Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Suzanne Gordon: The Near Death Experience.

Thanks, Doc, for adding this! Amazing. My mother also returned 'on her own,' after being pronounced dead, when I was 10 years old. (She'd 'bled out' during a presumed miscarriage--which turned out to have been a tumor--and died on the operating table.) Her explanation: "I wasn't coming back--(then she must have caught my stunned expression, because she amended the statement)--I mean, I didn't want to come back. But I heard you kids calling me." It was so stunning to me to hear, decades later, during my dissertation study, that statement echoed in many different versions by every woman in my study who had small children at the time of her NDE!

NDEs and AEs

I was interested to see the link from Jeffrey Pritchett on TOP's Facebook page to a piece about UFO/alien encounter experiences which include the frequently-reported NDE phenomenon of seeing deceased relatives. Here it is, for those who haven't seen it:
    http://thetrickstersmiddlefinger.com...by-contactees/

Hello spinningshields,

are you familiar with the work of Dr.Rick Strassman, where he delves into dimethyltryptamine and it's relation to NDE's?

NDE's are a fascinating subject. I have been totally intriqued with the other side since my dead fathers visit to my bedside 10 years ago. I often wonder how much interaction is allowed between the departed and the living. Which is why I'm also interested in hauntings or earth bound spirits. There is so much we do not know.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

I'm hoping Dr. Suzanne will have enough extra time to keep us up to date with the research into NDEs and related topics. Everyone is welcome to share their own experiences, of course. My dear friend from college has a fascinating story about her brother, who died very young. I am trying to contact her to get the details straight after all this time or get her to come tell the story herself. Short version: During the difficult time of her brother's passing, Jesus Christ came to her, a young Jewish girl, and helped her help her brother. The first time she told me the story I was literally speechless.

@Rick: Yes, it's very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm hoping Dr. Suzanne will have enough extra time to keep us up to date with the research into NDEs and related topics. Everyone is welcome to share their own experiences, of course. My dear friend from college has a fascinating story about her brother, who died very young. I am trying to contact her to get the details straight after all this time or get her to come tell the story herself. Short version: During the difficult time of her brother's passing, Jesus Christ came to her, a young Jewish girl, and helped her help her brother. The first time she told me the story I was literally speechless.
    Interesting!

Doc, here's a link to info on ACISTE's SF conference in October. I'll be speaking about my research. Hope we can manage to connect while I'm there! Maybe we can meet for lunch or something over that weekend.
    http://www.aciste.org/

Blog Entries
    Hello Spinningshields,

Has your research with NDE experience by any chance delved into subjects who are congenitally blind from birth that have reported their experience in a visual explanation?
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Hello Spinningshields,

Has your research with NDE experience by any chance delved into subjects who are congenitally blind from birth that have reported their experience in a visual explanation?
    Hi, atmjjc, good question! No, this was not my research focus--as an ethnographer, I was focused on how experiencers themselves interpret and express the meaning and impact of their NDEs, within the context of their day-to-day lives, and in recounting their life histories. My colleague, psychologist Kenneth Ring, did a study of blind-from-birth NDE experiencers (who did, in fact, describe visual phenomena during their NDEs), titled, Mindsight: Near-Death and Out-of-Body Experiences in the Blind.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon that lets you search inside the book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mindsight-Near.../dp/0595434975