Page 24 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Blog Entries
    A more perfect union | falling skies Ep 210
    Season 2 finale

See! I said it was better when the aliens showed their faces. Good show... SciFi done right. With a cliff hanger to boot. :-)
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I'm reminded of the difference between "The Twilight Zone" and "The Outer Limits".
    One had MONSTERS every episode!!!

Falling Skies really needs to show more aliens.
    Otherwise (IMHO) the show will simply devolves into a prime time soap opera.
    Last episode of the season and my wife and I thought it was awesome.

[Spoiler Alert]

I can't believe they killed off Ti and Red Eye. Just when I was getting use to the idea of friendly Skitters! I love the CGI, especially the final scene with the Alien craft decending from the clouds and out steps a new Alien creature. I loved it when the 2nd mass all drew their weapons and the creature, opened it's visor. Then they all just stood there looking at each other. This new creature looks more like a warrior class than the Overlords. Looked like a scene from Predator. Are they friend or foe? I cannot wait for season 3.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Blog Entries
    FALLING SKIES - **SPOILER ALERT**

Figured when the 2nd Mass destroyed that UPWARD pointing big gun that we were going to get some company.
    How does that old saying go? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Looks like a new ally to me.

About the CGI, I thought the new character was a bit Nintento Game-ish at first glance. But when he pulled off that helmet and I saw those wet glistening eyes, whoa. Kudos to the artists.
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    FALLING SKIES - **SPOILER ALERT**

Figured when the 2nd Mass destroyed that UPWARD pointing big gun that we were going to get some company.
    How does that old saying go? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Looks like a new ally to me.

About the CGI, I thought the new character was a bit Nintento Game-ish at first glance. But when he pulled off that helmet and I saw those wet glistening eyes, whoa. Kudos to the artists.
    I have been amazed at all the changes in the 2nd Season and they all worked for me. Like all SciFi fans, I've been disappointed so many times. I wish the season had been a bit longer. For next season I hope they learn some small unit combat tactics and that someone shoots that blonde traitor in the head.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have been amazed at all the changes in the 2nd Season and they all worked for me. Like all SciFi fans, I've been disappointed so many times. I wish the season had been a bit longer. For next season I hope they learn some small unit combat tactics and that someone shoots that blonde traitor in the head.
    Guess we could call it the season of hook ups. Lots of couples.

Also surprised at how many people died. You would think they were ST:TOS red shirts on a landing party the way we lost cast members!

Re blondie... at least they DID kill her alien master.
    But by the way she ran away I am guessing his death does not mean she is Free At Last...
    Attachment 1008

A show called Revolution.

See the first episode on hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/watch/397518
    Last edited by Fore; 09-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post

A show called Revolution.

See the first episode on hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/watch/397518
    How did I miss the Premier on NBC?

Revolution was decent, watched it on Hulu. Not sure if I will make a steady diet of the show, perhaps the first few eposides.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    How did I miss the Premier on NBC?
    They are running TV advertisements right now saying the premier is next Monday 9/17/12? Unless we are operating in different timelines, it has NOT premiered on TV yet.

First Season

Episode list:

S01E01 “Pilot“ Air date: Monday, September 17th, 2012.
    The story shows how a device causes all major electrical devices, from car engines to TV’s to batteries to iPhones, to go dead. We then jump forward 15 years to find out that members of the Matheson family know something about possibly how to reverse the effects.
    The world 15 years later is dominated by militias.
    A young woman’s life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously – and unbeknownst to her – had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.
    Attachment 1008

Thanks for the info and schedule on "Revolution". I thought I heard the premier was available in advance on the internet. I don't know that it was on network TV.