Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UFO Ownership - If an ET Craft crashes on your land, whose property is it?

Blog Entries
    And that brings to mind the question of sanctuary.
    What if the occupants are alive?
    Have they been proven hostile?
    Do they deserve medical care?

What if the occupants are dead?
    If they are not considered human, then their remains are simply property, like any other dead animal found on your land.
    Heck, they might even be good eatin' Mr General. Why should I surrender my road kill salad to you?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I can definitely say that aliens are off my menu.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Ya never know, they be made from vegitarian material...........an example is the creature iin the first "The Thing" The creature in that first one was played by James Arness by the way.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Blog Entries
    Well, looking back to Roswell what do we think Mac Brazel should have done different?

Excluded contacts with the military?

Direct contact with media?

Opened a circus and charged admission? That will be $5 Mr General.
    Attachment 1008

Hindsight certainly makes it easier to think of other avenues. Putting myself in his position, at that time in history. The Sheriff is the first thought.

Now, I think taking it to an independant lab for analysis would be first. Right after I made sure I had enough material hidden away in a safe place. Maybe even try and clean up as much as possible. I would not tell anyone what I found until I got the answers from the lab. I would hope they would be honest about what was determined about the material submitted.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    If an ET Craft were to crash in the front yard of a house you own, would you have the right to claim ownership?

What if you wanted to deny government access to the vehicle?
    What if you wanted to list wreckage pieces on eBay?
    Could the PTB stop you?
    Could YOU stop the PTB from hauling it away?
    Not sure about this but I think if that happened, you go to jail.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extr...l_Exposure_Law

If an ET Craft were to crash in the front yard of a house you own, would you have the right to claim ownership?

What if you wanted to deny government access to the vehicle?
    What if you wanted to list wreckage pieces on eBay?
    Could the PTB stop you?
    Could YOU stop the PTB from hauling it away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    Not sure about this but I think if that happened, you go to jail.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extr...l_Exposure_Law
    Wansen,

You're making reference to (paraphrased version): Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations, passed into law on July 16, 1969. Anyone in contact with an extraterrestrial and or UFO is jailed. NASA can enforce quarantine that a court order cannot break.

Supposedly, in early 1990s - maybe 1992 that law was rescinded. From what I heard, jokes in both US Houses were made in the process of rescinding it. An interesting consideration, 1950s a experiment was done with subliminal message at a theater. People were outraged. Legislation was introduced to prohibit subliminal messages. People assume legislation passed, but it did not. This could be similar, people assume it was rescinded and it was not. Congress must vote, then Senate, followed by signature of sitting President. It could've passed both Houses and President failed to sign it. Or alterations were made the process, changing wording and back to Congress who votes under the radar then back to Senate and onward to the President. They can make following legislation complex and confusing to follow as it bounces around.

*It is rare that laws are rescinded. At the time, John Lear and others were drawing attention to UFOs. Richard Hoagland had books and videos regarding The Face and other oddities on Mars.

I suspect rescinding Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations was an effort to deflect reference to it. Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations could be resurrected without much effort, depending on excuses and reasoning for doing it.

If it was rescinded, I suspect another law has replaced it. A law that is buried through an amendment to unrelated legislation, and or was passed under the radar of the general population.

I am not able to answer this question: What other nations have similar laws in place?
    Last edited by CasperParks; 09-06-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Wansen,

You're making reference to (paraphrased version): Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations, passed into law on July 16, 1969. Anyone in contact with an extraterrestrial and or UFO is jailed. NASA can enforce quarantine that a court order cannot break.

Supposedly, in early 1990s - maybe 1992 that law was rescinded. From what I heard, jokes in both US Houses were made in the process of rescinding it. An interesting consideration, 1950s a experiment was done with subliminal message at a theater. People were outraged. Legislation was introduced to prohibit subliminal messages. People assume legislation passed, but it did not. This could be similar, people assume it was rescinded and it was not. Congress must vote, then Senate, followed by signature of sitting President. It could've passed both Houses and President failed to sign it. Or alterations were made the process, changing wording and back to Congress who votes under the radar then back to Senate and onward to the President. They can make following legislation complex and confusing to follow as it bounces around.

*It is rare that laws are rescinded. At the time, John Lear and others were drawing attention to UFOs. Richard Hoagland had books and videos regarding The Face and other oddities on Mars.

I suspect rescinding Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations was an effort to deflect reference to it. Title 14, Section 1211 Code of Federal Regulations could be resurrected without much effort, depending on excuses and reasoning for doing it.

If it was rescinded, I suspect another law has replaced it. A law that is buried through an amendment to unrelated legislation, and or was passed under the radar of the general population.

I am not able to answer this question: Do other nations have similar laws in place?
    Very interesting indeed! I thank you for the updated information; the depth of knowledge of many of the members here is most impressive. I look forward to learning more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Wansen,

I am not able to answer this question: What other nations have similar laws in place?
    I'm trying to recall the shuttle explosion over Texas (tragedy). Seems they quoted some law preventing anyone from taking ownership of pieces. Can't sell on Ebay, must return to NASA. Space debris law? Hmmm, have to Google it, see if it applies.
    Attachment 1008

I'm trying to recall the shuttle explosion over Texas (tragedy). Seems they quoted some law preventing anyone from taking ownership of pieces. Can't sell on Ebay, must return to NASA. Space debris law? Hmmm, have to Google it, see if it applies.
    Well, with the shuttle they can clearly argue that it's government property. Also having people messing with the debris would likely hinder investigation into the cause. It's probably similar in any aviation crash I would imagine that if you took pieces of the wreckage then that would be illegal.