Page 81 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Watched CSI the other day. Noticed a credit for a "Cyberpsychologist: Mary Aiken".
    New one on me.
    Episode featured Patricia Arquette. I smell spinoff
    I was thinking the same thing.

1. Original 'CSI' Trio Reunite for Cyber Crime Spinoff - Variety

2. variety.com/2014/tv/news/original-csi-trio-reunites-for-cyber...

Feb 18, 2014 · CBS has ordered a pilot for a "CSI" spinoff focused on cyber crime that reunites ... The series revolves around the work of FBI cyber-psychologist Mary Aiken

I am not a fan of The Arrow. Flash comes out this Fall Season. I will give the season opener a chance, but it's not catching my attention. Perhaps it will do okay for a younger generation.

I gave The Arrow a try but it didn't grab me. I'll go ahead and give The Flash a look too, though.

Sci-Fi television shows getting the axe for the Fall Season.

The Neighbors comedy was on ABC.
    (watched a few minutes of first episode and lost interest)

Intelligence action drama was on FOX
    (watched half of second episode, no need to watch more)

Almost Human action drama was on FOX
    (watched every episode, they had this over the wall thing that wasn't explored)

Revolution action drama was on NBC
    (watched ever episode, there is one episode left this season and hopefully they will draw the series to a conclusion. But I expect to be left hanging.)

Believe drama action was on NBC
    (never watched)

The Tomorrow People action drama was on CW
    (watched every episode, but unsure it was going to hold my interest for next season)

Star-Crossed drama action romance was on CW
    (watched one episode, too much romance for my taste)

Thanks for the summary, Casper. It makes me a little sad to see so many sci-fi shows go. I'd rather see them get a chance to find an audience or a winning plot line. I di like how they wrapped up Being Human on SyFy though. Happy ending, too, which surprised me.

Escape From Planet Earth is a children's film. Bought a used DVD for grandson, he seemed to enjoy it.
    Earth is considered the "Dark Planet", aliens that land on the planet never return!
    Anyone familiar with UFO and government cover-up conspiracies will find a number of ha, ha, ha moments.

Another great Sci-Fi film worth watching with your children or grandchildren, The Iron Giant.

Last edited by CasperParks; 05-16-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    It was 20 years ago today..... ST: TNG series ended.
    Tempus Fugit

'And the Sky's the Limit': The Writers of the 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' Series Finale Look Back, 20 Years Later

Twenty years ago, Star Trek: The Next Generation writers Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga faced the TV writer's equivalent of the Kobayashi Maru (that's a no-win scenario, for you non-Trekkers out there): Not only were they tasked with scripting the first TNG movie, 1994's Star Trek: Generations, but they also had to craft a two-hour series finale that would put a bow on Star Trek: TNG's seven-season TV run. And oh yeah, write both scripts at the same time.

The result: "All Good Things…," the immensely satisfying and beloved TNG finale that aired May 23, 1994 — 20 years ago this week. Story Continues

Final line of the series, spoken by Picard during the closing scene at a poker game.
    "The skies the limit".
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Re-watched World War Z this weekend. A screenwriter was recently hired to write a sequel.

BlueRay and DVD releases for June 2014 that may or may not be of interest.

June 3rd, 2014

Falling Skies the third season.
    Robo Cop (remake)
    Parts Per Billion (virus and end of the world film, big name cast members)
    Mysteries Of Angels And Demons (documentary)

June 10th, 2014
    Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey (educational)
    Dude Where's My Dog (sfy children comedy, boy's dog becomes invisible)
    Adventures of Batman (TV cartoons re-release from ?1967?)

June 24th, 2014
    300: Rise of an Empire (historical fantasy)
    Last edited by CasperParks; 06-03-2014 at 07:40 AM.