Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Update

Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    Indeed Doc, we can only pay attention and learn from our mistakes. There is something out there and I have a feeling that we are purposely steered off course to keep us guessing. One thing to remember though, the Bible tells us that No Man or No One will know when Jesus returns... that should tell us something right there, at least anyone who takes the word seriously.
    True, the Bible reads "No man will no." Somewhere about that same portion of the Bible, doesn't it it also read "Some shall point and say, There He is, or He is coming tomorrow."

I am going to have to downlod a Bible and start looking-up quotes, so that the book of, chapter and versue are listed. (Or unpack my printed ones.)

Right, those are among the many signs that the end times are near and those signs are as close as we can get to guessing his arrival.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Maya archaeologists unearth new 2012 monument

“This text talks about ancient political history rather than prophecy,” says Marcello A. Canuto, Director of Tulane’s Middle American Research Institute and co-director of the excavations at the Maya ruins of La Corona. “This new evidence suggests that the 13 Bak’tun date was an important calendrical event that would have been celebrated by the ancient Maya; however, they make no apocalyptic prophecies whatsoever regarding the date," says Canuto.

“This was a time of great political turmoil in the Maya region and this king felt compelled to allude to a larger cycle of time that happens to end in 2012,” says Stuart. This evidence is consistent with the only other reference to the 2012 date in ancient Maya inscriptions—Monument 6 from Tortuguero, Mexico. “What this text shows us is that in times of crisis, the ancient Maya used their calendar to promote continuity and stability rather than predict apocalypse,” says Canuto.

Story
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? Al Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    True, the Bible reads "No man will no." Somewhere about that same portion of the Bible, doesn't it it also read "Some shall point and say, There He is, or He is coming tomorrow."

I am going to have to downlod a Bible and start looking-up quotes, so that the book of, chapter and versue are listed. (Or unpack my printed ones.)
    ************************************************** *******************************
    Casper just to expand on what you said, here is one of the scriptures that specifically says it:

Mark 13:31-33
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

31 Heaven and earth will perish and pass away, but My words will not perish or pass away.

32 But of that day or that hour not a [single] person knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

33 Be on your guard [constantly alert], and watch [a]and pray; for you do not know when the time will come.

As we can see, even Jesus ("the Son") himself doesn't know when the Father will tell him "Now is the time to go"!!

Matthew 24:36 says the same thing.

You mentioned "downloading a Bible" - there are several different places on the net that are real good. I will give you (and all) a link to one that I use a lot. It is excellent for looking up keywords, and verses, as well is easy to move about in the scripture. It does have a lot of different translations one can select for use. Also, one can click on a Bible book and chapter, and read, or click on audio, and listen to it. The link I am giving you is to the Amplified translation, but you can change to whatever translation you wish. (audio is only available on a few translations)

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions...ied-Bible-AMP/
    Last edited by rdunk; 06-29-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    ************************************************** *******************************
    Casper just to expand on what you said, here is one of the scriptures that specifically says it:

Mark 13:31-33
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

31 Heaven and earth will perish and pass away, but My words will not perish or pass away.

32 But of that day or that hour not a [single] person knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

33 Be on your guard [constantly alert], and watch [a]and pray; for you do not know when the time will come.

As we can see, even Jesus ("the Son") himself doesn't know when the Father will tell him "Now is the time to go"!!

Matthew 24:36 says the same thing.

You mentioned "downloading a Bible" - there are several different places on the net that are real good. I will give you (and all) a link to one that I use a lot. It is excellent for looking up keywords, and verses, as well is easy to move about in the scripture. It does have a lot of different translations one can select for use. Also, one can click on a Bible book and chapter, and read, or click on audio, and listen to it. The link I am giving you is to the Amplified translation, but you can change to whatever translation you wish. (audio is only available on a few translations)

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions...ied-Bible-AMP/
    rdunk,

Thanks for the response....

To quote the American version of SOLARIS: "There are no answers. Only choices."

The Mayan (actually pre-Flood) symbol inherited from the Olmecs for the 2012 13.0.0.0.0 point, and the Eye of the Cosmos, is an ourobouros. An ourobouros, leaving aside for the moment its association with Satan, Lucifer, the Dragon, etc. implies cycles without end. 2012 may well prove to be a time of great revolution- a combination of the 1750-1812 period and the 1848 Year of Revolutions.

I expect to see the replacement for Marxism to appear this year in its final form, gifted to another front man pawn just as communism was dictated to Karl Marx and friends by the League of Just Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Tiger Comics View Post
    To quote the American version of SOLARIS: "There are no answers. Only choices."

The Mayan (actually pre-Flood) symbol inherited from the Olmecs for the 2012 13.0.0.0.0 point, and the Eye of the Cosmos, is an ourobouros. An ourobouros, leaving aside for the moment its association with Satan, Lucifer, the Dragon, etc. implies cycles without end. 2012 may well prove to be a time of great revolution- a combination of the 1750-1812 period and the 1848 Year of Revolutions.

I expect to see the replacement for Marxism to appear this year in its final form, gifted to another front man pawn just as communism was dictated to Karl Marx and friends by the League of Just Men.
    Solaris is one of my favorite films. It always leaves me wondering about the nature of reality and choices.

On casual observation, it seems like it's more than a coincidence that a new and more ancient Mayan Calendar just 'happened' to be very recently discovered on some walls somewhere in Guatamala in... you got it, this year, 2012... the very year that the other Mayan Calendar ends that has been the subject of much discussion to the extent that it's even been embedded into our world consciousness. The production of that block-buster movie "2012" reflects the ubiquitous-ness of that prophesy but of course this 2012 Armageddon thing has been circulating in books and on the internet for a good many years now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok.... just did a google look up on this 'coincidence' and good to see that I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Here's someone else's comments on that:
    "Is this coincidence, that in the same year the world would end, just a few months before doomsday kicks in, evidence is found calling it all off? Or is it some kind of plan behind, perhaps to prevent revolts? If the researchers found new evidence backing up doomsday in 2012, would they share it with the world?
    It almost feels like an episode of 24, just seconds before a bomb goes of, Jack Bauer comes to the rescue and saves the world."
    Source: http://weirdreports.com/prophecies/doomsday-called-off/

As for my own thoughts about the Mayan Calendar and 2012 (the first one)... most here know that the calendar was actually created by the Olmec's. We don't know too much about those ancients but where did they get their information? And where did they get the know-how to build their pyramids and complex road system? Or rather, who were the 'gods' who gave them this information? Were they the same ones who built the pyramids and the Sphinx thousands of years prior to when the 'Mayans' did? Should we consider that the gods were ancient astronauts and if that be the case, does that amp up the credibility of the so-called 'Mayan Calendar'?
    And as for this new calendar showing up just in the nick of time like it did... are there outside forces at work here that are engaging in some sort of intervention strategy to inform everyone that things have changed and that the other calendar is no longer valid? But why did they wait so long to do that? It seems like some kind of a cosmic joke that those 'creators' are playing on us... coming up with another calendar that's even more ancient than the first one that negates 2012 as THE year that everything is going to end.

Last edited by A99; 08-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    Perhaps with the promise of new heavenly bodies, we will gain back and much more of what we lost so long ago.
    This sounds like some sort of new age propaganda that is used to encourage the alien agenda of turning us into a hybrid race.

What did you mean by 'new heavenly bodies'?

Quote Originally Posted by lycaeus View Post
    This sounds like some sort of new age propaganda that is used to encourage the alien agenda of turning us into a hybrid race.

What did you mean by 'new heavenly bodies'?
    Nope, not any of that new-age propaganda, here are a few verses that tell us what to expect:

1 Corinthians 15:35-58

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”
    36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
    37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
    38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.
    39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another.
    40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.
    41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
    42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;
    43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
    44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
    45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
    46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.
    47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.
    48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.
    49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.
    50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
    51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—
    52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
    53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.
    54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
    55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”
    56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
    57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Philippians 3:20-21

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
    21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Luke 24:36-39

36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
    37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.
    38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?
    39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.