Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Discuss your favorite and not so favorite Sci-Fi Films, Books, and TV shows. This thread is open to all of our related topics: UFOs and Space Operas, Exopolitics, Paranormal, Fantasy, Alternate Realities. Enjoy!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

Firefly (TV Series 2002–2003)

Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
    Creator:

Joss Whedon
    Stars:

Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres and Alan Tudyk

Norenrad mentioned Firefly on the Tag Lines thread so I thought I would use it as a starting point for this thread. I didn't like the series when I first saw it for reasons I might get into later. Later, when Serenity came out I rented it and the film gave me a new appreciation of the series. Re-runs are on frequently, often in a marathon on cable.
    Discuss!

Super! I'll get into this more when I get home.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed Firefly on DVD, it was so short lived on TV that I missed the original airing entirely.

Reminded me of OUTLAND, the Sean Connery film from 1981.
    Classed as a Space Western. First of it's type I recall viewing.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I enjoyed Firefly on DVD, it was so short lived on TV that I missed the original airing entirely.

Reminded me of OUTLAND, the Sean Connery film from 1981.
    Classed as a Space Western. First of it's type I recall viewing.
    Outland is still a very enjoyable film. It was called "High Noon in Space" by some. which actually isn't a bad idea.

Firefly became Serenity at a later date. It was great series as either.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Outland is still a very enjoyable film. It was called "High Noon in Space" by some. which actually isn't a bad idea.
    I watched that movie about four times after it came out and once more about a year ago. When I watched it again that last time, I noticed how well it holds up against time. I don't know if it was done on purpose, but they stayed away from technical shots that would look outdated later on... OK, the exploding face, but that was all.

This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

"FireFly" season one is temporarily FREE at Crackle: Episodes one through fourteen, click here to binge watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

Firefly (TV Series 2002–2003)

Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
    Creator:

Joss Whedon
    Stars:

Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres and Alan Tudyk

Norenrad mentioned Firefly on the Tag Lines thread so I thought I would use it as a starting point for this thread. I didn't like the series when I first saw it for reasons I might get into later. Later, when Serenity came out I rented it and the film gave me a new appreciation of the series. Re-runs are on frequently, often in a marathon on cable.
    Discuss!

Blog Entries
    I don`t know if you`d call it love...but I had a thing for the Daryl Hanna character. Very attractive young lady. :-)
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Rachel...