Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UFO sightings at Stonefield Beach reveal strange boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Robert Morningstar and Linda Moulton Howe also wrote to Prof. Hanshumaker. LMH got an answer back which Robert Morningstar forwarded: On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Linda Moulton Howe <earthfiles@earthfiles.com> wrote:

“I
    sent some assistants this weekend to the beach areas that are supposed
    to have the ‘unmovable’ metal boxes and there is nothing there.”
    - William Hanshumaker, Ph.D., Hatfield Marine Science Center, Newport, Oregon

"Today, February 14, 2012, Prof. Bill Hanshumaker phoned me to say that assistants he asked to search this past weekend for the alleged metal boxes could find nothing. Further, half a dozen State Police, Coast Guard and police offices I contacted that have jurisdictions along the Oregon beaches do not have any report about metal boxes washed up on beaches to date. KVAL CBS 13 in Eugene, Oregon, east of the beaches, has never had a report of such metal boxes either."
    <snip>

"Thank you, Linda...

I just wrote to Dr. Hanshumaker for clarification myself.

Best regards,

Robert M*"

Linda Moulton Howe is the Science/Environment Reporter and Editor at www.Earthfiles.co and an Investigative Reporter for Premiere Radio Networks.

Robert D. Morningstar is the co-editor of UFO Digest and has nearly as many accomplishments as he has interests.

I never did get a response from Prof. Hanshumaker. I assume he must have been swamped with emails.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I never did get a response from Prof. Hanshumaker. I assume he must have been swamped with emails.
    And he may have seen his responses posted all over the internet.

What does everyone make of this report?

http://www.southlincolncountynews.co...d=2942&page=72

Seems a bit too smug to me!

Quote Originally Posted by kleemkrishnaya View Post
    What does everyone make of this report?

http://www.southlincolncountynews.co...d=2942&page=72

Seems a bit too smug to me!
    From the link:

"A fiberglass-covered wood-framed dock float rests on the beach near Florence. It's one of many that showed up on south coast beaches within the past two weeks, and became the focus of a series of online articles by Dave Masko, a Florence-based freelance writer. Masko described them as immovable metal boxes and linked them to a reported UFO sighting at Bray's Point and Stonefield Beach a couple of miles south of Cape Perpetua. Marine debris experts have since identified them as a pier float that likely broke loose and washed out to sea during the January storm." (Courtesy photo by Bob Sneddon/KCST Coast Radio News)

This is a picture from the page and the caption. The article itself is short and well worth reading for anyone who has been following the story.

You make a good point. The smug tone of the article at the link suggests the writer is invoking the "giggle factor" to belittle the story. The picture is clearly not an immovable metal box, though. If this is a ginned up debunking explanation, it is a pretty effective one. I'd like to see if any other source has come up with this explanation and different pictures.