be able to possess any living or inanimate object. Although the spirit can possess animals, it prefers human hosts. Dybbuk possession may prove to be too much for the unfortunate animal, which may die of "natural causes" or a frantic attemp to drive out the invading spirit shortly afterwards. When the Dybbuk possesses a human, it absolutely refuses to leave. This person may be a total stranger, merely the best and the most convenient host the spirit could find. Legends tell of these spirits inhabiting horses and then jumping into the stable boy.

However, the Dybbuk can be exorcised. Certain magical or biblical verses may force the spirit to leave, but it is of the utmost importance that the Dybbuk be cooperative, or the host may possibly be hurt, perhaps even fatally. A rabbi experienced in this sort of exorcism must be found, who then must come to an agreement with the spirit. This may simply be a shortened duration of stay with the demons or an expiation of crimes and sins that will enable to possessing spirit to enter Heaven or Hell. However, if the exorcism isn't done in the right way, the host may be harmed or killed. If successful, the Dybbuk will be forced to evacuate the body from under the nail of the big toe, as this is where the least amount of damage will be caused to the host.

Some Dybbuk remain silent in their hosts, usually without being detected for a long period of time. The host may act out of character at times, but in general the spirit tries its hardest to be quiet and remain secretive. Some are more forceful in asserting their presence: speaking from the host's mouth, speaking in languages unknown to the host, possessing knowledge that the host shouldn't even know, or even speaking in an entirely different voice. Some are arrogant, usually making demands and claiming that they can't be forced to leave. The most powerful of Dybbuks may require several exorcists, and more than one exorcism may be required to cast out the possessing spirit.

http://demonhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dybbuk
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Blog Entries
    The DIBBUK BOX

http://www.dibbukbox.com/

So what the heck is a Dibbuk Box?

The dybbuk box, or dibbuk box (Hebrew: קופסאת דיבוק, Kufsat Dibbuk), is a wine cabinet which is said to be haunted by a dybbuk. In Jewish folklore, a dybbuk is a restless, usually malicious, spirit believed to be able to haunt and even possess the living. The box achieved recognition when it was auctioned on eBay with an accompanying horror story and is the original inspiration for the 2012 film The Possession.

The term "Dibbuk Box" was first used by Kevin Mannis to describe the box in the item information for an eBay auction to describe it as the subject of an original story (not the story for the film) describing supposedly true events which he considered to be related to the box. Mannis, a writer and creative professional by trade, owned a small antiques and furniture refinishing business in Portland, Oregon at the time.[1][2] According to Mannis' story, he purportedly bought the box at an estate sale in 2003. It had belonged to a Polish Holocaust survivor named Havela, who had escaped to Spain and purchased it there before her immigration to the United States.[3] Havela's granddaughter told Mannis that the box had been bought in Spain after the Holocaust. Upon hearing that the box was a family heirloom, Mannis offered to give the box back to the family but the granddaughter insisted that he take it. "We don't want it." She said. She told him the box had been kept in her grandmother's sewing room and was never opened because a dybbuk was said to live inside it.[3]

On opening the box, Mannis found that it contained two 1920s pennies, a lock of blonde hair bound with cord, a lock of black/brown hair bound with cord, a small statue engraved with the Hebrew word "Shalom", a small, golden wine goblet, one dried rose bud, and a single candle holder with four octopus-shaped legs; all items supposedly used in Jewish folklore to exorcise demons.[3]

Numerous owners of the box have reported that strange phenomena accompany it. In his story, Mannis claimed he experienced a series of horrific nightmares shared with other people while they were in possession of the box or when they stayed at his home while he had it. His mother suffered a stroke on the same day he gave her the box as a birthday present — October 28. Every owner of the box has reported that smells of cat urine or jasmine flowers[4][5] and nightmares involving an old hag accompany the box.[3] Iosif Neitzke, a Missouri student at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri and the last person to auction the box on eBay, claimed that the box caused lights to burn out in his house and his hair to fall out.[3] Jason Haxton, Director of the Museum of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri, had been following Neitzke's blogs regarding the box and when he was ready to be rid of the box Neitzke sold it to Haxton. Haxton wrote The Dibbuk Box, and claimed that he subsequently developed strange health problems, including hives, coughing up blood, and "head-to-toe welts".[5] Haxton consulted with Rabbis (Jewish religious leaders) to try to figure out a way to seal the dybbuk in the box again. Apparently successful, he took the freshly resealed box and hid it at a secret location, which he will not reveal.[6]

Skeptic Chris French, head of the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit at Goldsmiths' College, told an interviewer he believed that the box's owners were "already primed to be looking out for bad stuff. If you believe you have been cursed, then inevitably you explain the bad stuff that happens in terms of what you perceive to be the cause. Put it like this: I would be happy to own this object."[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dybbuk_box
    I seen the movie 'The Possession" Loosely based on a true story. I thought the movie was Okay but predictable.

I seen it on DVD and thought the Bonus and Extras on the DVD, especially the interview was awsum, more so than the movie.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Blog Entries
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

heh that's interesting

When i was a child I used to walk while asleep. In addition to it I was also shouting and crying that something is hurting me. When my parents managed to wake me up I always answered "What you are doing? why you waked me up?". Once I said to my mum that I am somehow not here and I would like no one to wake me up

I will have to go to hypnotherapist and check out if it might be this

thanks guys

Blog Entries

~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Blog Entries
    The story of Moses as he receives the Ten Commandments I find quite interesting with his interaction with Angels as told by Geoff Dennis who is rabbi of Congregation Kol Ami and teaches Kabbalah and Rabbinic Literature in the Jewish Studies Program at the University of North Texas.

Moses: Torah Warrior, Master of Angels

Today I thought I’d show you some examples from the Midrash:

At that time [when Moses ascended to Heaven to receive the Torah] the ministering angels sought to strike Moses. The Blessed Holy One caused his face to resemble Abraham's. Then the Blessed Holy One said to them, "Aren't you ashamed before him? Is he not the one to whom you descended and in whose home you ate?" (Genesis 18:1 8). The Blessed Holy One then said to Moses, "The Torah is given to you only in the merit of Abraham." (Shemot Rabbah 28:1)

And then there is this version found in the Talmud as told by Joshua ben Levi, a Talmudic expert on angels and himself an occasional visitor to the celestial realms:

Rabbi Joshua b. Levi said, "When Moses ascended on high, the ministering angels spoke before the Blessed Holy One, 'Sovereign of the Universe! What business has one born of woman among us? ''He has come to receive the Torah,' answered God to them. They said to Him, 'That secret treasure, which You have concealed for nine hundred and seventy-four generations before the world was created. You desire to give it to flesh and blood! What is man, that You art mindful of him, and the son of man, that You visit him? O' Lord our God, How excellent is Your Name in all the earth! Who has set Your glory [the Torah] upon the Heavens!' (Ps. 8:1-2).
    The Holy One said to Moses, 'Return them an answer.''Sovereign of the Universe' replied Moses, 'I fear, lest they consume me with the [fiery] breath of their mouths.'' Hold on to the Throne of Glory,' said God to Moses, 'and return them an answer. '

Moses [then] spoke before God, 'Sovereign of the Universe! The Torah which You give me, what is written in it -- I am the Lord Your God, who brought you out of the Land of Egypt. ' Said Moses to the angels, 'Did you go down to Egypt? Were you enslaved to Pharaoh? Why then should the Torah be yours?''
    Again, what is written in it? You shall have none other god. Do you dwell among peoples that engage in idol worship?''
    Again, what is written in it? Remember the Sabbath day -- to keep it holy. Do you then perform work, that you need to rest?''
    Again, what is written in it? You shall not take [tissa] [the name ... in vain]. Is there any business [massa] dealings among you?''
    Again, what is written in it? Honor your father and your mother. Have you fathers and mothers?''
    Again, what is written in it? You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. Is there jealousy between you; is the Adversary [working] between you?'

Immediately the angels conceded to the Holy One, for it is said, [Ps. 8:10, after it meditates on the significance if humanity] 'O' Eternal, our Eternal [God], How excellent is Your Name throughout the land, [but] 'Who has set Your glory upon the heavens is not repeated.' Immediately each angel saw Moses as beloved..." (Talmud, Shabbat 88b).

I am amused by the first in that it shows God pulling pranks on His angelic retinue – God loves a good laugh, though always with a point. But I particularly love that in the second version the angels quote Psalm 8 (“…You have made him [humanity] little lower than angels”) to make their argument against humanity. Angels have a sense of irony. And always, I love the genius of rabbinic close reading and imagineering; that it finds Ps. 8 to be a narrative of how the Torah passed from heaven to earth.

There are many things we can take away from this mythic story, but perhaps my favorite is this – The Torah is meant for humanity, not for angels. If God wanted the Torah to be observed perfectly, She would have kept it for the angels. God gives it to us knowing we will be imperfect in our practice of it (I guess that’s why we “practice Judaism”; we just keep doing it until we get it right). Here, as in many other places, we are reminded that Judaism teaches that God looks for our devout service not our perfect service.

Let me also add that, given this legend, the old King James translation of Psalm 8, “…little lower than the angels” actually misses the sense of the Hebrew. A more accurate translation is the NJPS “…little less than divine.” Literally, we are low only in comparison to God while implying we are (potentially) closer to God then the angels themselves.

http://ejmmm2007.blogspot.com/2006/1...nd-angels.html
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

atmjjc: The story of Moses as he receives the Ten Commandments I find quite interesting with his interaction with Angels as told by Geoff Dennis who is rabbi of Congregation Kol Ami and teaches Kabbalah and Rabbinic Literature in the Jewish Studies Program at the University of North Texas.
    I am amused by the first in that it shows God pulling pranks on His angelic retinue – God loves a good laugh, though always with a point. But I particularly love that in the second version the angels quote Psalm 8 (“…You have made him [humanity] little lower than angels”) to make their argument against humanity. Angels have a sense of irony. And always, I love the genius of rabbinic close reading and imagineering; that it finds Ps. 8 to be a narrative of how the Torah passed from heaven to earth.
    I was taught as a child that God has a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I was taught as a child that God has a sense of humor.
    Here's an entertaining depiction of Yahweh's funny hijinks: http://www.thebricktestament.com/the...ess/index.html

But seriously, it's interesting interpreting the Old Testament from an ET / Demonic encounter perspective.
    Last edited by montalk; 02-21-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by montalk View Post
    Here's an entertaining depiction of Yahweh's funny hijinks: http://www.thebricktestament.com/the...ess/index.html

But seriously, it's interesting interpreting the Old Testament from an ET / Demonic encounter perspective.
    Probably some Hyjinks by Malevolent UT.

For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous