Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Walton Encounter: George Knapp C2C 1-29- 2012

I know this is a serious discussion but sometimes a little levity can help everyone relax and get a better perspective. I interviewed Travis Waltons crazy cousin Don who claims they were coming after him when they got Travis by mistake. Hope you enjoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Vp2Sw2XPM

That is something else! How did you get to do that?

He was selling his book at the Ozark UFO Conference and I stopped by his booth. I love UFO conferences simply because of the people you get to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwupy View Post
    I know this is a serious discussion but sometimes a little levity can help everyone relax and get a better perspective. I interviewed Travis Waltons crazy cousin Don who claims they were coming after him when they got Travis by mistake. Hope you enjoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Vp2Sw2XPM
    Every family has someone like that. And if you don't think your family does then you really need to closely in the mirror!

Klass' bribe saga continues:

Source: http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.co...nciples/?tc=ar

De Void
    Klass act, no principles
    Monday, February 20, 2012 at 11:15 by Billy Cox

A blast from the past animated the blogosphere earlier this month when a buddy of famed “Fire in the Sky” UFO abductee Travis Walton accused a dead debunker of attempted bribery. Steve Pierce said he — Pierce — had been offered $10k to say Walton had hoaxed the whole thing back in 1975.

De Void has no insight into this moot and meaningless kerfuffle. But De Void knew Phil Klass, the target of the allegation. Or rather, De Void talked to Klass on a number of occasions, because Klass was always the go-to guy journos contacted whenever they drew the short straw and had to write about UFOs. He seemed the logical choice. As senior editor for Aviation Week & Space Technology, Klass was Mr. Insider, the establishment’s sensible “reality check” authority you could always count on for “balance.” Klass never met a UFO he couldn’t explain, and he made it his life’s calling to reassure the Fourth Estate they were wasting their time, that they’d be better served chasing rocs and griffins.

(more at link…)
    Last edited by newyorklily; 02-23-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uforadio View Post
    Klass' bribe saga continues:

Source: http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.co...nciples/?tc=ar

De Void
    Klass act, no principles
    Monday, February 20, 2012 at 11:15 by Billy Cox

A blast from the past animated the blogosphere earlier this month when a buddy of famed “Fire in the Sky” UFO abductee Travis Walton accused a dead debunker of attempted bribery. Steve Pierce said he — Pierce — had been offered $10k to say Walton had hoaxed the whole thing back in 1975.

De Void has no insight into this moot and meaningless kerfuffle. But De Void knew Phil Klass, the target of the allegation. Or rather, De Void talked to Klass on a number of occasions, because Klass was always the go-to guy journos contacted whenever they drew the short straw and had to write about UFOs. He seemed the logical choice. As senior editor for Aviation Week & Space Technology, Klass was Mr. Insider, the establishment’s sensible “reality check” authority you could always count on for “balance.” Klass never met a UFO he couldn’t explain, and he made it his life’s calling to reassure the Fourth Estate they were wasting their time, that they’d be better served chasing rocs and griffins.

(more at link…)
    Thank you for that, uforadio. Phil Klass was some piece of work. I think it is safe to say that Klass had no class.

BTW, I didn't edit your post, I hit the wrong button. Sorry about that.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

newyorklily, no probs, don't worry about it
    Best Wishes.

New updates. Robert Sheaffer replied about allegations of Phill Klass' 10.000 $ bribe.

And here is the PUNCH LINE. Sheaffer states that (in red):

the accusation does not come from Pierce, but instead from Mike Rogers, Travis' best friend, and future brother-in-law.
    - end of quote -

The point here is that PIERCE INDEED has confirmed this personally so it is a first-hand allegation. Pierce talked about it on COAST TO COAST SHOW from January 29th. Probably, Sheaffer hasn't followed the whole buzz with much detail or hasn't read post in whole.

Of course, other arguments that Sheaffer writes about Pierce should be pointed directly to Pierce. I bet it would be interesting to hear his side of the story too.

So the Saga continues

Here is the article link:

Source: http://badufos.blogspot.com/2012/02/...p-j-klass.html

Travis Walton vs. Philip J. Klass
    One of the best-known UFO abduction stories is that of Travis Walton. He claims that on Nov. 5, 1975, as he and six others were returning from a day's work cutting logs in Arizona's Sitgreaves National Forest, he was zapped by a beam of light from the UFO, and taken aboard the craft for five days. His story won $5,000 as the Best UFO Case for 1975 from the National Enquirer, has been the subject of several books, as well as the Hollywood movie Fire in the Sky (1993).

(more at link...)

I see that Robert Sheaffer was kind enough to include a link to this thread in his article.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

George Knapp Responds:

"The allegations made by Steve Pierce during our C2C interview were specific and credible, Mike Rogers was not mentioned whatsoever during that part of the interview, so if Rogers has his own seperate account of Klass offering a bribe, it means the crafty old buzzard may have offered cash to more than one member of the logging crew. It would make sense that Klass might go after more than one, especially since the men he allegedly tempted turned him down flat.

Somehow, I think dearly departed Phil would appreciate the effort by his fellow debunker to use false and misleading infomation as a way to muddy the waters, since it is a technique Mr Klass perfected during his lifetime."

One of The Debunkers' more common techniques (also used in politics) is to throw any available explanation out there immediately and worry about if it is accurate later. The strategy is to det the idea before the public that the case is readily explained, never mind if it is hogwash. any explanation plants the seed that the allegation, accusation, claim or assertion has already been explained away.