Page 36 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Revolution: That all we are seeing, is the same old drill, week after week in this show i.e. the group goes after a Monroe militia group that has kidnapped its latest hapless victim where that rag-tag bunch once again comes to the rescue... a rescue that we know will be a success because they predictably are able to pull that off in their usual implausible manner in every episode,yes, week after week. IOW's, there's no suspense here because we already know the story-line and how it's going to end too! All they are doing is replacing the actors who played in those roles last week with new ones in the next episode that is recycling the same subplot with only a few tweeks here and there to make it look like it's brand new material.

So once again I'm calling it lazy and unimaginative writing and it is a real shame that these shows are like this because with all the free-lance screenwriters there are out there who are dying to get their foot in the door, Hollywood's insistence on keeping it all in the family means they are only dipping into a small pool who are churning out the same old crap,year after year. So is it any wonder why we are seeing the same basic plot-lines in each new sci-fi sub-genre that comes out each season that's being regurgitated year after year?

However, I do like the main plot-line that we are seeing in this show that they manage to weave in and out throughout each episode. The ongoing spiel about the pendant is interesting even though it's only moving at a glacial speed.. so much so, it will take YEARS before we will be able to even write a summary on that story-line that is at least a short paragraph long.

I will keep watching this show though... on Hulu so I can skip through the same old same stuff to get to the meat of the story having to do with that dang pendant.
    Last edited by A99; 11-15-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    ABC canceled, "Last Resort" for next season.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2147316.html
    That was quick! Too bad.

Blog Entries
    ABC canceled, "Last Resort" for next season.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2147316.html

Darn. I liked that show. Any modern day sub captain with the guts to loft a nuke over DC to make a point has got to be worth tuning in too!
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Darn. I liked that show. Any modern day sub captain with the guts to loft a nuke over DC to make a point has got to be worth tuning in too!
    ABC and Fox both are quick on the trigger with new Sci-Fi shows. I was surprised that Lost made it past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ABC and Fox both are quick on the trigger with new Sci-Fi shows. I was surprised that Lost made it past two seasons.
    Don't think they took into account internet viewing.

Last Resort would've been a decent as a min-series. Same with The Event.

Blog Entries

Or maybe a 13 episode season format, like cable line up, would have been a better fit. A full 22 ep. Netwok season was ambitious. Difficult to press the limited premis
    Attachment 1008

People really trashed The Event and Flash Forward. I didn't see much wrong with either of them and thought they should have been given more of a chance. Sometimes I wonder what more people want out of these shows that would satisfy them?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    People really trashed The Event and Flash Forward. I didn't see much wrong with either of them and thought they should have been given more of a chance. Sometimes I wonder what more people want out of these shows that would satisfy them?
    And the answer is.........Drum roll................... $$$$$$
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Blog Entries
    REVOLUTION
    With the episode named "Kashmir" they really did feature a couple of Led Zep tunes.

Story premis, O2 deprevation causes hallucinations, was news to me?!?
    Attachment 1008