Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Military News

That shoot down happened 35 years ago. I was a crazy and wild 20 something then and was planning the 'wedding-of-the-century', my own. I'll never forget the horror of getting the news about that airliner. A few short years prior to that, back in college, I had a close female Persian friend who was a doctoral student in geology. She was a riot! A real partier, just like the rest of us in our group. We had so much fun together, cruising the bars in town on the weekends. But then she returned back to Iran and I haven't heard from her since. So many drastic changes there, ya know?

Anyway, I thought of her when that plane went down. Everyone on it was a 'Nadia' to me. I felt devastated when it happened.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Banned
    This is one of the best documentary's I've seen about the leadership in North Korea...

Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 08-18-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Now this is really SCARY . . .

U.S. military invests in ‘doomsday genetics’ technology

By Mac Slavo | SHTF Plan - December 4, 2017

Amid United Nations fears that genetic extinction technology could be used by militaries, a United States military agency has invested $100 million in the doomsday biological technology that can wipe out an entire species.

Scientists now have the knowledge and the tools they need to create and deliver Doomsday genes which can selectively target and exterminate an entire species. And to make matters worse, emails released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), suggest that the United States’s uber-secretive Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has become the world’s largest funder of this “gene drive” research and will heighten international tensions further ahead of a UN expert committee meeting in Montreal beginning on Tuesday.

The UN is debating a ban on this technology as several southern countries fear the application of using extinction technology. The use of genetic extinction technologies in bioweapons is the stuff of nightmares, but so far, known research is focused entirely on pest control and the elimination of diseases. The key word there being “known.”

UN diplomats confirmed that the new email release would worsen the “bad name” of gene drives in some circles. “Many countries [will] have concerns when this technology comes from DARPA, a US military science agency,” one said. “You may be able to remove viruses or the entire mosquito population, but that may also have downstream ecological effects on species that depend on them. My main worry,” he added, “is that we do something irreversible to the environment, despite our good intentions, before we fully appreciate the way that this technology will work.”

Jim Thomas, a co-director of the ETC group which obtained the emails, said the US military’s influence in furthering this technology would strengthen the case for a moratorium. “The dual-use nature of altering and eradicating entire populations is as much a threat to peace and food security as it is a threat to ecosystems,” he said. “Militarization of gene drive funding may even contravene the Enmod convention against hostile uses of environmental modification technologies.”

More at link below . . .

https://www.intellihub.com/u-s-milit...cs-technology/

Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    Now this is really SCARY . . .

U.S. military invests in ‘doomsday genetics’ technology

By Mac Slavo | SHTF Plan - December 4, 2017

Amid United Nations fears that genetic extinction technology could be used by militaries, a United States military agency has invested $100 million in the doomsday biological technology that can wipe out an entire species.

Scientists now have the knowledge and the tools they need to create and deliver Doomsday genes which can selectively target and exterminate an entire species. And to make matters worse, emails released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), suggest that the United States’s uber-secretive Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has become the world’s largest funder of this “gene drive” research and will heighten international tensions further ahead of a UN expert committee meeting in Montreal beginning on Tuesday.

The UN is debating a ban on this technology as several southern countries fear the application of using extinction technology. The use of genetic extinction technologies in bioweapons is the stuff of nightmares, but so far, known research is focused entirely on pest control and the elimination of diseases. The key word there being “known.”

UN diplomats confirmed that the new email release would worsen the “bad name” of gene drives in some circles. “Many countries [will] have concerns when this technology comes from DARPA, a US military science agency,” one said. “You may be able to remove viruses or the entire mosquito population, but that may also have downstream ecological effects on species that depend on them. My main worry,” he added, “is that we do something irreversible to the environment, despite our good intentions, before we fully appreciate the way that this technology will work.”

Jim Thomas, a co-director of the ETC group which obtained the emails, said the US military’s influence in furthering this technology would strengthen the case for a moratorium. “The dual-use nature of altering and eradicating entire populations is as much a threat to peace and food security as it is a threat to ecosystems,” he said. “Militarization of gene drive funding may even contravene the Enmod convention against hostile uses of environmental modification technologies.”

More at link below . . .

https://www.intellihub.com/u-s-milit...cs-technology/
    I think it was the series Killjoys or Dark Matter on SyFy that had DNA / Gene bomb that killed only people within certain families and or those of a targeted nationality. Leaning toward it was Killjoys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I think it was the series Killjoys or Dark Matter on SyFy that had DNA / Gene bomb that killed only people within certain families and or those of a targeted nationality. Leaning toward it was Killjoys.
    Probably both series used that plot device.
    I recall ST:TNG used it as well, back in the 1989 S3E09 episode "The Vengeance Factor".
    The Gatherer's body is later found but initially assumed that death was by natural causes. However, later investigation by Dr. Crusher reveals that a fast-acting "micro-virus", targeted to attack a specific Acamarian DNA profile, was the cause. Dr. Crusher believes the virus was purposely genetically engineered, and that the death was a targeted murder
    Yesterdays SciFi, becomes today's SciFact.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

there is no way I can prove this and I wounder why I even mention it. For me it's just a cool reminder of where we think things are and where they probably are.

Here's the deal. When I was but a lad I had the opportunity to sit in on conversations that I had no say in taking part though for what ever reason I've physically been present when extraordinary things were discussed.

In the spring of 1971 I was present when a man ( can't remember his name and even if I did I wouldn't use it ) spoke of his dissertation which entailed the use of BIO weapons that targeted people with specific regional genetic markers. It wasn't just theory form what he was saying, it was a deployable weapon. Maybe he was putting on a 17 year old. But I didn't get that impression at the time, It was just too twisted and intricate to be a joke.

United States Space Force

Space Force was signed into law Dec. 20, 2019 as part of the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act. SpaceForce.mil went live shortly thereafter.
    On June 18, 2018, President Donald Trump directed the Pentagon to begin planning for a Space Force: a 6th independent military service branch to undertake missions and operations in the rapidly evolving space domain. The U.S. Space Force would be the first new military service in more than 70 years, following the establishment of the U.S. Air Force in 1947.

read more:
    https://www.military.com/space-force

24 Jan 2020
    Military.com | By Oriana Pawlyk

The U.S. Space Force seal has arrived.
    A month after the newest military branch was formally signed into existence, President Donald Trump unveiled its official seal in a tweet.

"After consultation with our Great Military Leaders, designers, and others, I am pleased to present the new logo for the United States Space Force, the Sixth Branch of our Magnificent Military!" Trump tweeted Friday alongside a picture of the seal.
    The seal includes the words "Department of the Air Force," making clear that Space Force falls under the service, just as the Marine Corps falls under the Navy.
    Twitter users were quick to point out that the insignia was highly reminiscent of the "Star Trek" Starfleet Command logo, which could be subject to copyright. However, others pointed out the seal also looks very much like the now-defunct Air Force Space Command patch.
    In a statement provided to Military.com Friday evening, a U.S. Space Force spokesperson offered more insight into how the design came about.
    “The creation of the U.S. Space Force seal pays tribute to the newest Armed Service that organizes, trains, and equips space forces in order to protect U.S. and allied interests in space and to provide space capabilities to the joint force. The U.S. Space Force seal honors the Department of the Air Force’s proud history and long-standing record of providing the best space capabilities in the world," the official said.
    The central element, which reminded many of Star Trek, has a long history in the Air Force, according to the statement.

read more:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...l-twitter.html

U.S. Space Force says its new seal is not a Starfleet knockoff
    by Sandra Erwin
    January 25, 2020

The image of the U.S. Space Force seal drew instant mockery on Twitter because of its striking resemblance to Star Trek’s emblem for the fictional Starfleet space force organization.

af_space_command_emb_n11356.gif

Several commenters with military backgrounds pointed out the that the U.S. Space Force seal, with the use of the delta symbol, appears to be inspired by the real-life space organization U.S. Air Force Space Command, and that it’s likely the creators of Starfleet drew inspiration from AFSPC, not the other way around.

read more:
    http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/n...ostreply&t=604

No putting this back in the bottle . . . if its out!

Unbelievable New Mini Weapons – 1897b
    Nov 20, 2017

Last edited by epo333; 02-10-2020 at 12:53 AM.