Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EcoAlert: GLACIERS Are Growing LARGER Again in the

I pretty sure the majority of glaciers are in fact retreating there are always going to be some to buck the trend.

This seems like a comprehensive study...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retreat...ers_since_1850

Hi Whoknows. Weather prediction has improved drastically in the last 20yrs. Now they can semi-reliably predict the weather for 5 days in advance. They use supercomputers to do it and the same algorithms help calculate models for global climate change.

Hey Longeyes. I do agree to an extent, that weather predictions have indeed improved but there are still limits. A good example of this is if your watch the variation in predictions for the tracks of hurricanes or any low-pressure system. And I do agree that we have great help in predicting climate change but I see it more as a bio sphere, though they are connected the system is more dynamic than just weather or climate.

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    Hey Longeyes. I do agree to an extent, that weather predictions have indeed improved but there are still limits. A good example of this is if your watch the variation in predictions for the tracks of hurricanes or any low-pressure system. And I do agree that we have great help in predicting climate change but I see it more as a bio sphere, though they are connected the system is more dynamic than just weather or climate.
    Agreed weather systems are subject to so many variables they are incredibly hard to predict at all. The amount of processing power the programs use it immense. Whole super computers are dedicated to it.