Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contactee cases

Contactee cases

Over the years, loads of people have come forward claiming to have had conscious and friendly interactions with extraterrestrials.

It's a fascinating field of research where people like Wendelle Stevens and Bill Hamilton did some sterling work.

Many cases have been debunked, but in my opinion in many of those cases the baby ended up being thrown out with the bath water.

At the same time, I also believe that some of the contactees shot themselves in the foot by fabricating extra material (stories, photos, ...) when they were faced with an ever increasing demand for information. Where the case started off as genuine, they thus ended up discrediting themselves.

Anyway, this thread is dedicated to contactee cases.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Hi Garuda, great idea for a thread.

Ok well let's kick things off with an old case. A contact that occurred in May of 1958. This abduction and tour of an alien planet for 8 days of Artur Berlet 'a simple Brazilian man' is quite compelling and the following video presentation is based on the information published in the book; 'UFO Contact from Planet ACART.'

Blog Entries
    Great insight Garuda,

The problem IMO is that most people who can demonstrate an ability of anomalies and once they become known for their ability are constantly under the stress to perform and a lot of times under the full observations of skeptics. The pressure of these folks who are constantly called to perform their ability sometimes on a whims notice often causes them, again in my opinion, to cheat at times for various reasons. Once caught cheating they are believed to have always cheated which might not always be the case but are forever labeled a fraud by the general public.

@Luminari: Thanks. The Berlet case indeed is an interesting one. It was investigated by several people and they all came to the conclusion that his account appeared genuine. Interestingly, a second case of contact with beings of Acart was published a decade later (the Mario Restier case).
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Great insight Garuda,

The problem IMO is that most people who can demonstrate an ability of anomalies and once they become known for their ability are constantly under the stress to perform and a lot of times under the full observations of skeptics. The pressure of these folks who are constantly called to perform their ability sometimes on a whims notice often causes them, again in my opinion, to cheat at times for various reasons. Once caught cheating they are believed to have always cheated which might not always be the case but are forever labeled a fraud by the general public.
    Thanks!

Yes, that's what I meant. And so the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater: the whole case gets discredited, even though there was an initial core of truth .
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    a second case of contact with beings of Acart was published a decade later (the Mario Restier case).
    THE MARIO RESTIER CASE

This is one of the earliest cases of being taken to another planet, and happened 4dec-49- also in Rio in Brasilia, but the case was not published until-68. In this case he was away for 4months! When the interview happened, Mario Restier, 40, lived in Volta Redona with wife + 3 children, and had worked at a steel plant for 15years. The trip had happend when he was 17.

On 4dec-49, he was on the way to his father when he noticed a strange discshaped craft. It came low above some trees without any sound at all, and landed 15m from the road. He was then talked to from the ship, on Portuguese, not to be afraid. He went onboard, in spite of being afraid. Inside he saw two persons of his own size, in peculiar clothes. He asked them if they belived in god, and got the ansver that god "is one only". This made him more safe. He was shown around the ship, and told to stay in a special room, where a liquid was that they said was necessary to be through the accelerations. He later found the ship to be 15 m in diameter. Then he fell asleep. When he awoke, he saw gigantic transparent domes, kilometres in extent, covering the whole city in such a way, that where one ended, another began, and they were connected. He got some "fruits" in a room where he was taken, reminding of tropical fruits, which they said was an highly purified food, with no need for wc-visits later.

Those people said they lived ca 300 years pr incarnation. Their eyes were blue or green, and the mouth small. He noticed no hair on their skin. He saw also women and children there. But the craftmen on the return ship made him think more of robots than of people.

He was shown diff.factories, when he asked to be brought home. So he was, but when he came back he was very amazed that he had been away for 4months!! His father was very angry when he came back, because he had just disappeared without saying where. He had looked after him in Rio, seeking all he could for him. For Mario, it all seemed to have taken max 3 days! And he was allowed to take back some peculiar material - a sheet of special metal.

Source: http://rune.galactic.to/acart2.html

Question

According to Exopaedia: LOCATION: Acart is supposedly only 5 Light Years away from Earth. More information is lacking.

Maybe the Acartians were referring to their light years? which would be based on their Sun's revolution. If we look at an astronomical list of the closest stars; there doesn't seem to be a star around the 5 light year mark:

Quote Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
    According to Exopaedia: LOCATION: Acart is supposedly only 5 Light Years away from Earth. More information is lacking.

Maybe the Acartians were referring to their light years? which would be based on their Sun's revolution. If we look at an astronomical list of the closest stars; there doesn't seem to be a star around the 5 light year mark:
    The Exopaedia says 'supposedly' because that bit of information comes from Billy Meier who allegedly was told so by his contact Ptaah.

Edit to add: by definition a light year is a fixed / absolute distance.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Ok I see, about the Acart distance issue...

abdcovl.jpg

Here is another highly detailed and exotic case of an abduction and a lengthy visit on an alien world. Even though the subject is a frenchman... the abduction by 12 ft tall androgynous Extraterrestrials from a 'golden planet' with a phoenetical translation of: 'Thiaoouba,' occurred in my hometown; 'Cairns' in far north Queensland, Australia. I have a further personal connection with this case which I will not divulge at this point.
    Read the free ebook

Last night when I saw this topic I did a search looking to refresh my memory about early contactee cases. I found this website that has a number cases that are new to me. They also are International, the scope of which is new to me. Have a look, maybe some of these should be incuded:

http://davehodrien.blogspot.com/