Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Garuda,

Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Using Charlie, my kitty. Was suppose to one of my former foster son's cat. Eight to nine years later, Charlie is still with me. Foster son has moved on, now 23 years old. Charlie is eight to nines years old, hope to have him around for a few more years.

Was considering using a bookcover, however that sort of falls under "self promotion". Down the road, will have an avatar designed for me. Third book cover is being done by an artist in Japan, will ask her to do an avatar for me.
    You're welcome! But I can't take the credit myself: our tech admin solved it for you.

Ah... a cat lover. You'll be in good company here!
    I've got about 8 running around where I live, 4 of which are less than 3 months old.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

quick question,

How do I edit my post, have been looking around a bit but can't anything.
    Reread a post of mine and saw that some sentences didn't make any sense at all so :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezufru View Post
    quick question,

How do I edit my post, have been looking around a bit but can't anything.
    Reread a post of mine and saw that some sentences didn't make any sense at all so :P.
    Underneath your post there is a bar: on the right side, the first option is 'edit post'.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Underneath your post there is a bar: on the right side, the first option is 'edit post'.
    i've indeed got a greyish bar there, but the only options i've got there are on the left side: Blog this post and Report post, and then at the right side: Reply, Reply with quote and Mulit-quote. Checked on a few differents posts of mine but all are the same.
    made a print screen so you could see.

post.jpg

i've indeed got a greyish bar there, but the only options i've got there are on the left side: Blog this post and Report post, and then at the right side: Reply, Reply with quote and Mulit-quote. Checked on a few differents posts of mine but all are the same.
    made a print screen so you could see.

post.jpg
    That's bizarre.

I just checked the permissions, and you should have the option to edit your own posts.
    And I know other members have been using it, as well.

We're looking into it.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Ok, thanks .

Already thought something was off, and after I got you're message I knew it for sure.

Ok, thanks .

Already thought something was off, and after I got you're message I knew it for sure.
    Kez,

If you had your window open for more than ten minutes in edit mode then it may have timed out on you.

Thanks or responding Chris, but the problem is that I can't get to edit mode, I just saw that the picture I uploades is a bit small but you can just barely make out whats standing on the greyish bar under my post. Can't find edit there, or I'm looking at the wrong place.

Thanks or responding Chris, but the problem is that I can't get to edit mode, I just saw that the picture I uploades is a bit small but you can just barely make out whats standing on the greyish bar under my post. Can't find edit there, or I'm looking at the wrong place.
    OK, found it: vBulletin limits the amount of time that you can edit a post. After that time, the 'edit post' option is no longer available.
    It was set to 10 minutes. We just changed it to 30 minutes.

If you need to change the text of a post after that, please contact one of the staff.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

That is a great feature!

Now Serial editors will have a hard time.

---------------------------

How does the reporting function work? Do you guys get an Email or does it go to some place where you can see it (like on Proboards)?