Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serpo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    However, I still believe that there is an ongoing acclimation process and that the release of information about programs like Serpo (which is probably an amalgam of several different programs) is a part of that process.

Isn't more like dis-acclimation process.

I mean I don't see anyone being acclimated to anything alien related at all.

Most of the efforts seem to concentrate on efforts to show that ufo believers are insane nut jobs.

Look at the results of the process

Look at the sheer amount of hoaxes.

The goal seems to be confusion....not acclimation.

Blog Entries
    I don't know but, it seems that UFOs are showing up more and more in good ole Americana. County fairs are even getting into it now.

Extraterrestrials Encouraged To Visit San Diego County Fair

That seems like acclimation to me. Or, maybe it is just capitalism.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Probably we have a difference of opinion over the definition of the word acclimation.

from the link....

McBride believes only good can come of the fair, regardless of whether real E.T.s show up to sample the Fair's offerings -- including its newest contribution to carnival culinary delights, a two-pound turkey leg covered with a pound of bacon.

This isn't it as far as I'm concerned.

Acclimation I would think.....would have a predominate theme that crosses many channels of communication.

Please tell me what the predominate theme is of the last 50 years regarding the alien acclimation process.

What is the one thing the acclimation has accomplished to this date.

What's the message?

ET could possibly exist?

Really?

That's just too vague.

The supposed acclimation process would boil down to just a few key points.

I don't know what they are.....and that tells me there is no process....or that the process is meant to confuse.

There is no real message.

More likely the message has been to cover up "earthly" test platforms.

Now I'm not saying that there no phenomena....I've seen something that appeared to real.

I'm saying in the unlikely event there has been an acclimation process....what ufers want it to be...isn't what the results have produced.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if acclimation was the goal of Serpo.
    But I am interested Mur, in knowing how the Serpo story would differ from, say "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" movie as a tool of acclamation?

Had Serpo been presented as SciFi, it could almost be a CE3 sequel.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I don't know where the discussion of acclimation left off back then but I seem to recall there were two main theories put forward. The first theory was that acclimation in general and Serpo specifically was to advance the Core Story, "They've been here, we've been there, we have some of their technology". As Serpo started to falter, Rick Doty criticized the notion of Serpo as acclimation along the lines of if it was acclimation, it was poorly designed and he would do it differently with a bigger budget, etc.

This led to a more general discussion of various techniques of acclimation to include disinformation, surrounding the truth with a group of half-truths and lies and all the other techniques used to get an idea out there. Theory 2 would involve a very subtle, long term acclimation plan that would get idea of an exchange program out there, discussed for a couple of years and then called a hoax. The point was to get the idea discussed as a possibility beyond the fiction of Close Encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I don't know where the discussion of acclimation left off back then but I seem to recall there were two main theories put forward. The first theory was that acclimation in general and Serpo specifically was to advance the Core Story, "They've been here, we've been there, we have some of their technology". As Serpo started to falter, Rick Doty criticized the notion of Serpo as acclimation along the lines of if it was acclimation, it was poorly designed and he would do it differently with a bigger budget, etc.

This led to a more general discussion of various techniques of acclimation to include disinformation, surrounding the truth with a group of half-truths and lies and all the other techniques used to get an idea out there. Theory 2 would involve a very subtle, long term acclimation plan that would get idea of an exchange program out there, discussed for a couple of years and then called a hoax. The point was to get the idea discussed as a possibility beyond the fiction of Close Encounters.

Doty probably wrote it...he worked on the X-Files....right?

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I don't know if acclimation was the goal of Serpo.
    But I am interested Mur, in knowing how the Serpo story would differ from, say "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" movie as a tool of acclamation?

Had Serpo been presented as SciFi, it could almost be a CE3 sequel.

What do you think the goal was?

But I think you are right...it's Sci-Fi all the way

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    Probably we have a difference of opinion over the definition of the word acclimation.

from the link....

This isn't it as far as I'm concerned.

Acclimation I would think.....would have a predominate theme that crosses many channels of communication.

Please tell me what the predominate theme is of the last 50 years regarding the alien acclimation process.

What is the one thing the acclimation has accomplished to this date.

What's the message?

ET could possibly exist?

Really?

That's just too vague.

The supposed acclimation process would boil down to just a few key points.

I don't know what they are.....and that tells me there is no process....or that the process is meant to confuse.

Now I'm not saying that there no phenomena....I've seen something that appeared to real.

I'm saying in the unlikely event there has been an acclimation process....what ufers want it to be...isn't what the results have produced.
    Here are my answers. Keeping it light of course. Your question in Red

What acclimation you say, everyone talks about it. Get people looking syward. Imaginations going all over the place. And to this day, theories abound, good and crazy.
    Just see wht Hollywood has done <wink, wink>

What is the one thing the acclimation has accomplished to this date.$$$$$ for the government is the biggest thing I can think of. But on another note, it has gotten people of all walks of life watching the sky’s. Maybe that’s the intent, maybe not. They're not talking.

What's the message?
    We’re all a bunch of sucker’s, that will be $50.00. The money thing again. Military needs another secret toy.

ET could possibly exist?
    I really believe they do. Have they been here, that’s really the question isn’t it. Again, there are die hard believer’s and die hard non believer’s with a whole range in between.

Old adage, the more we learn, the less we know.

Really?
    Yuuup (Dave from Storage wars)

That's just too vague.
    I know it's a statement but....Isn’t life?

The supposed acclimation process would boil down to just a few key points. I don't know what they are.....and that tells me there is no process....or that the process is meant to confuse.
    Nailed IT!!! (we don’t have that smiley)

There might be, they just haven’t told us what it is yet. As usual wouldn’t you say?

Very good possibility <+ 1 Karma point> we don’t have those either, but have one anyway.

So have many of us, and it wasn’t swamp gas, balloons, etc. It was just unidentified and flying/maneuvering differently than anything known.

Biggest question here is why. Everyone wants proof when none can be gotten. But then we are never given the whole truth anyway. Right?

Great questions Mur.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Has there ever been any independently verifiable evidence regarding the whole SERPO thing? Or is 100% of it just the word of 2 or 3 anonymous people? Has anyone ever gotten a FOIA document containing the word "SERPO"? Something would exist if it's as big of a project as claimed.