Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fukishima - Forty million Japanese in 'extreme danger', possible evacuation

Fukishima - Forty million Japanese in 'extreme danger', possible evacuation

It's unfathomable but they are discussing Tokyo being in the evacuation area. I can't imagine a city of that size ad sophistication being abandoned.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Japanese officials are currently engaging in talks with Russian diplomats about where tens of millions of Japanese refugees might relocate in the very-likely event that the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility's Reactor 4 completely collapses. According to a recent report by EUTimes.net, Japanese authorities have indicated that as many as 40 million Japanese people are in "extreme danger" of radiation poisoning, and many eastern cities, including Tokyo, may have to be evacuated in the next few weeks or months to avoid extreme radiation poisoning.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035894_Fu...#ixzz1vATjeM1W

And what does that mean to Alaska and the west coast of the US? I have read that some flight attendants and polar bears are experiencing skin lesions and hair loss. The cause is yet to be determined.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035884_fl...poisoning.html

I should add that there is a good deal of debate as to the affect the reactor will have on Japan and the ocean, but there is a lot of waste coming toward the US and it needs to be studied and understood quickly and the reactor needs to be contained post haste. We can all argue after it is safe.
    Last edited by southerncross; 05-17-2012 at 11:34 PM.

I agree, fix it before more destruction occurs. Also, why are they looking to Russia to help them? I can't imagine it's because of cultural similarities.

Is it crazy to think that blasting all this nuclear waste into space might be a good idea? It sure isn't doing us any good right here on the ground and once we get it all sailing into the sun, we can actually stop producing it all together.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

I think the Japanese would be a wonderful addition to this nation. They have qualities we have put aside and forgotten.
    I'd love to see them here. Though it would be a terrible tragedy to see a large part of the island abandoned for a long time.

If they'd switch to Thorium, it would be far safer.

Thanks for the article southerncross. I believe the reason the people of Japan wont be coming here is because if reactor 4 does collapse, the radiation will most likely head towards the U.S.. One of the resources I depend on and trust pertaining to this issue is Chief Nuclear Engineer for Fairewinds Association Arnie Gunderson.
    Amateur Astronomer/38 years - Cliff-67

Thanks so much, I'll check them out..

Please post any news on the topic. The MSM has dropped it altogether it seems.

Cyclops shark Sea of Cortez, Mexico - genetic mutation due to Fukushima radiation...

fuka1.jpg

Think there maybe a media black out of the genetic mutations going on in Japan. I would expect they are starting to get human anomalies by now.

Here is some from Chernobyl (Mutations).

BABY%u00252BVICTIM%2BDU.jpg

chernobyl3.jpg

deformed-children-uranium-kills-kids-girls-boys-deform.jpg

Just sad...
    Last edited by epo333; 08-02-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Hello everyone. I see you have a thread on the Fukushima problem. You are right it seems that mainstream media has dropped any effort to make the world more aware of what is transpiring in Japan. My goodness, this is having a bad affect on the whole world and can definitely get worse. And it has gotten worse. This has an affect as much as radiation from a nuclear conflict only slower. Touched is correct. Arnie Gunderson is a good source of information. Since this is a subject of much interest to me, I thought I might jump in and participate. I'm glad that epo333 has shown those pictures. People in the general public have no clue about the truth. TEPCO and the Japanese government have covered up. The American government has covered up the effects on the West coast and even the East coast of the USA. I recently saw an article of a sailor who said that in his voyage across the Pacific that he saw very little marine life activity. Canada recently put out the information that their fleets who fish for sardines come back with no loads at all. My goodness, this is affecting the food chain also. This is the domino theory, only it is not a theory....it's a fact. I understand by more recent news that that the Japanese had taken down a natural Tsunami barrier originally to put the power plant there. Hey it not nice to mess with mother nature! Southerncross mentioned Thorium. I had a whole thread elsewhere on thorium. It is a good alternative. (wish I had saved that thread now since the forum is gone). Thorium can consume our nuclear waste and still make energy and thorium is found in abundance. I also heard of another idea how to take care of the problem at Fukushima but really don't agree with it but at least some people out there are coming up with ideas.

Now I don't advocate this but....it was said vaporize it! How do they do that you might ask? Explode a nuclear bomb on Fukushima! The problem I see with that is that now you have made more fallout that will float on the Jetstream and over the rest of the world in the atmosphere. Entomb it like the Russians did Chernobyl? Possible but you still have to go back and keep this going because concrete and whatever else is used will decay. Where have the coriums gone. Have they melted through all the structures and are now into the earth? Even the Japanese cannot tell us or won't tell us. So many questions, so few answers and even fewer no about the problem or have stuck their heads in the sand hoping it would go away. This problem is worse than any problem we have ever had and the governments and the people are asleep....
    A fantastic journey begins with curiosity

Fukushima - A Global Threat That Requires a Global Response
    Wednesday, 23 October 2013 09:26
    By Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers , Truthout | News Analysis

The story of Fukushima should be on the front pages of every newspaper. Instead, it is rarely mentioned. The problems at Fukushima are unprecedented in human experience and involve a high risk of radiation events larger than any that the global community has ever experienced. It is going to take the best engineering minds in the world to solve these problems and to diminish their global impact.

When we researched the realities of Fukushima in preparation for this article, words like apocalyptic, cataclysmic and Earth-threatening came to mind. But, when we say such things, people react as if we were the little red hen screaming "the sky is falling" and the reports are ignored. So, we’re going to present what is known in this article and you can decide whether we are facing a potentially cataclysmic event.

(snip)

The Problems of Fukushima

There are three major problems at Fukushima: (1) Three reactor cores are missing; (2) Radiated water has been leaking from the plant in mass quantities for 2.5 years; and (3) Eleven thousand spent nuclear fuel rods, perhaps the most dangerous things ever created by humans, are stored at the plant and need to be removed, 1,533 of those are in a very precarious and dangerous position.

(snip)

The biggest and most immediate challenge is the 1,533 spent fuel rods packed tightly in a pool four floors above Reactor 4. Before the storm hit, those rods had been removed for routine maintenance of the reactor. But, now they are stored 100 feet in the air in damaged racks. They weigh a total of 400 tons and contain radiation equivalent to 14,000 times the amount released by the Hiroshima atomic bomb.

(snip)

How dangerous are these fuel rods? Harvey Wasserman explains that the fuel rods are clad in zirconium which can ignite if they lose coolant. They could also ignite or explode if rods break or hit each other. Wasserman reports that some say this could result in a fission explosion like an atomic bomb, others say that is not what would happen, but agree it would be "a reaction like we have never seen before, a nuclear fire releasing incredible amounts of radiation," says Wasserman.

These are not the only spent fuel rods at the plant, they are just the most precarious. There are 11,000 fuel rods scattered around the plant, 6,000 in a cooling pool less than 50 meters from the sagging Reactor 4. If a fire erupts in the spent fuel pool at Reactor 4, it could ignite the rods in the cooling pool and lead to an even greater release of radiation. It could set off a chain reaction that could not be stopped.

There is a huge amount of info (and more links) at the link below...

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/1...lobal-response

Regarding the food chain, Spacemaverick mentioned the sardines not being caught and I thought that someone needs to find out what the state of plankton is. If it dies, that's it. Everything rests on the plankton. It's like everything for us on earth rests on water. No water, no life.

Next the idea of detonating anything on Fukishima is crazy considering that fault line hasn't really concluded its shift. They could still see some size able quakes just as Banda Aceh did in and around Java 10 yrs ago. It is still moving.

I have a question though. With contaminated water reaching the west coast, how is that affecting the air quality. Have any measurements been taken ?

The planet is undergoing some very dynamic changes right now and we are surely entering in to a serious cooling trend. The sun is behaving in unexpected ways right now and the planet affected by its ejections and sunspots, or lack thereof.
    Then we go and build critical equipment capable of killing the ocean on a damn fault line they KNOW will slip dynamically. I cringe at the gross stupidity sometimes. A little common sense goes a long long way.

Regarding Plankton:
    http://environment.yale.edu/yer/arti...in-the-pacific

Now read the words closely in the article focusing on the "local legal standards"...did they raise the standard?
    Last edited by spacemaverick; 11-16-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    A fantastic journey begins with curiosity