Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video: The 'woolly mammoth' alive

I have to admit that I really wanted this to be true. There is something inside me that wishes these majestic beast could once again walk the earth. It is like the first time I saw Jurasic Park, I just sat in disbelief and my emotions went all over the place. I realize their time has come and gone but that doesn't change my desire to experience what my ancestors much have felt in their presence. Mammoths just as the Buffalo were hunted by my people, but Natives took only what they needed to survive and the spirit of the beast was treated with reverance.

As I sit here at my computer, surrounded by the modern technical advancements that I enjoy in my daily life, I cannot help but wish I could close my eyes for a moment, be standing on the rocky bank of that meandering river 10,000 years ago and see that wonderful creature as the Great Spirit intended!
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I have to admit that I really wanted this to be true. There is something inside me that wishes these majestic beast could once again walk the earth. It is like the first time I saw Jurasic Park, I just sat in disbelief and my emotions went all over the place. I realize their time has come and gone but that doesn't change my desire to experience what my ancestors much have felt in their presence. Mammoths just as the Buffalo were hunted by my people, but Natives took only what they needed to survive and the spirit of the beast was treated with reverance.

As I sit here at my computer, surrounded by the modern technical advancements that I enjoy in my daily life, I cannot help but wish I could close my eyes for a moment, be standing on the rocky bank of that meandering river 10,000 years ago and see that wonderful creature as the Great Spirit intended!
    They're actually trying to clone them.

See, e.g.:
    - http://news.discovery.com/animals/wo...ed-111205.html
    - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16068581
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Garuda,

Yeah I have been reading about that, it will be awesome if it can be done. I would love to see a live, full grown bull, tusk and all, just for the experience. Imagine the possiblities that would create, Sabertooths, Giant Ground Sloths and numerous others from that period. Once perfected, it would be a great tool for bringing back some of the many species that man destroyed.

Well I wouldn't like to see a Jurasic Park scenario coming true.

Let nature alone. If they're extinct, there must be a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemeos View Post
    Well I wouldn't like to see a Jurasic Park scenario coming true.

Let nature alone. If they're extinct, there must be a reason for that.

I have to disagree with you here. Given the right circumstance, I personally would love to see living-breathing Dinosuars. I am not talking about Ringling Bros, but in a controlled environment designed specifically for them.

Can you picture this with a Velociraptor on the other side of the glass?

"Mummy, what is he trying to tell me?"

"He wants you to step away from the glass!" Yeah right

It could be done in a safe manner, problem is it probably want be!!

That is a brave little girl!