Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1448

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

"The Expanse" has turned out to be an intriguing, many-layered novel of a show with plot threads that go all over three domains and keep me interested wondering how the story is going to surprise me next. All the quality points of a good film are there, including great visuals. This is the first show that has engaged me this deeply since "Lost".

In a much different way, I've also been enjoying "The Magicians" which is more of a fantasy trip. If wish I could figure out who it is 'in real life' that Alice reminds me of physically but every time I see a closeup of that face, the question "who is that?" jumps into my brain and sticks there. I'm pretty sure it is someone from my distant past, an acquaintance or a classmate maybe. Here again the quality of the story is high and the various subplots go all over. Lots of fun.

Banned
    Certainly, one of the best documentaries I've seen in awhile:

ETs Among Us: UFO Witnesses and Whistleblowers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IGC331Q...&pf_rd_t=12801

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Albion-3D View Post
    Phoenix Forgotten.
    Release date: 4/21/2017
    I've been a Ridley Scott fan since the original ALIEN film debuted back in 1979, & later with Blade Runner.
    While I have reservations about "found film" movies, ala Blair Witch, if anyone can pull it off, Ridley Scott can.

The described story premisis reminds me of a movie from a few years back called:
    NIGHT SKIES (2007)

Night Skies plot is also linked to the Phoenix Lights.
    I'm a fan of actor AJ Cook, and she gives a good performance as an alien abduction subject/victim (CAUTION. Gruesome at times).
    Not bad for "B" Movie night. Friday night scary movie, on the couch, with popcorn.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Phoenix Forgotten.
    Release date: 4/21/2017
    I've been a Ridley Scott fan since the original ALIEN film debuted back in 1979, & later with Blade Runner.
    While I have reservations about "found film" movies, ala Blair Witch, if anyone can pull it off, Ridley Scott can.

The described story premisis reminds me of a movie from a few years back called:
    NIGHT SKIES (2007)

Night Skies plot is also linked to the Phoenix Lights.
    I'm a fan of actor AJ Cook, and she gives a good performance as an alien abduction subject/victim (CAUTION. Gruesome at times).
    Not bad for "B" Movie night. Friday night scary movie, on the couch, with popcorn.
    I snapped this image of a billboard on the weekend along Ventura Blvd in the SF Valley. Not sure if you can see the details too well, but I was struck on how well the "base message" came across here - "being lied to" hmmm?

The Expanse aired in US 04/19/17, finial episode for 2017. Good series, great writing - directing - acting. The episode ended with notation across the screen: Renewed for 2018.

Blog Entries
    O THE CIRCLE O
    with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson
    "We're watching you."
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Interesting, albeit a bit depressing, article on Star Trek Discovery, which seems to have been delayed again:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-the-****...ery-1794639961

(You may have to manually edit the URL, as it has the F-word in it. The vBulletin software replaces that, even in URLs.
    When I try the link in FF, though, it works.)
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Great Watch...

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (HBO doc can be accessed at the following link: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ison+of+Belief
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

I've decided to read Ingo Swann's "Penetration" book over again as I only skimmed through it years ago without really retaining much. Also have another one of his books I'll be reading after that one too. Am also reading Peter Novak's book entitled 'The Division of Consciousness: The Secret Afterlife of the Human Psyche'. Fascinating material (he gives a valid argument for the binary soul doctrine) and will start up a thread on that when I finish reading it.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi