Page 119 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1452

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I watched season primer for Killjoys, Dark Matter is on DVR for later.
    Dark Matter S2E01 premier had a few surprises.
    Small spoiler:

Didn't see one of the original crew getting killed off so early in the season! (Not saying who).
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Small spoiler:

Didn't see one of the original crew getting killed off so early in the season! (Not saying who).
    The show's creator, in an interview last week, said the show will have more action in season 2 than in season 1, and that there will be plenty of surprises.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Small spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    The show's creator, in an interview last week, said the show will have more action in season 2 than in season 1, and that there will be plenty of surprises.
    I'm not convinced person in question is really dead. Somebody died but...

Series had good writing, directing, acting and set-designs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I'm not convinced person in question is really dead. Somebody died but...

Series had good writing, directing, acting and set-designs.
    Well, the particular scene in Dark Matter S2E01 did show a vicious initial assault, and ended with a coup-de-gras.
    They even showed a followup news story confirming deceased characters DNA.
    So unless the story arc ends with everyone awakening from a "dream sequence" (pretty lame, but granted a possibility), the character appears finished.
    Attachment 1008

Well, the particular scene in Dark Matter S2E01 did show a vicious initial assault, and ended with a coup-de-gras.
    They even showed a followup news story confirming deceased characters DNA.
    So unless the story arc ends with everyone awakening from a "dream sequence" (pretty lame, but granted a possibility), the character appears finished.
    I have a theory that is not a dream sequence. Will have to wait and see if it plays-out or not. Shows of this nature are expensive to produce. I hope they are able to continue the series.

In a related note, SYFY now has a functioning streaming channel on Roku with all of the current series and some of the older series. My only quibble is that they have only a few of their famed movies, or is that infamous movies? Anyway, they were great for a Saturday evening's mindless viewing where you could chat with guests without missing anything. Also, every other Sci-Fi channel on Roku has SYFY Channel caliber films in abundance, from recent to quite old. One has the whole Frankenstein cycle from Son of Frankenstein through Ghost of Frankenstein and Frankenstein's Daughter. My pal Bobby and I watched those on Saturday Late Nights when we were in High School with Elvira's predecessor, Zacherle (He of "Monster Mash" fame).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My pal Bobby and I watched those on Saturday Late Nights when we were in High School with Elvira's predecessor, Zacherle (He of "Monster Mash" fame).
    I remember Zacherle. I think he had a Saturday morning show in the '60s as well.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Blog Entries
    Mr Robot Season 2 premier.

Minor spoilers below:

Off to a good start.
    The battle between Mr Robot vs Elliott rages on, who will win out?
    The mystery of "where is Tyrell?" continues.
    Darlene steps out on her own. Filling the gap left by Elliott, who is literal taking a mental health day.
    And Angela arrives this season, fangs out.
    <Sniff> I do miss Flipper....
    Attachment 1008

Have not watched Mr. Robot...

07/22/16 episode: Killjoys continues to hold my interest. Number of uneasy secret alliances forming.

07/22/16 episode: Dark Matter, another decent series. Enjoying watching characters taking that second shot at life. Very interesting, "the key" offers interesting possibilities for the series. Android and Androids interaction was well written.

Blog Entries
    Came across an interesting movie the other night.
    I must have overlooked it first time around.
    Or mistook/disregarded it for the original, similar titled.

Alien Autopsy (2006) A British Comedy.
    The story of how Ray Santilli, a common street hustler selling illegal VHS Movie Videos/Music CDs from the trunk of his friend's car, came to be in possession of the famous film.
    How the film "degraded" after he took possession, and how he went about recreating the film (Santilli claims he did initially successfully view the intact authentic film, but age & elements quickly "ate" the film stock after opening the tin).
    And then, how he expected to sell a few hundred copies of the reproduction to UFO nuts, but experienced an unexpected mass success for the film.
    Played more like a documentary than a comedy to me, but then British humor was always a bit dry for my taste.
    A decent movie if you have a few hours to kill.

One bonus; no question about the dummy alien. Up close and personal, appears to be identical to the one used in the original 1995 release. The Brit comedy team of Dec&Ant star, with Bill Pullman doing a good job in a supporting role, and Harry Dean Stanton as the Army cameraman.

Attachment 1008