Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Last week it was 35 years ago that, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams was published.

"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move," Douglas Adams.

Click here for Douglas Adams bio at Wikipedia.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 10-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    The Walking Dead
    Season 5 Premier tonight
    Oct 12@9pm West Coast
    What a bloody return it was!
    Certainly upped the Gore quotient.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Z-Nation
    "I give you mercy"
    Is nobody safe?
    Main character bites it.... or is bitten by it.
    At least he got, mmmm, an intimate send off.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    I bought a DVD set yesterday, of a TV show I don't remember ever hearing about. It's called Invasion. Shaun Cassidy is the creator and executive producer. The DVD set is the entire series and is 22 episodes (1-2 seasons?). Copyright, 2005-2006.

I haven't started watching it yet. Does anyone remember it? How was it?
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    I bought a DVD set yesterday, of a TV show I don't remember ever hearing about. It's called Invasion. Shaun Cassidy is the creator and executive producer. The DVD set is the entire series and is 22 episodes (1-2 seasons?). Copyright, 2005-2006.

I do not recall watching it. I tried to locate a trailer for it on youtube, but no luck. Amazon, it has 200 five star ratings from customers. Did find trailers for it at Amazon.

Blog Entries

I started watching this when it first appeared on television. With all the commercials and a slow pace I lost interest. It got a rating of 7.6 on IMDB and will probably play out well on DVD without those commercials nagging at you. It lasted only one season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460651/...s?ref_=tt_ql_6
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

It was good and got off to a good start. Hurricane Katrina gave the network bigs cold feet and they pulled the ads emphasing the flood part of the plot, stupidly. They choked momentum off and the show only went a season. It easily could ahve gone two or three seasons, I think. ~sigh~

The Rover takes place ten years after an economic collapse. It wild and dangerous living and traveling through the Outback. Guy Pearce is a fine actor, that he was playing lead role drew me to rent the DVD. I sort of recognized his co-star but could not place him. It was after looking up the cast that I realized his co-star was Robert Pattinson best known for Twilight series.

After watching Pattison in The Rover, he has won me over for one major reason. The fact he played the role of a dimwit so well, I did not recognize him from Twilight.

Is The Rover worth a DVD rental? If you are looking for a character driven story, yes.

Blog Entries

I've finished watching all 22 episodes and it was very good. It's a shame that it only aired for one season because it left me with a lot of questions and ended in a really good cliffhanger.

Doc, I can see how Katrina would have caused the network to downplay the hurricane scenes. After Katrina, it would have been difficult to watch bodies floating in the water on a fictional TV show. But, I feel that Shaun Cassidy is a genius in horror (just watch American Gothic) so maybe another network will pick it up in the future.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

I've finished watching all 22 episodes and it was very good. It's a shame that it only aired for one season because it left me with a lot of questions and ended in a really good cliffhanger.

Doc, I can see how Katrina would have caused the network to downplay the hurricane scenes. After Katrina, it would have been difficult to watch bodies floating in the water on a fictional TV show. But, I feel that Shaun Cassidy is a genius in horror (just watch American Gothic) so maybe another network will pick it up in the future.
    You did a marathon?