Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life spotted on Venus: Russian scientist

Life spotted on Venus: Russian scientist

From the Times of India: Not exactly an anomaly in the stricter sense but found the way anomalies usually are. No link to a Russian source, you will notice.

Life spotted on Venus: Russian scientist

IANS Jan 21, 2012, 10.14AM IST
    Tags:

MOSCOW: Several objects resembling living beings were detected on photographs taken by a Russian landing probe in 1982 during a Venus mission, says an article published in the Solar System Research magazine.
    Leonid Ksanfomaliti of the Space Research Institute of Russia's Academy of Sciences published a research that analysed the photographs from the Venus mission made by a Soviet landing probe, Venus-13, in 1982.

The photographs feature several objects, which Ksanfomaliti said, resembled a "disk", a "black flap" and a "scorpion".

All of them "emerge, fluctuate and disappear", the scientist said, referring to their changing location on different photographs and traces on the ground.

"What if we forget about the current theories about the non-existence of life on Venus, let's boldly suggest that the objects' morphological features would allow us to say that they are living," the magazine quoted Ksanfomaliti as saying.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/space/...st_753962.html
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Nice find, Norenrad.

Is that actually the surface of Venus? Do the Russians actually have something there that can send images?

Because that ground actually looks wet.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

All I've seen is the too articles above. I'd like to see anything more that is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    Is that actually the surface of Venus? Do the Russians actually have something there that can send images?

Because that ground actually looks wet.
    It was 30 years ago

Yeah...I hadn't noticed the wetness before.

Seems odd....maybe from the craft?

I found the nasa archive for the soviet photos....I think

No time to verify

Take a look and see what you think
    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/photo_gal...s.html#surface

The Russians had a number of missions to Venus (the Venera missions), several of which were successful, and some included landers (Venera 9 and 13).

A good overview, with the pictures that were taken, can be found here:

http://www.mentallandscape.com/V_Venus.htm
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin