Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roswell - The investigation

I guess I'm missing your point, vis-a-vis the link to the headlines from the Roswell Daily Record. Spectactular newspaper headlines, especially taken from only a very particular span of time, do not equal the truth; ie "Dewey Defeats Truman". Here is a headline form the Roswell Morning Dispatch from July 9, 1947:
    "Army Debunks Roswell Flying Disk". So which set of headlines represent the truth? That is currently a very hot topic.

I say this in all elegant simplicity, "Just show me the craft or the bodies." Neither has been forthcoming.

Certainly, there could be recovered extraterrestrial craft and their occupants in some governments' secret control. The possiblity does indeed exist. However, it is extremely odd to me that not one of the potential hundreds [thousands?] of folks who have DIRECT knowledge of these alien craft or alien personnel has come forward with physical and reasonalbly undisputable evidence, or a massive document exposure...Wikileaks anyone?

I spent 13 1/2 months in Vietnam with the Air Cav [3rd Squadron, 17th Air Cav, 1st Aviation Brigade] and witnessed acts of extreme courage. I just wonder, where are the heroes of the UFO revealers? If only a half dozen folks got together and defied the government, and came forth with a huge document dump revealing that extraterrestrial craft and beings have been in government control for some length of time, the lid would be blown completely off any cover-up.

Nothing like that has happened. Instead we get a dribble of documents, some obvious fakes and others very dubious, from some varied individuals, many of whom have very questionable credentials. Many have been viciously debunked, even by other revealers! In addition, a lot of the revealers do not give any real names and positions/ranks for their sources, claiming that their sources would face imprisonment[ or worse ] if they came out publicly. I say nonsense; as long as a reputable group of revealers came out with a very large base of verifiable documents. The very act of such an astounding revelation would insure that they would not be punished by the government authorities, as could be done with a brave single individual, who would face severe punishment as well as a vicious disinformation attack. No such group has made an appearance. No such massive dump has occurred.

My own opinion[at this time]is that there are some spectacular 'aircraft' in existence, but they are from our very own industrial-military complex, and not any extraterrestrials. This is a far more reasonable position as to why no astounding revealtions have come forth. The people involved have indeed signed secrecy documents, but these documents are all about corporate patents and national defense, not about a vast government conspiracy. Patriotic folks will want to keep these things secret for national security reasons and understand, at least somewhat, the rationale involved. They also do not want to be sued by any major defense contractor/corporation in a civil suit, as that would probably bankrupt even a very wealthy person. So the secrecy remains pretty much intact.

That's where I stand now, subject to change as future events warrant.
    Fire, language, and the I IV V chord progression--the foundations of civilization.

Blog Entries
    I understand your reticence. Everything about this field is highly strange. But this..
    My own opinion[at this time]is that there are some spectacular 'aircraft' in existence, but they are from our very own industrial-military complex, and not any extraterrestrials.
    ..assumes that that technology existed as early the 40s as well. Otherwise how do we account for the Twining Memo? How do we account for the Washington flap of 1952? How do we account for the 1953 recommendations of Robertson? Are the thousands upon thousands of sightings and encounters in the last 65 years all products of mistaken identity or the products of delusional minds? Or secret high tech? If the IC can protect such MIC technological secrets why would you assume that there are less able to protect the secrets of alien presence?? You can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by noot; 12-30-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post

Are the thousands upon thousands of sightings and encounters in the last 65 years all products of mistaken identity or the products of delusional minds? Or secret high tech? If the IC can protect such MIC technological secrets why would they be less able to protect the secrets of UFOlogy? You can't have it both ways.
    You don't have to be delusional to misinterpret what you see. If you've never seen a Chinese lantern or ball lightning before, or perhaps a weather balloon reflecting light from the sun, it's not so strange if people think it may be an alien craft. The delusional ones are those who simply refuse to accept logical explanations for their sighting, even dismissing proof that what they saw was a natural phenomena or a man made object, and instead goes into a rage and accuse people who try to educate them a bit of being shills and gubbmint agents. Some of those people end up at forums like this, clinging desperately to their "ET religion"...

And regarding technological secrets, well, most of them come to light in a decade of two... Keeping recovered alien techology a secret for 65 years, no way. Someone, somewhere, would have talked and offered hard proof to the public by now.

DC Flap 1952

This incident is pretty interesting, as we have radar operators at more than one facility, several pilots, some in fighter pursuit aircraft, and ground personnel and citizens all reporting the essentially the same things. In my opinion it has never been reasonably explained away.

However, the fact that there isn't as yet a worthy explanation does not reasonably bring one to the conclusion that it had to be a result of extraterrestrial airborne activity of some kind. The Air Force did have experimental, high speed aircraft in development in the early fifties, and perhaps some other secret and interesting technology as well. I only offer this as an alternative to the alien saucer story, which may be true, but is yet again an example of accepting a rather startling conclusion instead of a more mundane one. It should also be noted that the newly-hatched CIA was doing a lot of things that were secret, even from very high-ranking government and military officials. I think that they, the NSA, NRO and other acronym bureaus, are still up to this. Eisenhower gave us a warning about these guys in his 'military-industrial' speech.

I have no idea what took place on those two weekends in DC in 1952, but the case is a very well-documented and interesting one.
    Fire, language, and the I IV V chord progression--the foundations of civilization.

Blog Entries

General Striker advises...

"Consider everything; believe nothing."
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk