Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UFO Ownership - If an ET Craft crashes on your land, whose property is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Well, with the shuttle they can clearly argue that it's government property. Also having people messing with the debris would likely hinder investigation into the cause. It's probably similar in any aviation crash I would imagine that if you took pieces of the wreckage then that would be illegal.
    My recollection of space law, U. S. Space Law and the U. N. treaty on space is that the Government where debris or alien craft lands, is responsible for custody of these items and for the eventual return to the government that launched the craft into space. The owners of the land where these items land is compensable by the government launching these items, or in their stead the government of the land where such a landing has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Wansen,

You're making reference to (paraphrased version): Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations, passed into law on July 16, 1969. Anyone in contact with an extraterrestrial and or UFO is jailed. NASA can enforce quarantine that a court order cannot break.

Supposedly, in early 1990s - maybe 1992 that law was rescinded. From what I heard, jokes in both US Houses were made in the process of rescinding it. An interesting consideration, 1950s a experiment was done with subliminal message at a theater. People were outraged. Legislation was introduced to prohibit subliminal messages. People assume legislation passed, but it did not. This could be similar, people assume it was rescinded and it was not. Congress must vote, then Senate, followed by signature of sitting President. It could've passed both Houses and President failed to sign it. Or alterations were made the process, changing wording and back to Congress who votes under the radar then back to Senate and onward to the President. They can make following legislation complex and confusing to follow as it bounces around.

*It is rare that laws are rescinded. At the time, John Lear and others were drawing attention to UFOs. Richard Hoagland had books and videos regarding The Face and other oddities on Mars.

I suspect rescinding Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations was an effort to deflect reference to it. Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations could be resurrected without much effort, depending on excuses and reasoning for doing it.

If it was rescinded, I suspect another law has replaced it. A law that is buried through an amendment to unrelated legislation, and or was passed under the radar of the general population.

I am not able to answer this question: What other nations have similar laws in place?
    http://www.snopes.com/legal/et.asp

Rescinded!