Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Martian Horse Near Concepcion' Crater

rdunk, I have just now started going through images from JPL attempting to find more pics to see if they show anything of this area and will continue to do so as I find time. There is a couple things I would like to point out. First of all, thank you for your time in bringing this to the forums attention. Second, I trust Marvin, he is VERY good at analysis.

There is something very interesting in the background in one of the images I was checking out and I dont know what it is,,,or what to think about these "things". I could be way off base here and this could be completely explainable so Im going to leave it at that and direct you all to the link. Its under -Jet Propulsion Laboratory-Spirit:: rear hazcam:: sol 2165.

I encourage anyone to take a look at what is in the background. Again, Im not jumping to conclusions at this time but there are at least 3 large objects that are unexplainable in my book and I just dont know !! Very strange !!

Edit to add : sorry,never mind !after reviewing it appears to be some type of shield above the camera causing the effect. oops !!! lol
    Last edited by touched; 02-02-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Amateur Astronomer/38 years - Cliff-67

Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    Dragonfire, I am very surprised, for this anomaly is so clear, it doesn't require "imagination" to see it.

A wise man once said;

All that glisters is not gold;
    Often have you heard that told:
    Many a man his life hath sold
    But my outside to behold:
    Gilded tombs do worms enfold.
    Had you been as wise as bold,
    Young in limbs, in judgement old
    Your answer had not been inscroll'd
    Fare you well, your suit is cold.

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by touched View Post
    rdunk, I have just now started going through images from JPL attempting to find more pics to see if they show anything of this area and will continue to do so as I find time. There is a couple things I would like to point out. First of all, thank you for your time in bringing this to the forums attention. Second, I trust Marvin, he is VERY good at analysis.

There is something very interesting in the background in one of the images I was checking out and I dont know what it is,,,or what to think about these "things". I could be way off base here and this could be completely explainable so Im going to leave it at that and direct you all to the link. Its under -Jet Propulsion Laboratory-Spirit:: rear hazcam:: sol 2165.

I encourage anyone to take a look at what is in the background. Again, Im not jumping to conclusions at this time but there are at least 3 large objects that are unexplainable in my book and I just dont know !! Very strange !!

Edit to add : sorry,never mind !after reviewing it appears to be some type of shield above the camera causing the effect. oops !!! lol
    Touched, keep looking, as there are many other obvious artificial artifacts around this crater. Some are obvious, but almost unbelievable. Some I have posted, and others I have found, I have not posted yet.

When you find something, let me know, and I will take a look at it also, if you'd like another set of eyes before posting.

Also, don't worry about having to edit - that Rover gets itself in the picture pretty often!!

I know people have their conspiracy theories with NASA, and I have mine.

The pattern I have observed is the “code of silence.” If they do not want you to know about it, then they simply do not released it to the public. There have been some documented examples of missing time with Apollo flights to the Moon. Basically, that missing time is still “classified” today.

As for photos, if indisputable evidence is photographed on the Moon or Mars, we simply will not see it… or at least that is my opinion (from past experience). That does not mean the censorship is infallible and I applaud the efforts of folks like rdunk to bring different objects to light, as long as we remember that “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” (attributed to Sigmund Freud). If we only look for human “type” artifacts, we are going to miss the boat. Something truly alien will not be a horse, it will likely be something so astounding, we just might over look it out of lack of belief or understanding as to what we are seeing. That’s my two cents worth.

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Very professional!
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I know people have their conspiracy theories with NASA, and I have mine.

The pattern I have observed is the “code of silence.” If they do not want you to know about it, then they simply do not released it to the public. There have been some documented examples of missing time with Apollo flights to the Moon. Basically, that missing time is still “classified” today.

As for photos, if indisputable evidence is photographed on the Moon or Mars, we simply will not see it… or at least that is my opinion (from past experience). That does not mean the censorship is infallible and I applaud the efforts of folks like rdunk to bring different objects to light, as long as we remember that “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” (attributed to Sigmund Freud). If we only look for human “type” artifacts, we are going to miss the boat. Something truly alien will not be a horse, it will likely be something so astounding, we just might over look it out of lack of belief or understanding as to what we are seeing. That’s my two cents worth.
    I think you're right, Marvin.

Rdunk, please do not take this personally, you are entitled to your opinion, and we certainly appreciate the work you do here. That said, I think what Marvin is saying is correct. The image does look like a horse, but this is a trick of perception called 'pareidolia', it's a natural process where the brain attempts to make sense of vague or random imagery in terms that it is familiar with.

This is why it is important, when looking at potentially anomalous planetary surface formations, to find multiple images of the object in question, from multiple perspectives. Scale is another key factor, what appear to be fine details may actually be a very large area, depending on the image resolution.

Keep searching though, the potential importance of finding unnatural artifacts on the Moon, Mars, or elsewhere goes without saying.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Summed up very well Marvin.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think you're right, Marvin.

Rdunk, please do not take this personally, you are entitled to your opinion, and we certainly appreciate the work you do here. That said, I think what Marvin is saying is correct. The image does look like a horse, but this is a trick of perception called 'pareidolia', it's a natural process where the brain attempts to make sense of vague or random imagery in terms that it is familiar with.

This is why it is important, when looking at potentially anomalous planetary surface formations, to find multiple images of the object in question, from multiple perspectives. Scale is another key factor, what appear to be fine details may actually be a very large area, depending on the image resolution.

Keep searching though, the potential importance of finding unnatural artifacts on the Moon, Mars, or elsewhere goes without saying.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

Hey Lee, thanks for commenting. Don't worry, I hardly ever take any response personally, even when they are, at times, personally intended. Some anomaly commenters mean well, and at times others have various self-interests reflected in their comments. Some believe that there is no alien life anywhere, and therefore, for them, every "alien anomaly" ends up just being a "pile of rocks.

Lee, you mention "Pareidolia" - that is a natural brain recognition process, as you say, that the debunking community has pounced upon, and has pretty much worn it out, since often they have no other "facts" for disproving an anomaly. Just as you say, "the image looks like a horse"! Then what ever is your reason for thinking you are not looking at an actual horse statue, if you clearly see it??? Are you assuming that is a result of "Your Pareidolia"?

There is no logical reason for "just a pile of rocks" to be seen as a very detailed composition of a horse. I don't know whether or not you see the finite detail of the horses head, nose, mouth, eyes, ear, jaw, and blown mane, but that detail is there. This is not a "cloud formation" type of appearance.

I certainly do agree with you, in that multiple images are absolutely desired. But, of course, with NASA, that often does not exist, and when it does, as in this case, images of the same area can show broad "changes to specific objects". and for certainty, some of these photos are "modified" before being made public.

Lee, regarding your suggestion "to keep on searching", for sure I will be doing that, and posting. One small point - I don't post an anomaly until I have determined that, IMO, it is an anomalous object. And when I post an anomaly, I am posting for those interested in seeing, and discussing anomalies, and for wide public information. I will never post an anomaly, asking if this is an anomaly! That point is already settled for me, for any anomaly I post. An obvious exception to that will be if I find something interesting, very, odd, unidentifiable, not according to public release, etc, I would post it for everyone to consider, to see if there is any type of consensus on it.

Of course, everyone is welcome to their own opinions, and Marvin and I have already "agreed to disagree", when we have such differences. I posted this horse statue a while back on the ATS Forum, and sure received a lot of discussion. Probably about half saw the horse, and about half didn't, or at least wouldn't admit it. Many who didn't were obviously pretty much professional debunkers, as that is fairly easy to perceive, on nearly all of them, with just a few posting comments.

Lee, as you say, nothing personal is intended in anything said here. I do look forward to many discussions on anomalies here at the OutPost, with the ExtraPlanetary Anomalies team.

Robert, I do see a horse. But for it to be a crafted structure in the form of a horse it brings in too many variables for me.

Take the statue of a horse here on Earth. It has taken millions of years for the horse and man to have evolved as a species. It has taken millennia for the symbiosis of man and horse to be established. Humans have been creating images of animals important to them since neolithic times and portrayals of horses as venerated animals are common. This takes a level of cultural sophistication and technical skill to produce. To date we have no evidence of such a sequence of evolution having occurred on Mars.

Anomalies are anomalies, but for them to be alien artifacts they would, for me, have to so dissimilar to their surroundings that makes a chance configuration of rocks or natural Martian materials impossible. That's the grail.

It could be a horse statue. But given the reasons I have argued above I think it is highly unlikely. It is far more likely to be a chance combination from the limitations of the photograph and our natural tendency to find familiar shapes.

It could be argued that a visiting alien species might have erected such a statue. Again that species would have have gone through the evolutionary stages above. And why, if you have the ability to travel between world's, a horse and not some advanced means of travel. Although trying to second guess the reasoning of any alien culture is moot as they would be "Alien".

I agree with Marvin that we are unlikely to see any undeniable alien artifacts in official pictures from NASA. Human fallibility in censorship or even subtle rebellion is always a hope.

We are a long way from canals and War of the Worlds but maybe not quite far enough yet.

Hello ProblemChild! I appreciate your comments on the horse statue. I know that sometimes, even when we can see a thing, it is hard for us to openly say "we see it"! You did, and that is good. But, I also understand that even though you do see it, you still just don't believe it is actually there, on the basis of your several provisos you mentioned. I understand it completely.

Now the dilemma we face, and need to discuss, is, where in all of this is the most probable truth of the matter, relative to the horse statue anomaly? Are we more likely to find the truth about Mars anomalies in opinions, predicated on the basis of what we think or know about Mars, and Mars life?? Or, is the truth more likely to be found in "official" NASA photos, taken directly on or above the surface of the planet?? Personally, I believe if there is any truth to be found, it will be in the "factual" photographic information provided by NASA. NASA certainly uses this data to make official news reports, so, at least there is some degree of trust in the information provided in the photos.

I have found several anomalous objects that have jerked my chain of understanding and photo credibility, but, in the end, I must "get over it", on what I think or believe, and go with the facts of the photographs. Yes, that is hard, but, if we are going to seriously deal with the subject of anomalies, we must get beyond the boundaries of our human intellect that is configured on the basis of what we know and have learned - ie a horse on Mars/no way - an elephant statue on Mars/no way- a Reptilian on Mars/no way - a Birdman on Mars/no way - Some type of flying object on Mars/no way - a silver windowed dome on Mars/no way - underground entrances on Mars/no way - carpet on Mars/no way - craters that aren't actually craters/no way - metal studs on Mars/no way - baskets on mars/no way - and on and on!

There is no limit to how we are going to be (or being) mind challenged, as we move toward a greater extra-planetary presence, and have an opportunity to learn new things - such as "the earth is not really flat"! Or, there really is evidence of civilized life on the planet Mars! And those two may be two of the "least challenging"!

From when we were born, we are now living in the future, and in our present, the future lies ahead. We need to get our minds ready for learning, and accepting, new things, such as in the areas of extra-planetary anomalies, for which there are absolutely no known boundaries!!!!!!