Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roswell (Corona) crash

Roswell (Corona) crash

The Roswell (Corona) crash is well know and documented. It is universally accepted that the crash took place in early July (or late June) of 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_incident

The Army Air Corps made a press release on the 8th of July, 1947 concerning the crash.

Historically, 1947 is a very interesting year:

The National Security Act of 1947 (an act of Congress) was signed into law on 26th of July, 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ty_Act_of_1947

The Army Air Corps became a separate entity (the U.S. Air Force) on 18th of September 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force

The remnants of the OSS basically became the Central Intelligence Agency on 18th of September 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cia

1947 was a very interesting year indeed.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Men wore hats. It was unusual to see a man outdoors without a hat. World War II was still very much on people's minds. Men discharged from the military wore their uniforms to some social events. Men were still being introduced by their former military rank. The industrial conversion back to civilian uses meant automobiles were far easier to get and getting a new car was an event almost as significant as buying a house. Just as some of these military trends were winding down, the Korean War heated up and veterans were called back to active duty, which prolonged the military minded culture into the middle 1950s. Baseball was huge. You could walk down Main Street and hear the baseball game playing on half a dozen radios in stores, barber shops, gas stations. People talked baseball and knew baseball. If you didn't talk baseball you were odd. Music, too. Everyone knew the top tunes on the Hit Parade.

This deserves a post here
    Ex CIA agent confirms Roswell incident
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...niversary.html

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    This deserves a post here
    Ex CIA agent confirms Roswell incident
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...niversary.html

There is something not right with Chase Brandon (at least, with what we are seeing in the Media). Things are not adding up.

If he is has written a Novel (which is a work of fiction), what yard stick can we use to separate fact from fiction (other than none)?

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    The Roswell (Corona) crash is well know and documented. It is universally accepted that the crash took place in early July (or late June) of 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_incident

The Army Air Corps made a press release on the 8th of July, 1947 concerning the crash.

Historically, 1947 is a very interesting year:

The National Security Act of 1947 (an act of Congress) was signed into law on 26th of July, 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ty_Act_of_1947

The Army Air Corps became a separate entity (the U.S. Air Force) on 18th of September 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force

The remnants of the OSS basically became the Central Intelligence Agency on 18th of September 1947.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cia

1947 was a very interesting year indeed.

M
    Marvin,

I think you're onto something, what changed and what happened in goverment right afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Marvin,

I think you're onto something, what changed and what happened in goverment right afterwards.

If one were to go back and look at the “technology explosion” following July of 1947, the list is amazing and huge. A few examples are material technology (like memory metal), silicon technology (in electronics, this alone was a monster leap forward), stealth (radio wave absorbent/bending), lasers, masers, fiber optics, night vision… the list goes on and on, not to mention putting man on the Moon in 22 years (almost to the day).

All if this technology from finding a weather balloon, imagine that.

M

In Filer's Files #41-2012 dated October 10, 2012, Maj Filer quotes a Ronald Regehr article on Brig Gen Arthur Exon, A Roswell Insider. October 15, 2012 Capt Bob Collins, author of Exempt From Disclosure quoted from Regehr's article and added some commentary and expanded details from his own research, we he circulated to his email list. Capt Collins has generously given permission for us to re-post the commentary here:

II) General Exon Confirmed Alien Crash:

10-15-012: 11:12 AM Ronald Regehr wrote:
    http://www.listrocket.com/public/archive.php?mode=thread&cat=8857&rc=b7827019091d&m id=4112101&cc=664abbba4ae1d38
    I called Brigadier General Arthur E. Exon several times concerning the Roswell crash before he died in 2005. General Exon was very reachable, friendly. I identified myself as a retired intelligence officer and flyer and President of an Air Force Association Chapter that was interested in the alleged Roswell crash. He told me he had been the Commander of Wright Patterson Air Force Base and knew quite a bit about Roswell. Among the things that Exon was very specific about was that everybody "from Truman on down" had known about the Roswell incident from the day it happened, and that "it was known to be an alien spacecraft almost as soon as we got on the scene."
    Don Schmidt gave me a copy of his and Tom Carey’s excellent book "Witness To Roswell." I was particularly interested in their interview with General Exon. This is the book’s version of their interview, which is essentially the same information he told me.
    General Exon, as a lieutenant colonel, was assigned to Wright Field in July of 1947, and was there when the wreckage from the Roswell crash came in. He was aware of the recovery in New Mexico and some colleagues performed the tests on the metal, trying to determine what it was. In July 1947, he learned from other colleagues that the bodies had arrived on the base. All described to us what happened after the flight reached the Foreign Technology Division (FTD) (not FTD, T2 Intelligence, see comment below).
    Exon, then a lieutenant colonel, was an administration student in technology at the FTD. "We heard the material was coming to Wright Field," he said. Analysis of the debris was performed in the FTD’s various labs: "Everything from chemical analysis, stress tests, compression tests, flexing. It was brought into our material-evaluation lab. I don’t know how it arrived, but the boys who tested it said it was very unusual." Exon also described the material: "Some of it was very thin but awfully strong and couldn’t be dented with heavy hammers.... It was flexible to a degree."
    According to Exon, "Some of it was flimsy and was tougher than hell, and the [rest] was almost like foil but strong, it had them [the FTD analysts] pretty puzzled." The lab chiefs at Wright Field set up a "special project" for the testing of the material. "They knew they had something new in their hands," continued Exon, "the metal and material was unknown to anyone I talked to. Whatever they found, I never heard what the results were." When asked what he thought about the components physical makeup, he said, "...I don’t know, at that time, if it was titanium or some other metal...or if it was something they knew about and the processing was something different."
    There was another location where ... apparently the main body of the spacecraft was ... where they did say there were bodies.
    They were all found, apparently, outside the craft itself but were in fairly good condition. In other words, they weren't broken up a lot"
    General Exon’s experience with the recovered Roswell remnants wasn’t limited to the work at Wright Field. A number of months later, he flew over central New Mexico near Corona and checked out the crash sites. There were two distinct sites. At the northwest [site], pieces found on the [Foster] ranch, those pieces were mostly metal." The general also confirmed having seen the gouge that others had reported. Exon said, "I remember auto tracks leading to the pivotal sites and obvious gouges in the terrain." When asked about the bodies, he said, "I know people that were involved in photographing some of the residue from the New Mexico affair near Roswell. There was another location where...apparently the main body of the spacecraft was...where they did say there were bodies." Asked if the bodies had been sent to Wright Field, Exon said simply, "That’s my information...people I have known were involved with that."
    According to Exon, the instant they understood the nature of the find, Ramey would have alerted the chief of staff, Dwight Eisenhower. Once they had the information in Washington, control of the operation would have come from the Pentagon. The men at Roswell would have been tasked with the clean-up because they were there, on site, but the responsibility for the clean-up would have moved up the chain of command and into the Pentagon and the White House.
    He told me that he thought the craft was heading SE or NW based on the debris field and he mentioned the craft was up against a hill or mountain. In 1948, following completion of a two-year industrial administration course at the Air Force Institute of Technology at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, (W P) Ohio, he was assigned to Air Materiel Command Headquarters, as chief of the Maintenance Data.
    From 1964-66, he was he commander of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and access to many of the key labs. I get the impression he was continuing to get intelligence data on UFOs from various scientists on base some seventeen years after Roswell.
    He obviously had an interest in UFOs, and as Base Commander he would have access to almost everywhere on base including where the actual craft debris was being stored. He said other UFO-related field operations were staged at W-P during his tenure. Teams of men would fly in from Washington on an investigation. W-P would supply them with planes and crews for their operations. He was assigned to Air Materiel Command Headquarters, as chief of the Maintenance Data Section from August 1951 until April 1952. Exon did emphasize that he was told these things by men who were directly involved and whom he knew well and trusted. He mentioned knowing some of the photographers who photographed the sites.
    He was a pilot with 135 combat missions during World War II and his aircraft was severely damaged by an exploding ammunition dump and he was forced to bail out over enemy territory. Captured, he spent just over a year in German prisoner of war camps. On August 20, 1965, he was promoted to brigadier general. General Exon had a most impressive military career and it is doubtful he would lie about Roswell.
    Both Blanchard’s and Ramey’s wife were aware that the crash was likely extraterrestrial. Exon elaborated, "I know that at the time the sightings happened, it was [up] to Gen. Ramey...and he, along with the people at Roswell, decided to change the story while they got their act together and got the information into the Pentagon and into the president."
    Thanks to General Exon

Bob Collins Comments: it was T2 Intelligence not FTD in 1947. FTD didn't come about until 1961. It was T2 Intelligence up until May 1951 when it became ATIC, see below. I tried to straighten Don Schmidt out on this a number of times but failed.

On Titanium, great metal (YF-12A etc, and the only metal that bonds with bone and soft tissue), but, it doesn't have the characteristics of the Roswell material ie, can't cut it or burn it and returns to its original shape once crinkled. T3 Engineering which coexisted with T2 in July 1947 was likely used to do exploitation on the recovered Roswell material as Exon describes.

T-2 Intelligence became the Air Materiel Command Intelligence Department in October 1947.

History of NASIC

In 2004 the Los Alamos source said that 80% of the alien craft (manufactured before the Wright-Brothers ever flew) was made of a material not found on Earth, 12 years from 1992 they still had no idea, today we still fly rockets & jets. Tech Details here...

http://www.ufoconspiracy.com/reports/efd_book.htm ...
    Foreign Technology Division (was assigned to FTD as an Analyst in TQTR, 83-87)

See also: Tonopah Test Range Airport
    On 21 May 1951, the United States Air Force established the Air Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) as a field activity of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence. After ten years, on 1 July 1961, ATIC was inactivated and the Foreign Technology Division (FTD) established. The 1950s, then, provided the backdrop against which ATIC performed its mission.
    Early in 1951, ATIC analysts obtained engine parts and the tail section of a crashed MiG-15 from the Korean theater. Later, in July, the center received a complete, though crashed, MiG-15. The center had also obtained IL-10 and Yak-9 aircraft in operational condition. In September 1953, shortly following the conclusion of the war, a North Korean defector delivered a MiG-15 to Kimpo Air Base near Seoul. A team of ATIC analysts monitored the MiG-15 flight test program at Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa, which included flights by one Major Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager from the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards Air Force Base. Because of the large amount of materiel (and documents) gathered during the war, ATIC awarded a contract to Battelle Memorial Institute of Columbus, Ohio, for analytical work and document translation. This was the start of a relationship that has lasted over 40 years. The evaluation of these captured aircraft support allowed FEAF to more effectively develop engagement tactics for its F-86 fighters. For the next 30 years FTD personnel became known throughout the Air Force and the intelligence community as the experts in Soviet aircraft, missile, and related equipment performance.
    In 1961, with the formation of the Defense Intelligence Agency and reorganization within the Air Force, ATIC was reassigned to Air Force Systems Command at Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland and redesignated the Foreign Technology Division (FTD). The "official" history of HQ NAIC starts with the formation of FTD in 1961. From 1961 to 1991, the Foreign Technology Division was the Air Force's S&TI center of excellence for foreign air and space system

"Exempt From Disclosure" is available here:

http://www.ufoconspiracy.com/reports/efd_book.htm

-EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE-
    The Black World of UFOs, 3rd edition
    Available in KINDLE, heavily illustrated, having all the drawings & illustrations from the paperback, expanded well beyond the paperback edition, and all links are click-able: updated, 09-17-012. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083W05FC

Looks like a great book, added to my reading list for this winter, Thanks!