Thread: Coyote summit, March 10, 2012: Mutilated cattle?

Coyote summit, March 10, 2012: Mutilated cattle?

From UFOSNW:

"Description: Please take a look at these photos. Let me know what you think. My Friend Steve and I were surprised to see how close these cows were to to the back gate of area 51. I have seen other sightings in Indiana and Costa Rica of unidentified objects. We see stuff in Las Vegas as well.

Note: Two UFO enthusiasts were driving down Highway 375 (Extraterrestrial Highway) and decided to take a dirt road to Coyote Summit. They came across two cow carcasses which they thought were mutilated. (See slide show of photos above.) Coyote Summit is near the “back gate” of Area 51. (See gray polygon in above map.) Most of the photos in the above slide show are of one of the cows that shows more signs of possible mutilation. One of the slides shows both cows. It is not clear if these cows were actually mutilated as it is not known how long they have been dead. Certainly predators could have caused some of the damage. It is interesting that the cows were found close to Area 51." Source: http://www.ufosnw.com/newsite/march-...da-930-am-pst/

As mentioned above, it is entirely possible that these animals were 'mutilated' as a result of natural predation, given that fact that the time of death is unknown and the animals may have been exposed for some time. Although, it is worth noting the typical 'jaw strip' type injury.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Hi Lee,

I dare say, that is a jaw strip for sure, no doubt in my mind about that.

Hi bluehorizon and welcome to the forum!

I had the same impression.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Agree, jaw appears ripped away. Not saying something did not happen. Wonder if afterwards coyotes and whatever critters didn’t catch a bite on it. If so, have to try and sort through the damage.

Do critters avoid mutilated cattle for some unknown reason?

In some cases scavengers and other animals in the vicinity have been reported to avoid 'mutilated' carcasses, in others they do not. Why this might be is difficult to say. It could be that the animals sense something unusual, perhaps there are residual toxins in some mutilation cases?

In this instance, due to the decomposition, it really is impossible to be certain what the cause of death was and whether some or all of the injuries were caused by scavengers. The so called 'jaw strip' is a common feature in mutilation cases though and it's presence here is intriguing.

Many years ago in the mid 80's, there was a spate of sheep deaths in my neck of the woods.
    Me and another chap came across several carcases in a field over a few week period. The one that I remember most looking at, had a slice cut off the tip of it's tongue. I never forgot that, it seemed weird even then all those years ago. Didn't have a clue what a mutilation was back then, but I do now think that something was very strange about it.
    I have experienced a lot of very high strangeness in this area of Alfreton, and still doing to this day.

I'd be very interested to hear more about some of your experiences, bluehorizon. I hope you can find the time to share with us here.