Thread: The Aztec Incident: Recovery at Hart Canyon

The Aztec Incident: Recovery at Hart Canyon

This weekend will see the release of a new book; 'The Aztec Incident: Recovery at Hart Canyon' by Scott and Suzanne Ramsey, Frank Thayer, and Frank Warren. According to the email release from Dr Frank Thayer, the book will include over two decades of research and took three years to write. A new article on the topic from Dr Thayer follows:

"Proving the Aztec Incident
    by Frank Thayer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When this web site was launched, it included my review of a book by researcher William Steinman and Wendelle Stevens who resurrected the story of a 1948 flying saucer recovery near Aztec, N.M. and published his 625-page book UFO Crash at Aztec in 1986. The book was relegated to obscurity, possibly because of the prevailing notion that the story was a hoax, but when I discovered the book almost 20 years after its publication, I found the research compelling enough to send me on a search. Did Aztec really happen?

Not being part of the “UFO Community,” I began to do some research into the literature. I discovered the original Frank Scully book Behind the Flying Saucers, published by Holt & Co. in 1950. It was the original story about Aztec, and it was a best seller in its day—so much for public memory! Few people remember the impact the book had then, but reading Steinman in that context changed my mind about the possibility that there was another New Mexico saucer crash other than Roswell.

Yes, Roswell has been conclusively proved by Kevin Randle, Stanton Friedman and others, culminating in the book Witness to Roswell by Thomas Carey and Don Schmitt that conclusively proves the extraterrestrial explanation for the Roswell Incident beyond anything the debunkers can field. In the minds of most responsible researchers, however, Aztec remained a hoax. Even after reading Scully’s book, I wondered if the story about a downed saucer in New Mexico within “500 miles of here (Denver) could have referred to Roswell. ...." Read more: http://www.frankthayer.net/Aztec.html

Thanks to uforadio for this!
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

One summer long ago and I was bored, looking for something to read. There was an out of date tabloid lying around and I picked it up. Inside was a story of the Aztec crash with a pen and ink illustrtion of the site in the desert. I thought it was fascinating. That was the begining of my interest in this field. I read everything I could find on the subject in the library and old book stores. The consensus by then was that Aztec was something between a legend and a rumor. No one was very interested in Aztec anymore until Roswell became famous when Major Marcel made his first statement that Roswell was real. I'm glad to see that people are looking at this story again. Who knows what will turn up?

Here are a couple of blurbs from the website:

"A must read, this book 'blows the lid off' America's greatest purported hoax. Scott and Suzanne Ramsey's well-documented research and meticulous investigation, demolishes assumptions, convincingly re-assembles 60 years of fact from fiction, and reveals an actual event, the Aztec, New Mexico crash of 1948, shrouded in government claims, false litigation and countless cover-ups."
    ~ Kathleen Marden, researcher and lecturer. Author of the books "Captured!" and "Science is Wrong".

"The Aztec Incident is an important and often controversial chapter in New Mexico history. Scott and Suzanne's well written and documented book brings new life and historical prospective to this historic event."
    ~ Dale W. Anderson, President, Aztec Museum Association, Aztec, New Mexico.

http://www.theaztecincident.com/

Read the introduction from Stanton Friedman and first chapter here: http://www.theaztecincident.com/TheA...entPreview.pdf
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Good documentary about the Aztec case here:

There were three crashes in the area, and four recovery sites (for some odd reason). Only Roswell became the more famous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Good documentary about the Aztec case here:
    Very interesting. The lead researcher seemed to have made a strong case with that independent corroboration among some of the witnesses.
    Last edited by Wansen; 09-06-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    There were three crashes in the area, and four recovery sites (for some odd reason). Only Roswell became the more famous one.
    Interestingly enough, that's what Wendell Stevens also said.

IIRC, he also attributed radar as the cause of the crashes.

Richard Dolan's just interviewed the Ramseys a third edition of their book has even more witnesses apparently. It's not out yet.

That was a good.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Part 2 of Richard Dolan's interview is now up