Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Serpo

I remember reading online that the Serpo documents were proven fake, and were created by the guy from Project Camelot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfish View Post
    The Serpo website has disappeared. At least it wasn't here tonight.
    Must be domain name renewal time.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hilton View Post
    I remember reading online that the Serpo documents were proven fake, and were created by the guy from Project Camelot.
    Bill Ryan and/or Kerry Cassidy?
    Lots of rumors over the years.
    Information, disinformation.
    Nothing "proven" that I'm aware of.
    AFAIK Just a lot of opinions.
    Attachment 1008

Somewhere I read that Serpo was actually supposed to be a project about how information gets leaked and distributed over the internet or something like that.

Might the whole thing be a hoax? Maybe. But at least if it's a hoax it's a fairly entertaining hoax.

E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

The "guy" you speak of from Project Camelot would be Bill Ryan. Project Camelot came sometime after the saga of SERPO began... It all started 2 November 2005 by a retired senior official within the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) who calls himself "Anonymous".

For those who have not much knowledge of what went down might start at the links below...

http://serpo.openmindsforum.com/intro.php

The first ANON release...

This is the original posting by 'Anonymous', the key information provider on this site. Also included are three responses and seemingly independent verifications of the information.

First let me introduce myself. My name is Request Anonymous. I am a retired employee of the U.S. Government. I won't go into any great details about my past, but I was involved in a special program.
    snip

http://serpo.openmindsforum.com/release1.php
    Last edited by epo333; 11-24-2014 at 02:59 AM.

One of the more interesting aspects of the Serpo saga, at least for me, was the huge effort put into debunking the story over the period of a couple of years. If it was a hoax of some sort, like most internet hoaxes, nobody puts thousands of hours into debunking them. Also. most of the usual reasons for hoaxes beyond "attention seeking" like selling a book, getting a movie deal, getting all over television, never panned out. If the people who are accused of making it all up actually did so with one of those profit motives in mind, they failed. As far as I know, anyone who got involved in it, spent money and saw very little, if any, money come back to them. A lot of people had fun and were entertained. So if creating a pastime for a few hundred or thousand people for a handful of years was the goal, it succeeded. Otherwise, it goes in the same grey basket as the John Titor Saga.

"....For those who have not much knowledge of what went down might start at the links below...

http://serpo.openmindsforum.com/intro.php "............................

Yes the link does work. Thank you.

Beside the original SERPO story, there are plenty of other stories by Victor that still bear scrutiny. The Reagan briefing papers for one, and another is the story of finding the wreckage of an ancient spaceship somewhere in a NATO (?) country. It was located by archaeologists and inside, among other things, contained some sort of 3-D images of the universe as known to the pilots (?) . Victor had the codename for the project, (two words that were masked). You wouldn't need the project's code words, but an idea of who were the archaeologists and the use of the 3D rendering software would be a step toward verification. That might be something Victor could add to at a later date.

the kingfish
    Last edited by kingfish; 11-25-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    BTW, as noted the website was/is fine.
    The glitch with the name/address was resolved a few days ago.
    www.Serpo.org
    Good to go.
    Attachment 1008