Thread: 'Chupacabras' shot in Missouri?

'Chupacabras' shot in Missouri?

Linda Howe has a new report at her Earthfiles website detailing a series of unidentified animal sighting and kills. The report includes images from Missouri man Steve Scott who claims to have shot and killed two of these unusual animals this year.

Read the article, see the pictures and listen to the MP3 interview here: http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

I don't want to sound all scary, but something about that animal screams "carrier". I wouldn't doubt that it is designed to carry some sort of disease.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by norenrad View Post
    I don't want to sound all scary, but something about that animal screams "carrier". I wouldn't doubt that it is designed to carry some sort of disease.
    Agree with that statement - huge oversized rat.

I aree too, it has the look of something 'not right', a mutation of some kind? I find it Interesting that this Dog/Rat/Kangaroo creature has turned up in several different states in recent years.

Personally I doubt that it has anything to do with the Chupacabras phenomenon in Latin America though. Those cases were to reminicent of the mutilations for animal attacks IMO.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

- Mystery Solved -

Thanks to FB member Deschenes Dustypawpaws who wrote:

"This is a Xoloitzcuintli...Mexican Hairless...They are like a Poodle ..Toy size and medium and larger."

And: "Its a shame. i know some were let loose or got loose and people where raising a ruckus about what they were.Thats when they were called Chubacabras. And there was a breeder of these dogs in the same area. In the southwest. Texas i believe. They are very sweet dogs."

I put together the following image for comparison:

Looking at the photo above it is very clear that this is the same animal. The pictures on Linda's site appear to show feral dogs which are slightly deformed, probably due to interbreeding among feral packs.

If these were "Xoloitzcuintli...Mexican Hairless", then how might we explain the lack off blood from gun shot wounds, and the dual sex organs.

Just wondering!

Good questions. The lack of blood loss may be due to the poor state of the animal's health, the bullet may have missed main arteries and killed with shock, the witness' may have exagerated? Or possibly a combination of the above. As for dual sexual organs this could be due to poor knowledge on the part of the witness or mutation due to interbreeding.? Pure speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Good questions. The lack of blood loss may be due to the poor state of the animal's health, the bullet may have missed main arteries and killed with shock, the witness' may have exagerated? Or possibly a combination of the above. As for dual sexual organs this could be due to poor knowledge on the part of the witness or mutation due to interbreeding.? Pure speculation on my part.
    Yep! I would be inclinded believe "the witness' may have exagerated", at least it crossed my mind.