Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I ... ?

Question How do I ... ?

If you don't know how to do something on this discussion forum, and you don't find the answers in the FAQs, or elsewhere in the 'New in Town?' section, this is where you can ask your questions.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

I just joined, and one problem I had at the other place, and still seems to be here - just doesn't seem to be a good forum for posting and discussing Mars stuff, like anomalies for sure, and whatever. There were some post over there, but they just seemed to get lost in the primary subjects of the forum they were posted in. I know, you just can't have a separate forum for every subject. But Mars is almost an entirely separate subject, or maybe Mars and Moon together??????

If not separate, then where would you post this type of stuff?? Thanks for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    I just joined, and one problem I had at the other place, and still seems to be here - just doesn't seem to be a good forum for posting and discussing Mars stuff, like anomalies for sure, and whatever. There were some post over there, but they just seemed to get lost in the primary subjects of the forum they were posted in. I know, you just can't have a separate forum for every subject. But Mars is almost an entirely separate subject, or maybe Mars and Moon together??????

If not separate, then where would you post this type of stuff?? Thanks for your help!!
    Good idea. It would be worthwhile to set up a board dedicated to the 'anomalies' we found in the solar system, be it on Mars, the Moon, Iapetus, Phobos, ...

Why don't you start in the 'Research Lab > Research and Investigations'?
    Once we've set an anomalies board up, we can move the discussions over to that board.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Having issue with creating my avatar.

Noted that permission must be given.

Hey, that sounds good, even better, to include all anomalies. Thanks, and I will. but it is late, for me, and prob. will make my first try at it here tomorrow. Am looking forward to our discussions! Haven't even made a short intro yet, but will!

Talk again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Having issue with creating my avatar.

Noted that permission must be given.
    Sorry for the glitches. Those are inevitable during launch.

What exactly are you trying to do: link to an existing image on the Internet?

If you could let us know, that would make it easier to pinpoint the problem.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Your Current Avatar

No Avatar Specified

Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
    Do not use an avatar
    Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

Not allow me to unselect "Do Not use an avatar". Not sure if that is the issue.

Your Current Avatar

No Avatar Specified

Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
    Do not use an avatar

OK, thanks. I'll look into it right now.

EDIT TO ADD: at first glance I don't find anything wrong with the settings, but it's new to me, too.
    I'll ask our tech admin who has years of experience with vBulletin to look into it.

In the mean time, if you have an image online that you'd like to use as an avatar, I can add link to that for you.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Your Current Avatar

No Avatar Specified

Do not use an avatar

Follow-up: our tech admin changed the permissions. You should be able to use a custom avatar now.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Garuda,

Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Using Charlie, my kitty. Was suppose to one of my former foster son's cat. Eight to nine years later, Charlie is still with me. Foster son has moved on, now 23 years old. Charlie is eight to nines years old, hope to have him around for a few more years.

Was considering using a bookcover, however that sort of falls under self promotion. Down the road, will have an avatar designed for me. Third book cover is being done by an artist in Japan, will ask her to do an avatar for me.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 12-05-2011 at 08:45 AM.