Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Bushwhacked

1-3

2-3

3-3

Just to wet your appetite, you can view more on Youtube.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

The trailer really does the film justice, I think. Makes me want to dig out the DVD.

Agreed, another, then I'll stop... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Outland is still a very enjoyable film. It was called "High Noon in Space" by some. which actually isn't a bad idea.
    I watched that movie about four times after it came out and once more about a year ago. When I watched it again that last time, I noticed how well it holds up against time. I don't know if it was done on purpose, but they stayed away from technical shots that would look outdated later on... OK, the exploding face, but that was all.

Dark Star was advertised as a "spaced out" fantasy and I have to agree. The only two things missing from that movie was acting and a budget. I watched it once when it first came out, I tried to watch it again, but I just couldn't. The movie should have been called, "Hippies in Space"

One of the writers of Dark Star was Dan O'Bannon, who was a writer on Alien 1,2,3 and 4, Total Recall, and a bunch of others.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0639321/

Very interesting, I guess we all start from the beginning. I'm a big Aliens fan, I just didn't like that pink creature in that last one.

I agree that Outland held up well. I liked it a bit better the last time I saw it. It didn't seem so derivative to me as it did back when I first saw it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    Very interesting, I guess we all start from the beginning. I'm a big Aliens fan, I just didn't like that pink creature in that last one.
    You mean Alien Resurection (ie Alien4)?

There were some parts I liked about the film, the swimming aliens were a nice touch, and the close-ups of the creatures in the isolation cells were a nice change from the fleeting glimpses we have seen in the past.

All in all, I'd say Alien4 was an improvement over Alien3 (Prison: Alien Prison Planet)
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    You mean Alien Resurection (ie Alien4)?

There were some parts I liked about the film, the swimming aliens were a nice touch, and the close-ups of the creatures in the isolation cells were a nice change from the fleeting glimpses we have seen in the past.

All in all, I'd say Alien4 was an improvement over Alien3 (Prison: Alien Prison Planet)
    I liked Alien 4, except for the "Pink Creature". Alien 3 was not so good but ages fairly well for me. I remember there were both script and director problems with Alien 3to the point where it is lucky to have turned out as well as it did.

Sometimes I think I should be embarrassed that I know these things...but I'm not.