Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Travis Walton Encounter: George Knapp C2C 1-29- 2012

New part of the Steve Pierce series:

Howard Blum vs Phil Klass
    with Frank Drake and Don Schmitt
    December 5th, 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Thank you for that. I would love to hear any other details of your meeting with Travis Walton.

In my experience, victims of serious trauma have said pretty much the same thing when hypnotherapy was suggested to them so I take his statement as evidence that he is genuine in his beliefs about those events.
    Bad hypnotherapy can induce victims with false memories, so I'm glad that Travis does not want to go this route. It is like the "hypnotherapy" recovery given to the witnesses of the Rendlesham incident, I'm sure the AFOSI intentionally planted false memories in Penniston and Boroughs to obscure what really happened. Unless those who do hypnotherapy are very careful those traces of repressed memories which remain can be forever damaged and testimony recovered will no longer trustworthy as genuine information.

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    Bad hypnotherapy can induce victims with false memories, so I'm glad that Travis does not want to go this route. It is like the "hypnotherapy" recovery given to the witnesses of the Rendlesham incident, I'm sure the AFOSI intentionally planted false memories in Penniston and Boroughs to obscure what really happened. Unless those who do hypnotherapy are very careful those traces of repressed memories which remain can be forever damaged and testimony recovered will no longer trustworthy as genuine information.
    Actually, no matter how careful the hypnotist is, he or she can't avoid suggestions that potentially may damage real memories the way you describe. That is what makes the whole effort almost worthless for legal or UFOlogical purposes.

Latest update at Kevin Randle's blog:

Source: http://kevinrandle.blogspot.ca/2012/...is-walton.html

Saturday, July 28, 2012
    Steve Pierce and Travis Walton
    Several months ago the story that Philip Klass had attempted to bribe one of the witnesses to the Travis Walton abduction made its rounds. I took a somewhat middle of the road stance, suggesting that I could believe that Klass might attempt something like that, but that the evidence for it was rather thin. I now have additional information.

There were, in essence, two people who know the truth about this. One, Philip Klass is dead and the other, Steve Pierce had not been readily available for comment. However, on July 1, 2012, at the Roswell UFO Festival, I had the chance to sit down with Steve and get his side of the story. What follows is what he told me then.

--- read the rest of the post at site ---

Check up debate in the comments too.

Latest issue of eSkeptic devoted to Travis Walton case (the same newsletter where authors debated and debated over Leslie Kean's book few months ago):

Travis Walton’s Alien Abduction
    Lie Detection Test
    http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-08-15/

More at link

Latest issue of eSkeptic published Walton's reaction to Shermer's previous article:

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-08-22/

I think if Shermer was obducted and taken to another planet, lost 5 hr's of his life, he would still find some explanation as to why it didn't happen.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

I tried reading it but it was impossible to get through. The juvenile tone and silly mastheads didn't help either. It's the same with all the Forteana hijackers- none of the words they use have their normal meaning, beginning with the ultimate portmanteau word of the disingenuous and fixated... Skeptic...