Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roswell - The investigation

Blog Entries

Roswell - The investigation

Actual reports of an UFO crash site by a multitude of witnesses reported debris fields, alien bodies, request for hermitically sealed coffins, alien autopsies, I-beams with hieroglyphic embossed characters, foil that could not be crumpled, death threats by the military, and allegations of a cover-up.

What really happened in the summer of 1947?
    Last edited by calikid; 12-02-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: grammer/spell corrections
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I saw an episode of UFO Hunters last night and it featured Earl Fulford - a man who was stationed at Roswell Army Air Field at that time in history. I had the pleasure to speak to Mr. Fulford a few years ago. The conversation went on for several hours and Earl granted me the very great pleasure and privilege of interviewing him concerning his involvement in the clean up of the debris field located on Max Brazell's ranch.

Earl passed on from this world a few months after that interview so it made that opportunity to get to know him even that much more special. His experience unquestionably supported the crashed UFO story and his observation of the events corroborated the stories as told by others over the years.

It was neither a weather balloon nor a crash test dummy nor a bunch of genetically or surgically deformed Russians as was claimed most recently. What it was is exactly what was first declared in the press release the following day - a crashed UFO.

And perhaps even more compelling is the corresponding crash that occurred on the Plains of St. Augustin at that very same time.

Blog Entries
    I took this picture at the Roswell Festival in 2008

Earl Fulford, Don Schmitt, Stanton Friedman
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Has there been anymore info on the Gen. Ramey memo? Last I saw was a digital blow up and a possible translation of what it contained. Don't know if new tech has allowed further study or translation.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Blog Entries
    Said Ivo..
    "What it was is exactly what was first declared in the press release the following day - a crashed UFO."

This assertion has never been proven wrong. It was what it was. And UFOlogy, the science we all love, was born that day.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Still Not Convinced

The Roswell Incident has become a kind of litmus test for the UFO True Believer. However, the 'evidence' consists largely of very questionable eye witness testimony, a lot of which has been thoroughly debunked over the years. The fact that 'witnesses' keep popping up like fungus after a hard rain doesn't add to their credibility in the least. There is no doubt that eye witness testimony can be remarkably in error--note the many wrongly convicted souls finally set free after DNA tests exonerated them. Human memory is very subject to change over time, and is greatly influenced by the subject's awareness and mental state at the time of any incident. Human memory is remarkably fallable.

The fact that the USAAF jumped the gun and called it a UFO crash was the real beginning of the whole affair. The subsequent fact that the answering authorities gave a series of rather unlikely explanations for the event didn't help either. The resulting situation in a mess of conflicting reports and weird witness statements.

Certainly, it could be the crash of an extraterrestrial vehicle, and there could have been bodies/casualties within or without, and the governmental authorities could have somehow cleaned the area of any physical evidence and carted away said evidence. Just like fundamentalist religious zealots, people will believe what they really want to believe, and what people want to believe is what will make them feel better or more secure or what will validate their own beliefs, etc. In my experience there is a disturbing similarity between people who will insist that the world is 6,000 years old, and those who believe in many of the UFO sightings/cases. The Roswell Incident notwithstanding. Billy Meier, etc. standing.

The validation process is remarkably simple; produce the craft, or it's wreckage; produce the aliens, or their bodies or parts or cadavers.

It would pretty much be case closed [not quoting the title of a book on the subject].

However, this evidence is controlled by unseen dark forces who want world domination or control, or who are keeping secrets for any hundreds of reasons, and who may be or who may not be instructed by the government or governments of some country or international cabal or shadowy group of powerful people or forces...

One can build an entire world view from just this one case...amazing and disturbing, and that has been done many times.

Unlike a lot of TBs, I have no emotional ties to my opinion. I may change it over time or not. If there develops scientific proof that Roswell was indeed the scene of a crashed/downed alien vehicle/vehicles, then my reaction would be, "OK; where do we go from here?"

Until then, however, I reserve my right to remain pretty sceptical about this case and many others.
    Fire, language, and the I IV V chord progression--the foundations of civilization.

I too was very sceptical at first. The story of the crash and recovery is feasible, but all the Conspiracy theories turn me off. My tipping point came with reading Col Corso's book, 'Day After Roswell!' That interested me enough to do further reading and research. I believe the core story of a ET craft crashing and being recovered by the Military. I believe they have gone to extraordinary measures to cover it up. Then when Paul Hellyer, former Canadian Defense Minister, came forward, I was completely convinced it really happened. I read that after Paul Hellyer read 'Day After Roswell', he called a retired American General that he knew very well and asked if Roswell was true? The answer he got was, "Yes!" The General told him it is all true and much more so that we will ever know.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Quote Originally Posted by nullreality View Post
    The Roswell Incident has become a kind of litmus test for the UFO True Believer. However, the 'evidence' consists largely of very questionable eye witness testimony, a lot of which has been thoroughly debunked over the years. The fact that 'witnesses' keep popping up like fungus after a hard rain doesn't add to their credibility in the least. There is no doubt that eye witness testimony can be remarkably in error--note the many wrongly convicted souls finally set free after DNA tests exonerated them. Human memory is very subject to change over time, and is greatly influenced by the subject's awareness and mental state at the time of any incident. Human memory is remarkably fallable.

The fact that the USAAF jumped the gun and called it a UFO crash was the real beginning of the whole affair. The subsequent fact that the answering authorities gave a series of rather unlikely explanations for the event didn't help either. The resulting situation in a mess of conflicting reports and weird witness statements.

Certainly, it could be the crash of an extraterrestrial vehicle, and there could have been bodies/casualties within or without, and the governmental authorities could have somehow cleaned the area of any physical evidence and carted away said evidence. Just like fundamentalist religious zealots, people will believe what they really want to believe, and what people want to believe is what will make them feel better or more secure or what will validate their own beliefs, etc. In my experience there is a disturbing similarity between people who will insist that the world is 6,000 years old, and those who believe in many of the UFO sightings/cases. The Roswell Incident notwithstanding. Billy Meier, etc. standing.

The validation process is remarkably simple; produce the craft, or it's wreckage; produce the aliens, or their bodies or parts or cadavers.

It would pretty much be case closed [not quoting the title of a book on the subject].

However, this evidence is controlled by unseen dark forces who want world domination or control, or who are keeping secrets for any hundreds of reasons, and who may be or who may not be instructed by the government or governments of some country or international cabal or shadowy group of powerful people or forces...

One can build an entire world view from just this one case...amazing and disturbing, and that has been done many times.

Unlike a lot of TBs, I have no emotional ties to my opinion. I may change it over time or not. If there develops scientific proof that Roswell was indeed the scene of a crashed/downed alien vehicle/vehicles, then my reaction would be, "OK; where do we go from here?"

Until then, however, I reserve my right to remain pretty sceptical about this case and many others.
    While I can appreciate your opinion and your enthusiasm regarding your opinion it would be helpful if you would tell us about the evidence you believe that debunks the Roswell case.

Backwards Logic

Presenting evidence either for or against the alledged Roswell event is an exercise in futility. The burden of proof is on those who claim that some kind of extraordinary event occured around Roswell in 1947. I am not a True Believer of anything...including the theory that some UFOs are extraterrestrial visitors. I lived in Roswell for quite some time in the 1970s...in fact my son was born there. Back then there simply wasn't the hoopla that surrounds that case nowadays. It wasn't until Stanton Friedman interviewed Major Marcel in 1978 that the real buzz began, so where was the evidence and where were the witnesses before then? The whole episode was a non-event.

Since then witnesses have appeared like fungus after a hard rain. However, I reiterate that eye witness testimony is notoriously unreliable and just becomes more unreliable over time. Memories do fade and change over time. If there had been a huge government recovery operation at the time in 1947, there would have been stories and news about it then[1947] instead of over 30 years later. Something did occur near Roswell in 1947, but I don't think it was the crash/downing of an extraterrestrial craft[s].

I am not challenging the belief and sincerity if all of the witnesses, but a strong belief and/or sincerity does not equal truth or proof.

If you claim to have a 1956 Chevy Belair convertable in original, cherry condition in your garage, and you subsequently show me the bill of sale and the registration papers as 'proof', I don't think it's a bit unreasonable of me to ask to see the vehicle in question.

In addition, any claims that are as out of the ordinary as the Roswell UFO claim demand proof from the claimants, not evidence to the contrary from those that remain skeptical. I don't believe that any kind of 'monster' exists in Locke Ness, but I don't have to prove the non-existence of said monster. It's entirely up to the claimants to prove that the creature exists. They can do this quite simply by providing the creature.

I'm not debunking the Roswell incident; just indicating my hesitation to believe that the incident involved any extraterrestrial craft of any kind or any secret government cover-up, etc. It did involve the usual government bungling and bullocks, and the birth of the greatest UFO legend of all time in 1978, not 1947. I will not be shocked and dismayed if the craft or creatures are indeed produced; on the contrary, I would be keenly interested and gratified at such a remarkable vent, and would look forward to more revelations.

Until then, however, I will not be waiting with bated breath.
    Fire, language, and the I IV V chord progression--the foundations of civilization.

Blog Entries
    Move along, nothing to see here.

Roswell-Headlines.jpg
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk