Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NASA's Curiosity Rover Lands or Crashes on Mars, August 5th 2012

Sorry Fore, but this guy is a raving lunatic living in his parents house. He makes many, many unsubstantiated references and claims with no evidence or facts. NASA has perfect proof that they landed this rover on Mars. Like it or not. I saw earlier that you were saying that this mission would fail. Now, you suggest this is a conspiracy. Admit it man, and move on... or is it your goal to be the "hero" as in all phony conspiracy theories. You see yourself as the one savior that can lead us to the light.... and that is BS just like the poor man in this video. This guy is in a little room, in a basement making outlandish and baseless claims, rambling on and on with dribble he got off of the vast collection of idiotic inernet conspiracy websites, a sad, sad, sad and very sad example of truth finding... I'm sorry I wasted my time listening to him, and posting this. Call me what you wish but I'm not a NASA conspirator or disinformation agent - though I'm sure that is how you will "paint" me. I'm a true believer in the UFO and alien phenomena, but I call ******** on your BS and this crazy and unintelligible rant by an obvious idiot.
    "Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery." ~ Crow from MST3000

Quote Originally Posted by U.N.C.L.E. View Post
    Sorry Fore, but this guy is a raving lunatic living in his parents house.
    That is why I said he was for entertainment purposes only in another thread. Someone fun to watch for the entertainment value. Like watching a comedian whom doesn't know he is a comedian. So you won't find me bothered with anything he says. I am already on the same page in reference to what you mentioned above.

If you weren't I would question your sanity. (IMO)

He makes many, many unsubstantiated references and claims with no evidence or facts. NASA has perfect proof that they landed this rover on Mars. Like it or not.
    I haven't contested the landing nor do I think otherwise.

UNCLE, I think you've made the wrong series of assumption that what "the man" believes is what I believe(?) If so, you are making a clear mistake.

The only reason I placed his ranting buttocks on this thread is to find out if anyone has actually heard of any imagery he mentioned as having been seen. Nothing more or less. Unless an inquiry is off limits?

Note: I don't throw a hissy fit when others post.......clearly....obviously....totally bogus links and sources. (and worse state their support of it)

Anyway, I saw in the Day 4 press conference for the rover status that there was a mention of some alleged photo that changed in the distance near the rover. I assume that is the photo he refers to? It was dismissed as one of the descent vehicles crashing into the ground in the distance. (Though I think it is a longshot for it being the reference the guy made? Hence why I asked.)

On day 3 of the reference, one of the scientist in charge of the rover was asked "if" they saw something on the surface of Mars would they be "as transparent" in showing the imagery. The question was mainly dodged by the answering scientist, so I assume no is the answer even though they gave a rather circumspect "positive answer" that they will show it anyway without hesitation.

Note: Before you get any further wild ideas UNCLE, no, I am not one of those people whom believe that a Rover on Mars will ever capture evidence of life. But I think the question should be asked if someone references it "online" and mentions others as having seen it. (Part of the Query and Investigation process...you know...)

I saw earlier that you were saying that this mission would fail.
    I still believe that. They are currently swapping out software modules for the two computers. I am hedging my bets on the rover failing.

Now, you suggest this is a conspiracy. Admit it man, and move on... or is it your goal to be the "hero" as in all phony conspiracy theories.
    A ?true? conspiracy needs no "hero". It's an offshoot of what I believe, though it was long before the other two rovers were even put together.

I am sure you believe in a few conspiracies that I would find patently absurd but you probably still believe in them and I don't stop you from it. Lets let time prove either of us wrong or right.

You see yourself as the one savior that can lead us to the light.... and that is BS just like the poor man in this video. This guy is in a little room, in a basement making outlandish and baseless claims, rambling on and on with dribble he got off of the vast collection of idiotic inernet conspiracy websites, a sad, sad, sad and very sad example of truth finding... I'm sorry I wasted my time listening to him, and posting this.
    You must have missed my other posts in reference to I not believing him but finding him entertaining for a crack pot.

The waste of time is yours if you still believe I support him as some fountain of truth. Never has been the case and likely never will be. Check my posts, sorry to disappoint you about this in your enthusiasm for the rant you just made against someone whom doesn't [openly] take him all too seriously.

Call me what you wish but I'm not a NASA conspirator or disinformation agent - though I'm sure that is how you will "paint" me. I'm a true believer in the UFO and alien phenomena, but I call ******** on your BS and this crazy and unintelligible rant by an obvious idiot.
    Well, at least there is nothing you did wrong in that regard.

If you ever thought otherwise, I would have been somewhat concerned, UNCLE.

Though, asking if anyone heard of what this guy refers to as some obscure picture reference or event hardly sounds like I am "supporting" him. Especially if I already mentioned elsewhere that I do not. (I know "Oops" sounds appropriate in this situation.)

The most you could criticize me for is "believing" (or err hedging my bets against) the rover being a success and failing on mars based on a "conspiracy theory" that I have and ties into other events in my life (some of which are now true).

At the moment they are about to upgrade the rovers software for the terrain navigation. The scientist admit it is a critical process that will take about 4 days on mars that "hopefully" won't fail.

I understand if you criticize my beliefs, just try not to mix mine with some other persons. The whole "hero" thing just went over the top. I don't even know the guys name.
    Last edited by Fore; 08-11-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2...cid=ansmsnbc11

Martian rocks reveal that rover is driving through dried-up stream bed

The Mars Rover has detected the first on-the-ground evidence of an ancient streambed. If there was water, could Mars have supported life? NBC's Tom Costello reports

By Alan Boyle

"A close look at pebble-filled layers of rock has convinced scientists that NASA's Curiosity rover is driving through a dried-up stream bed on Mars where water flowed vigorously billions of years ago. They say it's the kind of place that just might have supported life when the planet was young."

Read the rest at the link, video too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2...cid=ansmsnbc11

Martian rocks reveal that rover is driving through dried-up stream bed

The Mars Rover has detected the first on-the-ground evidence of an ancient streambed. If there was water, could Mars have supported life? NBC's Tom Costello reports

By Alan Boyle

"A close look at pebble-filled layers of rock has convinced scientists that NASA's Curiosity rover is driving through a dried-up stream bed on Mars where water flowed vigorously billions of years ago. They say it's the kind of place that just might have supported life when the planet was young."

Read the rest at the link, video too.
    Update video from NASA TV, Sept 27th 2012

NASA reports Courisity has made a major discovery, "One for the record books" but is not telling for a few weeks.

This from NBC News:

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history books," but we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out what the new Red Planet find may be, media reports suggest.

The discovery was made by Curiosity's Sample Analysis at Mars instrument, NPR reported Tuesday. SAM is the rover's onboard chemistry lab, and it's capable of identifying organic compounds — the carbon-containing building blocks of life as we know it.

SAM apparently spotted something interesting in a soil sample Curiosity's huge robotic arm delivered to the instrument recently.

"This data is gonna be one for the history books," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told NPR. "It's looking really good."

Grotzinger said the rover team won't be ready to announce just what SAM found for several weeks yet, NPR reported. The scientists want to check and double-check the results, to make sure they're for real.
    Read more: NBC News

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    NASA reports Courisity has made a major discovery, "One for the record books" but is not telling for a few weeks.

This from NBC News:

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history books," but we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out what the new Red Planet find may be, media reports suggest.

The discovery was made by Curiosity's Sample Analysis at Mars instrument, NPR reported Tuesday. SAM is the rover's onboard chemistry lab, and it's capable of identifying organic compounds — the carbon-containing building blocks of life as we know it.

SAM apparently spotted something interesting in a soil sample Curiosity's huge robotic arm delivered to the instrument recently.

"This data is gonna be one for the history books," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told NPR. "It's looking really good."

Grotzinger said the rover team won't be ready to announce just what SAM found for several weeks yet, NPR reported. The scientists want to check and double-check the results, to make sure they're for real.

Read more: NBC News
    Just read this article that speculates that organic molecules have been found on Mars:

Curiosity Rover’s Secret Historic Breakthrough? Speculation Centers on Organic Molecules

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...news-organics/
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Based on the experiment being referenced the wildest scenario would be evidence of current microbial activity. The most likely would be evidence of past activity. But there is the matter of fluctuating levels of methane contained in the Martian atmosphere which could be evidence of current activity from carbon-based life forms.

Hopefully we'll hear something very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Based on the experiment being referenced the wildest scenario would be evidence of current microbial activity. The most likely would be evidence of past activity. But there is the matter of fluctuating levels of methane contained in the Martian atmosphere which could be evidence of current activity from carbon-based life forms.

Hopefully we'll hear something very soon.
    I think this kind of exploration and announcement would be a very good way for a limited Disclosure to start. They could begin with, "Oh, look what we found." and follow up with "this correlates with this other information that was disregarded for one reason or another." Then, when the dust settles they put out a little more.