Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Indigo Children

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Do you have any artistic or psychic ability? I bet the school system just messed you all up and stifled a lot of what you might have been experiencing or learning.
    I was very artistic, although I haven't practiced much since I was 25. I designed and thought of many things that came about 10 or so years later. As I grew up, many of my behaviors were criticised to the point that I learned to adapt to everyone else. I was an odd kid, but I long for those years of creativity.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Blog Entries
    My aura is mostly dark blue and indigo, but changes a lot, according to my friends who can see it.

I used to be into the new age stuff regarding indigo children because it struck a chord in me. I knew I was different. I think that some souls have had more or less lives in other more or less interesting laces, so we are not all born with a comletely clean slate you could say. I used to think I was this secial indigo kid, and used new age material to stroke my ego out of deression. I now drift more towards the wanderers theory romoted by Scott Mandelker and others, but try to tune into my body and not idealize myself, and kind of live in an illusion of secialness by calling myself indigo. Esecially when considering the evidence how new age propagnda lays into a negative alien agenda...

But theres definitely something to it. I met some young kids and lived with them, and they were definitely wise beyond their years, you couldnt hel but notice it immediately. Maybe souls come here on a mission to bust the system and fight for freedom. I know I feel like Im in a battle of sorts and am very rebellious. Im sure a lot of eole are too.

There are exceptional moments, people and situations in the world. There always have been. I am deeply troubled when I consider why anyone interested in such people would decide to make the move to bundle them together haphazardly under a confusingly self-interested label (i.e. one that aggrandizes itself so madly as to comprise active stupidity), and then write and speculate endlessly about this.

This is especially confusing and, I think, stupidifying, to the children themselves, and, as I definitely qualify, and have been similarly singled out all my life, I have to say that the whole idea is ridiculous, cultish, and sacrifices inquiry for a form of certainty that is guaranteed to perpetuate incredibly confused models that run around masquerading as actual expertise.

Are there astonishing children in the world? Absolutely. Are they ‘indigo children’? Well, for you, if you want to decide that, it’s your prerogative. For me, however, I generally find that the reality of any nonordinary (which is to say ordinary, but denied) phenomenon is so vastly stranger that the human models of it that I would rather examine the phenomenon and leave the models and value-laden language (which tells me what to see instead of helping me to discern) completely alone. This is even more true when working with or relating with children.

Think about what this means, very carefully. The language and ideas we are using, and pretending are 'more advanced than science' are, in many cases, 'less advanced than active ignorance'. They shed insight like water bouncing off steel, yet parade around as the very source of enlightened understanding. Any idea how incredibly dangerous that is?

‘Indigo children’ is language from a lexicon that leads into stupidity, and away from understanding, under the guise of ‘illuminated perception’. It’s not illuminated perception. It’s just advertising; and, personally, I find it offensive and unrelated to the phenomenon it purports to expertly convey.
    Last edited by organelle; 12-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    A few different people have noted my aura as mainly dark blue, so I always thought there was something to this idea, but I definitely don't like the New Age ideas about this phenomenon.

I'm starting to think that indigoes/wanderers can be classified as being on the autism spectrum and I'm now speculating that people along the spectrum of autism are a partial manifestation of, or can perceive manifestations of, what Philip K Dick called the 'Plasmate'.

At the 10:50 point of the Anderson Cooper clip they talk about the Harmonic Convergence that happened in 1978. Can anyone provide more information on this topic at all? I ask becasue via wikipedia... all references point to 1987.... not 78....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_Convergence

Blog Entries
    Daniel Tammet was born in 1979 and has linguistic, numerical and visual synesthesia and he is a high functioning autistic savant, and is probably 1 of a handful of people who are functioning at this high rate of perception and intelligence who walk the planet in this time frame.

In his own words…

Below is a 48 minute history of Daniel Tammet if interested and you have some spare time to watch. He is a quite famous individual.

Could he be an example of what an Indigo child is as an adult?
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

That Daniel Tammet is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Do you have any artistic or psychic ability? I bet the school system just messed you all up and stifled a lot of what you might have been experiencing or learning.
    I know the school system really tried to beat it out of me and I was born in the 50's. anyone that did not fit in to the mold was quickly singled out for extra attention. In defense of that there is sadly far less personal attention given to our children. Luckily I was determined to hold fast to my quirkiness and have to this day. I continue to have premonitions and transdemensional dreams. My great niece continues to see her grandfather and we hope she will not be swayed by her teachers that she must conform. She's pretty hard headed so I feel some sympathy for her teachers.

Regarding Trammet....I have had synesthesia all my life and it is a wonderful way to explore and understand the universe. It's never mundane. My husband does have a time following me sometimes but I just consider him the handicapped one !
    Last edited by southerncross; 01-12-2013 at 12:15 AM.

This happens every few decades, someone decides that children born after or around a certain date are special in some way.

This happened to me in the 70's, my parents were asked if i could come to live on this commune with other children who were born under the Chinese astrological sign of the horse, but in a special period when those who were born came under the Fire Horse category.

I think it's just wishful thinking, i also think it's a conceit to think you have a special purpose.

Why should one child be special and another not ?

DC.

Blog Entries
    If everything is sacred, then nothing is sacred... No one is 'better' or 'lesser' than anyone, but there are fundamental differences amongst all groups of humans. Neurodiversity must be taken into account at the level of common knowledge if we are going to get along ideally. For example, psychopathic brains are said to be physically different from non-psychos (or people who have a decent capacity for empathy [not sympathy, or intellectual understanding of other's emotions]). I know I'm weird and different from the norm and many others struggle fitting into the world as it is assumed that we are all generally the same, but we're not, and you can notice it when interacting with different people. Just as long as you're not projecting or thinking wishfully.

I prefer more scientific approaches than new age ideas, which is why I recommend this blog here. The article talks about synesthesia and the blog focuses a lot on neurodiversity and autism, as well as psychology and most recently a little bit about aliens.

Synesthesia

By jasunhorusly

Individuals who can’t be socialized are the most serious threat to society there is. Imagine people being grown by AI who wouldn’t take the pod plug-ins. If there is any truth at all to a perceived overlap between autism and sociopathy, it would be precisely because society is so hostile to autists that it can drive them into pathological forms of behavior. (It would drive anyone into such behavior.) Society’s approach to autists is to “cure” them or at very least to modifiy their behavior. There is almost nothing being done to modify society’s behavior to accommodate a different kind of intelligence and perception.

Imagine if you were born into a world in which the people perceived synesthesically – all the senses overlapping – so they heard smells, saw sounds, and sensed colors.

http://auticulture.wordpress.com/201...0/synesthesia/
    (The author of the blog is also raising funds for a wicked doucmentary that investigates the parallels of seeking for spiritual enlightenment and prospecting for gold. This is unrelated, but it's really cool so check out the trailer!)

someone let me know if I'm posting too many links and I'll stop. I just really like this author.)