Thread: Did John Glenn disclose on "Frasier"?

Blog Entries

Did John Glenn disclose on "Frasier"?

On Coast to Coast AM Monday night (2/20/12), Richard C. Hoagland said that John Glenn asked the people on "Frasier" to let him be a guest on the show and did so in March, 2001. On The Enterprise Mission website, Hoagland writes:

In one of the strangest stories in recent years, former astronaut and Senator John Glenn made a March appearance on the NBC comedy "Frasier" in which he made the comments cited above. Although many have dismissed them as simple humor because of their context -- one of the most popular comedy's on television -- when you actually watch the program, listen to the words and observe Glenn's demeanor, it becomes much harder to dismiss this as “simple episodic comedy.”
    In fact, this bizarre appearance has all the earmarks of straightforward "Brookings" revelation. It is so direct, so fraught with implications, that had it happened in any other forum, it would have sent shockwaves through the press. Instead, because it happened in the context of a network "comedy," most observers, including some in the UFO community who should know better, are dismissing it and even making light of it as an early "April Fools" joke. Maybe that was precisely why this forum was chosen in the first place.
    According to Hoagland, Glenn's comments never made it into that episode but can be seen and heard here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1969167366054083869#
    Last edited by newyorklily; 02-23-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Its an interesting theory and it goes along with the idea of acclimation and plausible denial. I'd be a little more comfortable with it if Hoagland didn't have a reputation of pushing the interpretation of every small thing to the max.

I wonder whether in Europe they did show the full version, because the whole thing looks very familiar.

(Many sitcoms have longer versions for the non-commercial European TV stations. Typically, an episode of 'Friends' or 'Frasier' would be 3 minutes longer on those networks, to compensate for the fact that there are no commercials).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I wonder whether in Europe they did show the full version, because the whole thing looks very familiar.

(Many sitcoms have longer versions for the non-commercial European TV stations. Typically, an episode of 'Friends' or 'Frasier' would be 3 minutes longer on those networks, to compensate for the fact that there are no commercials).
    That would make sense, because I'm pretty sure I remember seeing at at the time as well.

It's a good clip, quite funny too. Whether it is acclimation, or not, remains speculation without any direct evidence or testimony. I wonder if anybody ever asked John Glenn about it?
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"