Thread: Camera malfunction or what?

Camera malfunction or what?

I hope it's acceptable to post a picture here - I took this with my Blackberry on a walk along a hiking trail over the weekend. It was supposed to be of some beautiful foliage, but as I looked through the viewfinder, I saw odd points of bright light, so I looked away, but pressed the shutter anyway as my companion called my attention to something else she was admiring. I sounds bit nuts, I'm sure, I find but the resulting picture intriguing, & before I delete it I'd really appreciate someone's opinion - could it be something paranormal? Agent 99?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your interesting picture might get more people looking at it in the Image Processing Center section of the forum. I will move the thread for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Your interesting picture might get more people looking at it in the Image Processing Center section of the forum. I will move the thread for you.
    Thank you, Doc! I didn't think it warranted being in this section. . .

Unfortunately, there isn't any EXIF or Meta data to analyze.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Unfortunately, there isn't any EXIF or Meta data to analyze.

M
    I'm afariad I'm not clued up enough to udnerstand these terms, what must I do to "show" this? I have lost the cable that connects the pc to the Blackberry, so I sent this pic to my Facebook page, & took it off there. Is this the problem? I also cropped off bits that I found interesting & darkened & contrasted the colour, purely by fiddling & experimenting, & came up with this, which to me looks like either a little dog,rat or maybe a little demon!? Or is it "just the pixels", as a friend of mine says? I suppose it's just frivolous, but I'd love to know!

what.jpg

Hi Kleemkrishnaya,

Here are some links that may be helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchang...ge_file_format

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metadata

This is the data that lets one know the camera, the settings and if the image has been modified (which lets you know if the image is original or not). I hope this is helpful.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...