Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Early Humans in the Americas 22,000 Years Ago?

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ng...ture2/map.html

March 2006's National Geographic is I think the issue you are looking for and this link is to that issue.
    Thank you, majicbar. There is another one as well. All I remember about it now is that it did not use the same perspective as the one you linked, it was a more traditional looking map with different colors for the migrations, duller colors IIRC.

In case anyone has further interest in this topic, I've been writing about the Calico Early Man Site over on the blog side. I have one more piece to post then I am going to write about Virginia Steen McIntyre and the Hueyatlaco Site, which is a strong case for much earlier migration through the Western Hemisphere. There is another strong case, too, that has been suppressed for many years.

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/blog.php

Another person to check out here is Chris Dunn. Chris is an engineer who looks at these discoveries and tries to determine if there couldn't be a practical application or use for them. His work can be followed at www.gizapower.com.

I hope to meet up with him later this year as one of my co-workers knows both Hancock and Dunn.

In the 40 years since there have been dramatic improvements in the techniques of rock dating, is it possible that some will again take up the site and try and pin down its true implications (Calico archeological site).

I was recently reading the paper by Richard B. Firestone and William Topping, " Evidence of a Nuclear Catastrophe in Paleoindian Times", Mammoth Trumpet, Volume 16, Number 2, March 2001 reprinted in Infinite Energy Volume 7, Issue 40, November/December 2001 which details radioactive dating issues with such sites.

This particular article deals with the details of a presumed redating of a Michigan site, the site, which with other Northeastern sites seems to have anomalous dating issues where the Carbon 14 seems to perhaps have a "reset" which makes the artifacts appear to be younger than other evidence would indicate. Presumably a Supernova could have bombarded the region with an intense neutron flux which altered the various nuclear clocks used in dating. The article discusses the various mechanisms that may have been involved. A particular remnant of a Supernova is noted to exist in the Northern skies which could have supplied the needed event for such a resetting of nuclear clocks.

The article can be taken as a caution in using nuclear clocks in general as they are seemingly so sensitive to both Supernova and Solar radiation. Finding a less sensitive means seems unlikely, perhaps greater sophistication will counter that. Integrating a greater database and refined techniques of analysis will I hope make the use of such nuclear clocks more instructive in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    In the 40 years since there have been dramatic improvements in the techniques of rock dating, is it possible that some will again take up the site and try and pin down its true implications (Calico archeological site).

I was recently reading the paper by Richard B. Firestone and William Topping, " Evidence of a Nuclear Catastrophe in Paleoindian Times", Mammoth Trumpet, Volume 16, Number 2, March 2001 reprinted in Infinite Energy Volume 7, Issue 40, November/December 2001 which details radioactive dating issues with such sites.

This particular article deals with the details of a presumed redating of a Michigan site, the site, which with other Northeastern sites seems to have anomalous dating issues where the Carbon 14 seems to perhaps have a "reset" which makes the artifacts appear to be younger than other evidence would indicate. Presumably a Supernova could have bombarded the region with an intense neutron flux which altered the various nuclear clocks used in dating. The article discusses the various mechanisms that may have been involved. A particular remnant of a Supernova is noted to exist in the Northern skies which could have supplied the needed event for such a resetting of nuclear clocks.

The article can be taken as a caution in using nuclear clocks in general as they are seemingly so sensitive to both Supernova and Solar radiation. Finding a less sensitive means seems unlikely, perhaps greater sophistication will counter that. Integrating a greater database and refined techniques of analysis will I hope make the use of such nuclear clocks more instructive in the future.
    Hey! You are stealing my last chapter!

Off topic but not off topic - Iceman news, blood cells

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-...t-blood-cells/

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Off topic but not off topic - Iceman news, blood cells

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-...t-blood-cells/
    Interesting. I notice the one comment there mentions similar reports regarding a T Rex. No link, though. Maybe someone can track it down.

I put up the last part about the Calico Early Man Archeology Site over on the blog side. I'm going to move on to some other cases next like Hueyatlaco and Monte Verde.

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/e...isphere-Part-6

Hey Doc, Sorry for dropping the ball of late. I am having 'puter problems. I will for another week probably till I can get this thing fixed.

In the meantime I look forward to your post on Hueyatlaco. I am interested in any updates from when I read of her discovery and consequent "shaming" out of the community. The closed mindedness of the established archeologists is disappointing as I thought discovery was what science was all about.
    Hmmmm,my bad, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Hey Doc, Sorry for dropping the ball of late. I am having 'puter problems. I will for another week probably till I can get this thing fixed.

In the meantime I look forward to your post on Hueyatlaco. I am interested in any updates from when I read of her discovery and consequent "shaming" out of the community. The closed mindedness of the established archeologists is disappointing as I thought discovery was what science was all about.
    Hmmmm,my bad, eh?
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having computer trouble. I hope you get back online soon!

In researching Hueyatlaco I had to go back and review some sources I hadn't read in some time to make sure I was getting the context accurately. While looking around I found nearly a dozen other cases of suppressed archeology in the Western Hemisphere. I had heard of maybe two or three of the unknown cases, the rest were buried well because I had not heard a word about them. Of particular note is that some of the sites that are getting acceptance these days are detailed enough and clear enough that the debunkers can't explain them away as easily and maybe not at all. And majicbar was right on the money--the testing has improved and expanded in the last few decades. They are able to subject finds to as many as five different tests that are credible now. This is real "Frontier of Understanding" stuff. I've been thinking about how to handle all of this information to get it to people who read at The OutPost.

I am really looking forward to the Hueyatlaco information as much has just disappeared. And the other subjects are a great tease.
    Many if the claims often get trashed because they were not documented in situ and archeologists get all weird about process. I understand but they seem to be unwilling to even consider the possibilities. I am looking forward to your posts!

The computer is still sick. I can resurrect it but need to catch my better half in a moment of weakness and get it reformatted. Meanwhile I am at the library and on my ipod, which btw, is making me blind !

Graham Hancock update via Filer's Files #18:

"Elves, Aliens, Angels and Ayahuasca,” by Graham Hancock

Parallel Realms and the Mysteries of the Vine of the Dead."

Judging from the abundant evidence of ancient cave art from all parts of the world, encounters with aliens and UFO's are nothing new. Humanity has been visited, taught and nurtured by non-terrestrial beings for at least 35,000 years, construing them according to different cultural frameworks as "spirits", "elves" or "fairies", "angels" or even "demons", and most recently as "aliens". The same beings and vehicles depicted in the cave art also occur in the much more recent art of surviving shamanistic peoples still living today in remote regions such as the Kalahari and the Amazon jungle.
    “Voyage into the Supernatural”, the rest of the book moves away from cave art into a completely different frame of investigation, one which is best compared to the ground-breaking books of Jacques Vallée during the 1960s and 70s. While the first part of Supernatural investigates a minor paradigm change, these chapters aim to reassess our entire vision of reality. Hancock prefaces this change of tack with this: Because I had been shaken to the core by my experiences with ayahuasca and ibogaine, I decided to take my investigation further and to explore the extraordinary possibility . . . that the spirit world and its inhabitants are real, that super natural powers and non-physical beings do exist. In this chapter Hancock provides a marvelous illustration of the correspondences between shamanic experiences and the ‘alien abduction’ phenomenon (surrounded by quotes because Hancock is certainly not arguing for ‘nuts and bolts’ UFOs and aliens). It’s a good, solid introduction to what is a quite bizarre topic, and hopefully it provides enough evidence to draw the more ‘straight-thinking’ readers into the following chapters. It also shows (sadly) how little we really understand about ‘alien abductions’, while at the same time presenting ways forward for research, with the many parallels to Psychic experiences.
    Subsequent chapters add in Vallée’s link between Fairy folklore and UFO experiences. In fact, Supernatural becomes virtually a comparative mythology investigation, with shamanic voyages, fairy folklore, and alien abduction reports. Time after time, Hancock presents stunning evidence to show that these are all part of a single phenomenon.
    The Amazonian visionary brew Ayahuasaca (where the active ingredient is DMT) has opened up the experiences of parallel realms and their inhabitants. Furthermore, in part four of the book he ties in DMT, the DNA element of shamanic visions (as explored by Narby, Harner and others), and the idea that information encoded within our ‘Junk DNA’ may be facilitating our education, by either advanced alien civilizations or entities from parallel/spiritual dimensions. Lastly, like a prodigal son returning to his roots, he discusses how this may relate to art and religion in ancient civilizations, specifically the Egyptians and Mayans.
    It may be high strangeness, but it is also terrific reading. ”Aliens: Why They Are Here, Hancock avoids being overly-holistic and attempts to lay out the individual parts of his hypothesis backed by appropriate evidence. Supernatural could well be a breakthrough book on a number of subjects. Hancock has stepped forward with his high-profile and admitted to taking illicit substances, issuing a challenge regarding the human right to explore our own consciousness. He will also be bringing the strange ‘third realm’ out of the shadows, so to speak, and presenting it to a wide range of newsreaders. There’s something for everyone interested in the ‘alternative’ genres – archaeology and anthropology, religion and mythology, shamanism and altered states, ufology and alien abduction.
    Hancock immerses himself in his books, traveling the globe and attempting to ‘walk in the same shoes’ as necessary. This method of narrating his investigation works simply because he is a great writer: he takes the reader with him by employing florid descriptions which somehow never seem to push into excessiveness and hyperbole. Once again Hancock focuses on the work of a number of cutting edge researchers with ‘new Paradigm’ ideas – in Fingerprints of the Gods it Hapgood, while here it is Lewis-Williams, Vallée, John Mack and Benny Shanon – and links the disparate topics together to provide an over-arching theme to the book. In the case of Supernatural, that theme is altered states of consciousness, and whether humanity has grown (perhaps even been ‘taught’) through our capacity to enter into them via hallucinogens and other shamanic techniques.
    Graham Hancock is to be commended for picking up the torch which Jacques Vallée and John Keel originally lit, and taking it even further in Supernatural, in order to illuminate the margins of reality. Hancock has admitted to taking illicit substances, issuing a challenge regarding; the human right to explore our own consciousness.
    Where do these "others" come from? Parallel universes will be, I believe the overriding theory of the twenty-first century, and it's certainly easy to see, as many have postulated, the often inexplicable aliens emanating from other vibrations rather than other planets, but Hancock introduces an even more audacious theory. Like a lot of archaic/psychedelic thought it originated with the late, great Terence McKenna who, confronted with the prevalence of helix imagery during his trips, postulated that his drug of choice, DMT (an ingredient in many shamanistic substances), makes "information stored in the neural-genetic material available to consciousness." In other words all that "junk" information contained in DNA, which resembles a language and has inexplicably been preserved for millennia, is in fact a message that the superior beings who created it imbedded in advance of the time we would be able to understand it (kind of like the monoliths in 2001). Francis Crick, one of the discoverers of DNA (who was, by the way, under the influence of LSD when he first visualized the double helix shape of DNA - something they sure didn't tell us in high school when we reverently studied The Double Helix) even came to believe that DNA itself was the result of an alien seeding project.

Hancock presents these ideas as more speculative than the rest of the book, as indeed they are, and in his final chapter gives a quick overview of the shamanic origin of all religions and the essentially psychedelic nature of shamanism, tracing the use of hallucinogens in such landmarks of ancient spirituality as the mysteries of Eleuis and the Soma of the Vedas.

All in all, it's an important book which examines the spirit world and UFOs, firmly grounded in scholarship, yet able to utilize the fruits of personal experience and experimentation. Hancock presents a unified theory for almost every encounter between humans and supernatural beings (although, in the "spirit" of the season I must say that, despite the fact that departed ancestors play a role, Hancock does not grapple with the localized phenomena of ghosts. Hancock’s books have sold more than five million copies, have been translated into 27 languages, and include five No. 1 bestsellers. Thanks to http://www.evolver.net/group/evolver