Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clouds on Mars

Clouds on Mars

The Daily Mail in the UK has this article about an amateur astronomer who took pictures of Mars that seem to show clouds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ke-CLOUDS.html
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Hey Garuda! FWIW, here is W. Jaeschke's website, that has this and other findings he has made.

http://exosky.net/exosky/

Obviously there are no clouds on Mars. I feel sure NASA must have said so, somewhere. Must be some stupid anomaly researcher, struck by that common skeptic diagnosed disease know as Pareidolia. But this is the first time I have seen Pareidolia expressed as possibly seeing 'CLOUDS AS CLOUDS"!!

Thanks for the link, rdunk. The pictures of Mars he has posted there are impressive. What are other Anomaly people saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Thanks for the link, rdunk. The pictures of Mars he has posted there are impressive. What are other Anomaly people saying?
    Hey Doc - as you probably have seen too, there have been numerous people talking about sky color and clouds on Mars for quite some time. This does seem to possibly put a little "proof icing" on that subject. However, I haven't spent much time with it actually, so I don't have an answer for you. I will do some looking tomorrow to see if there has been much further discussion on it, and will post a follow-up.

What are the implications of this? I don't know much about the Martian atmosphere. Is the assumption that these are water clouds or that the atmosphere is thick enough to support cloud formation?

First point of interest here is that Wayne Jaeschke was intimately involved with some of the shenanigans in the early days of Serpo.

Secondly, Mars does have an atmosphere - albeit one that is heavy on carbon dioxide and light on oxygen and nitrogen. So it is indeed possible for there to be clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    Hey Doc - as you probably have seen too, there have been numerous people talking about sky color and clouds on Mars for quite some time. This does seem to possibly put a little "proof icing" on that subject. However, I haven't spent much time with it actually, so I don't have an answer for you. I will do some looking tomorrow to see if there has been much further discussion on it, and will post a follow-up.
    I have found a considerable discussion on this subject at the ATS place (about 6 pages of posts at this point). Of course, it pretty much runs the gamut of possibilities, as no one really knows yet what this feature really is a result of, meteor impact, volcanic happening, nuclear event, etc. Hopefully, future telescopic pics, and Orbiter pics can shed some factual truth details!

So, FYI for anyone interested, I will post a link here to that discussion (hope that is ok?)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread822586/pg1

We don't mind links for a legitimate purpose. Thank you for asking.

Go here there are thousands of pics from the Mars Global Surveyor and you will find pics of clouds blocking the view of the satellite. I also found pics show what I would say is plant life in the form of massive trees. I made a vid of this with link in the description. That is going to be one of my next projects to document clouds on Mars, and all my vids use public domain images. Everything is hidden in plain sight!

Watch in HD fullscreen

MGS CD images: ftp://ida2.wr.usgs.gov/

KK
    Last edited by krazyken; 06-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.

I don't know what to make of those pictures. Logic tells me it must be geological formations, perhaps on light colored, sandy ground...but they sure do look like trees!