Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video: The 'woolly mammoth' alive

Video: The 'woolly mammoth' alive

'Woolly mammoth' spotted in Siberia

Shock footage ... 'woolly mammoth' crossing river
    Barcroft Media

By STAFF REPORTER

Published: 08th February 2012

A BEAST lurches through icy waters in a sighting a paranormal investigator thinks could prove woolly mammoths are not extinct after all.

The animal – thought to have mostly died out roughly 4,000 years ago – was apparently filmed wading through a river in the freezing wilds of Siberia.
    The jaw-dropping footage was caught by a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia, it is claimed.

ANIMAL previously thought extinct apparently filmed crossing icy river

Follow the link to see the video footage.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...sCSLDmQQFyhXym

A woolly mamoth reported by Mr Cohen or a bear with a fish in its mouth.

Some people are seeing a bear with a big salmon in its mouth, but...

"Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia." according to the story at the link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-Siberia.html

That said, Russian journalism often runs "science" stories that are not supported by more than one source. Often, the "facts" they report are one person's theory and that person sounds like a bit of a loony. This is claimed to be footage found by a "government-employed engineer" which might put it in a different category.

Hi Doc, at the start of the video it is copyrighted cohen/barcroft media. That means allnewsweb so a big red flag for me. There is no part of the clip in which you can judge size. For a look at the last few videos hosted at barcroft for Mr Cohen go here:

http://www.barcroftmedia.com/index.p...09022012152541

How did they get hair samples?

A couple of points in the "not a wooly mammoth" camp:

- The river looks exactly like a river that would have salmon living in it.
    - And I can't think of a reason why a wooly mammoth would wade into an ice-cold stream.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    Hi Doc, at the start of the video it is copyrighted cohen/barcroft media. That means allnewsweb so a big red flag for me. There is no part of the clip in which you can judge size. For a look at the last few videos hosted at barcroft for Mr Cohen go here:

http://www.barcroftmedia.com/index.p...09022012152541

How did they get hair samples?
    I only saw multiple copies of the mammoth video. What am I missing?

The link should take yo to a page with the last seven videos from Mr Cohen, the mammoth, space probe at a demo, grandmother kept alien in freezer etc. If it;s not working go to the barcroft homepage and do a video search for "Cohen".

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I only saw multiple copies of the mammoth video. What am I missing?
    Doc, the source of the video appears to be none other than Michael Cohen, who has proven again and again to just make things up to get page views and earn money that way.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Doc, the source of the video appears to be none other than Michael Cohen, who has proven again and again to just make things up to get page views and earn money that way.
    I can't tell if he is the source or if he just latched on to it to get a free ride. If it is his, then it is most likely crap.

From the comments:

"Let's see; the picture is fuzzy and out of focus. That means it has to be a UFO, Sasquatch, or the last living Obama supporter on Earth. On the other hand, it's not under a bus so it must be one of the first two."

Original Footage Found: Woolly Mammoth Video is Fake

Last week, a new video surfaced claiming to show a live woolly mammoth — an animal scientists think has been extinct for at least four millennia — crossing a river in Russia. The suspiciously blurry footage was allegedly "caught by a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia," according to a story in The Sun newspaper.

<snip>

Some suspected the video is an outright hoax — a computer-generated mammoth digitally inserted into a real river scene. Many others, however, were convinced that the animal was real: not a mammoth, but instead a bear with a large fish hanging from its mouth. That would explain its relatively small size, the shape of the "trunk" on its head, and the color. Experts cast doubts on the video's authenticity; Derek Serra, a Hollywood video effects artist, concluded that it "appears to have been intentionally blurred."

Screen grab of video showing alleged woolly mammoth crossing a river in Siberia.
    CREDIT: The Sun/Michael Cohen/Barcroft Media
    View full size image

" Serra isn't the only expert who can shed some light on this mystery: another person is Ludovic Petho. His name may not be familiar to most people, but his work has been seen by millions; he filmed themammoth footage at the Kitoy River in Siberia's Sayan Mountains in the summer of 2011.
    He's not an anonymous government engineer, but instead a writer and videographer. Petho filmed the river scene during a 10-day solo hike in the mountains as part of a video project he's working on about his grandfather's escape from a Siberian POW camp in 1915 and his walk across Siberia to Budapest, Hungary. The footage may end up being used in a documentary film — but there's one big difference between the video he shot and the woolly mammoth video.
    "I don't recall seeing a mammoth; there were bears, deer, and sable," he said in an interview with Life's Little Mysteries. "But no woolly mammoths. I had no idea my footage was used to make this fake sighting." Petho noted that his original video had been available on YouTube since July 2011, depicting an exactly identical scene — minus the faked woolly mammoth, of course."
    This story was provided by Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience. Follow Life's Little Mysteries on Twitter @llmysteries, then join us on Facebook.

http://www.livescience.com/18440-woo...ideo-hoax.html