Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Cryptos Conundrum

It looks like this story is about to finally get an official response from the CIA, thanks to the efforts of Robbie Graham, Matthew Alford, Grant Cameron and Victor Viggiani. (Great work guys!) -

"International syndication receives response from CIA on Chase Brandon

Breaking News

[As indicated in the last press release on this matter here at ExoNews, dated June 28.2012, the ZlandCommunications investigation of the Chase Brandon story would continue. Dramatic developments have transpired. Below is an up-date on these developments.]

Toronto – [ZNN] Further investigation reveals that efforts by a syndicated international group comprised of four researches from the UK and Canada to obtain direct and specific answers from the CIA about the validity of Chase Brandon’s highly provocative statements concerning the Roswell UFO incident have met with significant success.

ZNN’s investigation indicates that significant progress has been made by the syndicated international group to gain clarity on this matter over the last six days.

This syndicated international group from the UK and Canada made contact with the CIA on July 2.2012. The purpose of the contact was to make direct and specific inquiries about the validity of Chase Brandon’s provocative statements about the Roswell UFO incident, its possible national security implications and other related secrecy and intelligence issues raised by the former CIA operative on Coast to Coast AM on Saturday June 23.2012.

Below is an excerpt from the letter sent by the international group of researchers to the CIA and the CIA’s subsequent response.
    LETTER TO THE CIA

[EXCERPT OF ORIGINAL LETTER TO CIA PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPT from signatories Robbie Graham, Doctoral Candidate, (UK) - Matthew Alford, Ph.D., (UK) - Grant Cameron, (Canada) and Victor Viggiani M.Ed., (Canada)]

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 6:38 AM

To: entertainmentliaison; PAULAST
    Cc: matthewalfordphd@googlemail.com; whitehouseufo@gmail.com; zland@sympatico.ca
    Subject: Questions: Chase Brandon &Roswell

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 6:38 AM

Re: Questions: Chase Brandon &Roswell

…”Our questions are as follows:

1. Was Mr.Brandon’s interview on Coast to Coast AM on 23 June, 2012 – and were the comments he made during this interview – subject to prior approval by the CIA’s Publications Review Board (PRB)?

2. Does Mr.Brandon’s assertion that the CIA currently has in its possession proof of extraterrestrial visitation – which we stress he claims to have seen while working in his capacity as ELO – constitute a disclosure of classified information? If so, is he subject to legal penalties or other action as a result of this disclosure? If not, why not?

3. Is Mr. Brandon still under contract with the CIA in any capacity?

4. Are there any circumstances under which members of the public (academics, journalists, for example) might be granted limited access to the HIC? In other words, is it possible for the public to independently verify Mr. Brandon’s claims regarding Roswell materials in the HIC?

5. As an extension of the above question, what CIA communication policies are in place to provide the public with an opportunity to respond to and enquire about materials observed and statements made by former CIA operatives concerning the Roswell matter that may be seen to communicate classified intelligence or national security information in a public forum?

6. If avenues for public verification of Mr. Brandon’s claims are not available at this time, we ask that the CIA officially comment on hisRoswellstatements, either confirming or denying their veracity.

To clarify, the above questions are posed not in the context of Mr. Brandon’s fictional book, but of the allegedly factual statements he made during his interview on Coast to Coast AM, which are now a matter of significant public interest.

Thank you very much for your careful consideration of this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Robbie Graham

Doctoral Candidate

University of Bristol

Department of Drama: Theatre, Film, Television

United Kingdom

Matthew Alford, PhD

Author:

Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy

United Kingdom

Grant Cameron

Author: UFOs, MJ-12, and the Government

Winnipeg, Canada

Victor Viggiani M.Ed.

News Director

ZlandCommunications

Toronto, Canada”

CIA RESPONSE:

—–Original Message—–

To: rbbgraham <rbbgraham@aol.co.uk>; paulast <paulast@ucia.gov>

CC: matthewalfordphd <matthewalfordphd@googlemail.com>; whitehouseufo <whitehouseufo@gmail.com>; zland <zland@sympatico.ca>; Media <Media@ucia.gov>

Sent: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:31

Subject: RE: Questions: Chase Brandon &Roswell

“Mr. Graham,

Off the record, we will look into your questions and get back to you as quickly as possible. Best,

Ian Tuttle

Office of Public Affairs

Central Intelligence Agency”

ZlandCommunications - as part of this international syndication that has been contacted by the CIA – will follow this potentially volatile and dramatic story in the public’s interest. ZNN will also attempt to ensure that the CIA’s efforts to provide the international syndication with a response about Chase Brandon’s statements on the Roswell UFO crash will be made available to the public as soon as practically possible.

This Press Release may be distributed freely. The entire text of the letter to the CIA will be made public in due course.

Journalists wishing more background information may use the contact information below.

The investigation continues.

###

ZlandCommunications NewsNetwork

Toronto Ontario Canada

zland@sympatico.ca"

Source - http://news.exopoliticsinstitute.org...-brandon76886/
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Very nice. Thanks Lee
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Wonder if this isn't timed release for some reason.

Here's the latest. The CIA have now responded to Robbie and the rest, Not what we hoped for, but not a surprise either:

CIA Responds to Ex-Official’s “Roswell Happened” Claim: Not True
    By Matthew Alford, PhD

After a tense wait, the CIA has finally stated its position on the explosive “Roswell Happened” comments made by their former Entertainment Liaison Officer Chase Brandon. Jennifer Youngblood of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs said that official historians have checked their files but “found nothing in the Agency’s holdings to corroborate Mr. Brandon’s specific claims.”

Brandon ignited an ongoing media furore following his appearance on Coast to Coast AM on June 23 of this year when he announced that he had seen evidence in a box marked ‘Roswell’ at the CIA’s Historical Intelligence Collection (HIC) which confirmed “100%” his belief that the government had recovered an extraterrestrial craft and its occupants near Roswell, New Mexico in July of 1947.

The CIA was responding by email to a detailed series of questions sent by a group of British and Canadian researchers: Robbie Graham, doctoral candidate at the University of Bristol and editor of silverscreensaucers.blogspot.com, Matthew Alford, Grant Cameron, and Victor Viggiani. The group’s email requested information about Brandon, specifically: his current relationship with the CIA; the possibility of researchers checking his claims; the vetting of his comments by the Publications Review Board, and whether his utterances disclosed classified information in any way."
    Read more:http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk/
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

As a money making venture (to sale books), what Chase is doing (and the CIA is allowing him to do) makes sense.

Chase’s ”Roswell” story and vault adventure do not make sense. How would he have seen what he claims to have seen without the need to know? I seriously doubt Langley would allow folks to go into a restriction vault and freely wander around to peruse through whatever their curiosity lead them to. How would they keep any secrets allowing that?

In my opinion… Chase Brandon is 100% bogus, so if you are looking for the truth, save your money.

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    As a money making venture (to sale books), what Chase is doing (and the CIA is allowing him to do) makes sense.

Chase’s ”Roswell” story and vault adventure do not make sense. How would he have seen what he claims to have seen without the need to know? I seriously doubt Langley would allow folks to go into a restriction vault and freely wander around to peruse through whatever their curiosity lead them to. How would they keep any secrets allowing that?

In my opinion… Chase Brandon is 100% bogus, so if you are looking for the truth, save your money.
    I don't know, Marvin. We can be pretty sure he is a former employee of the CIA, I found confirmation on their own website:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just found a tentative confirmation of Chase Brandon's employment with the Central Intelligence Agency on their own website:

"The Central Intelligence Agency has been named the "Public Sector Employer of the Year" by CAREERS & the disABLED Magazine. The plaque noting the award was accepted on behalf of the CIA by Chase Brandon of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs at the publication's EXPO 1998 in Anaheim, California, May 28-31. The Magazine's citation reads as follows:" (emphasis mine) Source - https://www.cia.gov/news-information.../pr060898.html
    Whether his 'Roswell box" story is genuine or not remains to be seen, but I seriously doubt that a 35 year veteran of the agency would tell such a big lie in order to sell books. His book would certainly have been vetted and his interview quite probably was too. Note that all the CIA's official response said was that they couldn't find the box. They avoided anwering the questions about his current status and whether his book and interview were vetted or not.

No doubt as soon as that interview went out the box in question would have been removed from the HIC, if not long before, he never said when he viewed it.

As for access, it was my understanding that he did have access at the time.

I don't know, Marvin. We can be pretty sure he is a former employee of the CIA, I found confirmation on their own website....

No debate Lee, it is one thing to work for the Agency… it is a another to “leak” classified information with the knowledge of the Agency. I'm sure people will be guided by their own opinion as to what the facts are on this question.

Whether his 'Roswell box" story is genuine or not remains to be seen, but I seriously doubt that a 35 year veteran of the agency would tell such a big lie in order to sell books.

I am not as convinced as you are, this is not his first book. He admits this new book is a work of fiction.

Is it gray propaganda? At best it is.

Is it nothing but fiction? Based on what was conveyed in the media… yea, probably so.

While this is only my opinion, it is based on the best available facts I have at hand. Chase’s running into a box marked “Roswell” in a vault, is simply not credible to me.

Maybe he is being told to write the book (and what to say). Maybe he is just trying to profit on his former employment and writing a totally fictional account. Either way, it is not likely to be what people are hoping for (it will just be more smoke mirrors)... I do not believe the Agency would allow a "tell all book" to be written by an employee in the know without their blessing (and that has yet to happen and it is not likely to happen any time soon).

Time will tell.

M
    Last edited by Marvin; 07-12-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

I couldn't find what his title was or how deep he got. "The plaque noting the award was accepted on behalf of the CIA by Chase Brandon of the Agency's Office of Public Affairs" If that highlighted part is it, he didn't get very far into anything....I'm with Marvin on this. I think it is bunk and book publicity.

my 2c worth.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

I am not as convinced as you are, this is not his first book. He admits this new book is a work of fiction.
    There are a varied number of ways you can use a book like his as an advantageous "fictional story book" or as a form of counter intel project to confuse other intelligence agencies whom often assign people to keep an eye on what the latest leaks are. Actually there is a technique for fabrications that anyone can use to ascertain who knows what and how much. You can probably use it to even confuse people whom know enough about something but not the entire story.

------------------------------------

If one of us were to work for a third party it wouldn't be very hard to simply sign up under a false psuedoname and make a strange fictionalized story about the ET and UFO phenomena. As an opening design, you can create a general fictional story (the trojan horse). Inside this trojan horse...on little shelves inside of it...you can insert real material from factual events. These can be real plots, actual techniques and methods, and known situations.

When you open your mouth under this psuedoname you can then mention things you inserted into the trojan horse storyline. Anyone whom has had an actual encounter or seen something very real will unwittingly come forward to tell their story. They will likely share their story and detail the event after seeing or hearing referenced elements.

When you no longer have a need to probe the individuals or a community (be they online or in real life support groups) you can then use the other aspects of the fictionalized trojan hose to release disinformation and confuse actual experiencers.

----------------------------------
    For Example,

*If* even *one person* has seen an ET holding a technological cube like device that projects imagery in front of the E.B.E. for communication or presentations. You can utilize this fact within a trojan storyline to coax the few that have seen them in real life.

People will actually come up to you [COLOR="#FF0000"]and tell you all[/COLOR] about what they saw and witnessed. They will tell you what they saw, where they saw it, whom did it, when and even if there was more to their story than just witnessing a possibly classified piece of technology or an "illegal or unsanctioned" scenario of contact. You can determine who it is, where they are, when it happened and what if anything was disclosed.

When you are done probing through various channels, you can assert changes to your fictionalized "trojan horse" story which can demoralize, obfuscate, confuse witnesses or prevent further sharing. (Well if that is the way your interests swing and bend I guess...)

As an example,

You can call the cube device "the yellow book", describe it in various (intentionally inaccurate) ways. You can pepper a story with very vague details about how you went to mars and found space bunnies dressed in pink suits. (hehe) When someone legitimately mentions the actual event of an encounter with the right details you will know whom are the real encounters vs the fabricated ones.

Even more usefully you can rain heavy redicule (if that is what your end game is) on those that actually witness those events. Who would believe even *1* person whom has actually seen the device when it is deeply contrasted with 10+ stories that are total fabrications without any real resemblence to the real thing? The mutual similarity of the stories would work against any individual whom attempt to assert there was a real event.

A public without the necessary background knowledge to determine which event is real vs which is fabrication is impacted negatively by never being able to accurately decode which is real event and which is false. The truth can be hidden in plain sight under many constructed fabrications.

--------------------------------------

I feel that Chase Brandon has constructed an interesting trojan horse. Though I am not sure if it is under the guise of furthering national interests or simply an attempt at (a secret) desperation over a situation no one can change.

I agree with you, even if he knew anything significant it is unlikely he would have been "cleared" to write such a story without the fictionalized fascade and balloney. If he framed his knowledge in the form of a trojan horse plotline with many mis-represented real elements in the form of fiction. Then he might have possibly been A-OK'ed to write it if it dredges up commentary about who has seen what.

It is possibly like dropping ink in a well to figure out where the downstream individuals convey knowledge of specific elements. You can probably pick out which individuals have more knowledge of different elements simply by watching the comments and discussions.

I for one recognize many elements in his work and find it hard to believe that he used his "improvised imagination" to hit so many points of referenced elements. From the looks of it, I would say he was downright LAZY. I gather the impression that he didn't do a good job (who can?) at mixing so many elements into a working fictional format. I see and recognize the super-structure of the elements the story is woven around. If anything it is something worth raising an eyebrow about if you have a good idea as to what various references are about. His claims of seeing something related to Roswell is probably nothing more than making sure he hits his "target audience".

I imagine that if he didn't properly "ink the well" with "that Roswell comment" in his <cough> Coast 2 Coast AM <cough!> interview, he would probably not have been allowed to write up that kind of book with that heavily enriched elements. The community is seemingly so....easy to bait IMO. Looks like people even believe that Roswell was the start of the secrecy even though there is plenty to show that it wasn't.

Heck, seems people believe MJ-12 too....<shrug>
    Last edited by Fore; 07-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Is it gray propaganda? At best it is.

Is it nothing but fiction? Based on what was conveyed in the media… yea, probably so.

While this is only my opinion, it is based on the best available facts I have at hand. Chase’s running into a box marked “Roswell” in a vault, is simply not credible to me.

Maybe he is being told to write the book (and what to say). Maybe he is just trying to profit on his former employment and writing a totally fictional account. Either way, it is not likely to be what people are hoping for (it will just be more smoke mirrors)... I do not believe the Agency would allow a "tell all book" to be written by an employee in the know without their blessing (and that has yet to happen and it is not likely to happen any time soon).

Time will tell.

M
    When something comes out with all this type of "hoop-la", I shake my head.

I am of the mindset; we will be hearing and seeing lots of “partial truths, lies and deceit”, and more of it as partial disclosure draws nearer.