Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Faster-than-Light Warp Drive

Blog Entries
    Can the essence of a shadow, which is nothing, travel faster than the speed of light?

I like to think of this guy in the video as the manic science teacher...can you keep up?

We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Can the essence of a shadow, which is nothing, travel faster than the speed of light?

I like to think of this guy in the video as the manic science teacher...can you keep up?

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...Light/FTL.html This link takes one to an interesting discussion of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Einsteinian error: The 25-year-old supernova that could change the speed of light forever

If you know any pedantic science nerds, you’ve probably been corrected at some point about c, the speed of light, the velocity Einstein famously said could never be surpassed. “It’s not the speed of light,” they’ll say. “It’s the speed of light in a vacuum!” Well, soon you may be able to come right back with this: “No it isn’t.” Physicists have long held that photons should move through a vacuum at a final velocity of 299,792,458 meters per second, but a fresh look at a supernova first seen more than 25 years ago may now contradict that. If confirmed, these findings would mean that our existing theories of light depend on idealized thought experiments even in a vacuum, and that the intrinsic physics of light actually cause it to slow itself down from the predicted ideal. After all these years, the speed of light may actually be significantly slower than we thought.

to read further...-> http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...186F651CFBC07E
    We know that light travels more slowly through matter than it does through a true vacuum. We know that there seems to be an unknown "dark matter" throughout the Universe. If light encounters "dark matter" then it should slow down, which will then tell us something about the nature of the "dark matter". We seem to be at a crossroads in science where one knowledgebase is not communicating with similar knowledgebases.

Point One:
    Some of us have read the book Journey to Serpo. The team came back stating that time was much different on Serpo. They couldnt explain it. Their clocks and watches didnt work 'right' there. They ended up being there 3 years more then scheduled.

Point Two:
    When the craft found at Roswell was entered by a USAF officer, he was in the craft for only a moment. It was also known, the craft was still powered, its system active. When he came out, they said he was in there for a long time, but he stated he was in there for only a short time, a moment, looking around, then got out.

Point Three:
    They say that light, gravity, and time are interconnected.

Point Four:
    When the USAF was testing craft in the deserts in Nevada at high speed, they stated that time inside the craft was slightly changed, slower or faster, then the Earth time. Time was altered in speed or flow when inside the craft with antigravity propulsion when doing tremendous speeds inside the atmosphere.

Now, with that said, going back to Point One, Serpo and time, what if the star of a solar system 'effected time', by the power of the gravity field? Also, what if 'speed' has a factor also. (All theory here, just thinking out loud). This would mean that with the sun's gravity field / magnetic field surrounding the planets, or inner planets, their time may 'flow' at such and such speed, while at Serpo, which is a Binary system, might have a different speed of time in that star system.

Then, (back on topic), light, which is joined to gravity and time, is flying along past other stars and through gravity fields (if any) as well as dark matter (what ever that is) as well as Quanta which pops in and out of this dimension like popcorn popping in a microwave, then light is probably being hit by a ton of things slowing it down.

I remember a crop circle showing some balls around a large sphere, with all in a spiral. Someone finally put things together and did an animation of the exact crop circle as a solar system with planets, in motion. The solar system moving along on a path, the star with its planets orbiting it, and how their orbits are actually not a 'disc' but an S shape, or screw like shape, as the system passes through space.

What if there are residuals of gravity and magnetic fields that are tracked (trails..) behind solar systems. That too might cause a lot of drag on Photons.

EDIT: IF all that is true, or most of it, when travelling at say 3X or 10X the speed of light, imagine what turbulance you might have, especially if you do not have a strong field. Imagine a boat doing a good deal of speed on the atlantic ocean, lol... (all 'if' mind you... )
    Last edited by lionheart001; 01-22-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Got me thinking of the Star Trek Voyager episode where they got caught in a planets hold and watched as the planet below aged massively. When they got there is was stone age. After a few hours it was industrial age. They space age after only hours. Great episode.... Dark Matter...????? Man, that one is something. I can see all the goodies out younder playing on Light speed. I have always thought Ole' crazy hair's theory on light speed wasn't right. Take our solar system moving through space at a HUGE speed towards another solar system that is heading towards us.. The closing speed would be something like Massive. Then we send out say, some sort of light speed ship. It's leaving us at light speed. Now to the folks at the other solar system that ship is closing at more then light speed. A lot more. How is that one explained????????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheart001 View Post
    Point One:
    Some of us have read the book Journey to Serpo. The team came back stating that time was much different on Serpo. They couldnt explain it. Their clocks and watches didnt work 'right' there. They ended up being there 3 years more then scheduled.

Point Two:
    When the craft found at Roswell was entered by a USAF officer, he was in the craft for only a moment. It was also known, the craft was still powered, its system active. When he came out, they said he was in there for a long time, but he stated he was in there for only a short time, a moment, looking around, then got out.

Point Three:
    They say that light, gravity, and time are interconnected.

Point Four:
    When the USAF was testing craft in the deserts in Nevada at high speed, they stated that time inside the craft was slightly changed, slower or faster, then the Earth time. Time was altered in speed or flow when inside the craft with antigravity propulsion when doing tremendous speeds inside the atmosphere.

Now, with that said, going back to Point One, Serpo and time, what if the star of a solar system 'effected time', by the power of the gravity field? Also, what if 'speed' has a factor also. (All theory here, just thinking out loud). This would mean that with the sun's gravity field / magnetic field surrounding the planets, or inner planets, their time may 'flow' at such and such speed, while at Serpo, which is a Binary system, might have a different speed of time in that star system.

Then, (back on topic), light, which is joined to gravity and time, is flying along past other stars and through gravity fields (if any) as well as dark matter (what ever that is) as well as Quanta which pops in and out of this dimension like popcorn popping in a microwave, then light is probably being hit by a ton of things slowing it down.

I remember a crop circle showing some balls around a large sphere, with all in a spiral. Someone finally put things together and did an animation of the exact crop circle as a solar system with planets, in motion. The solar system moving along on a path, the star with its planets orbiting it, and how their orbits are actually not a 'disc' but an S shape, or screw like shape, as the system passes through space.

What if there are residuals of gravity and magnetic fields that are tracked (trails..) behind solar systems. That too might cause a lot of drag on Photons.

EDIT: IF all that is true, or most of it, when travelling at say 3X or 10X the speed of light, imagine what turbulance you might have, especially if you do not have a strong field. Imagine a boat doing a good deal of speed on the atlantic ocean, lol... (all 'if' mind you... )
    Point 1.
    As I recall, it was claimed Serpo did not have a 24 hour day.
    That is, it took more than 24 hours for the planet to revolved one time.
    And it did not take 365 days, like here on Earth, to revolved around one time around it's own star.
    So you would expect a watch/clock/calandar based on a 24 hour day/7day week/365 day year to NOT function correctly. No mystery.

Point 2.
    I think the USAF was founded in September 1947, a few month AFTER the Roswell incident.
    Maybe you are thinking of a person from the Army Air Corp?
    Don't recall what official might have related this story about time dilation, but it sounds interesting. Can you share a link?

Point 3.
    SPACE and Time are interconnected.

Gravity is an external force.
    Newton defined force for us. Able to act externally on an object.
    Einstein's theory explains it as a deformation of space/time caused by a physical object.

Light is a form of Electromagnetic Radiation, usually referenced as Visible light.

Point 4. Again, don't recall the USAF ever publishing results of a Anti-gravity craft tests.
    But I'd sure like to read that report.
    an you share a link?

On that topic, scientist have placed synchronized clocks, one inside of high flying aircraft the other left stationary on Earth, circled around the world, and a small difference in time between the two identical clocks was noted.
    But that was predicted by Einstein, see the Twin Paradox.
    Not by "light being joined to gravity.

"Light is joint to gravity", like a tree is joined to the car that just crashing into it, slowing or stopping the car.
    Able to affect an object in motion (as an external force), but NOT an actual part.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Hey Calikid,

You wrote
    Point 1.
    As I recall, it was claimed Serpo did not have a 24 hour day.
    That is, it took more than 24 hours for the planet to revolved one time.
    And it did not take 365 days, like here on Earth, to revolved around one time around it's own star.
    So you would expect a watch/clock/calandar based on a 24 hour day/7day week/365 day year to NOT function correctly. No mystery.
    Ok. I will hold to me theory on gravity effecting time though. It sounds legitimate to me that a Star could possibly effect time. Black holes supposedly can, so why not a regular star. Still taking a lot of gravity there.

You wrote;
    Point 2.
    I think the USAF was founded in September 1947, a few month AFTER the Roswell incident.
    Maybe you are thinking of a person from the Army Air Corp?
    Don't recall what official might have related this story about time dilation, but it sounds interesting. Can you share a link?
    The first I read of this was in Whitley Stribers book that was taken from a General. They wrote it as 'fiction' so they could bypass legalities as the General on his deathbed wanted this release to the public. I believe the book is called Majestic. I also read in another writing, I do not remember where, of the same report. An officer climbs into the small craft, looks around checking out the small seats and things, then climbs back out and the soldiers were asking why he took so long in there. (I have read a LOT of things on UFO's, so where I have heard these (this) report, I just dont remember. Sorry.

You wrote;
    Point 3.
    SPACE and Time are interconnected.
    I hear what I hear, you hear what you hear. I am always open, but I might cling to what I think is correct. I also do not agree with Einsteins theory on Relativity. We also hear reports (from books, many, and people coming out on videos on YouTube) about how the aliens can travel here from other star systems in 2 months to 2 weeks, which means they are covering many light years in weeks.

You wrote;
    Gravity is an external force.
    Newton defined force for us. Able to act externally on an object.
    Einstein's theory explains it as a deformation of space/time caused by a physical object.

Light is a form of Electromagnetic Radiation, usually referenced as Visible light.
    I have heard what I wrote, and I have heard it in at least two sources. It sounds plausible to me. I'll stick with my theory.

Its amazing, isnt it? Newton was writing these things back 300 years ago? We also still know very little about gravity? (At least in the public sector). This would be like clinging to Columbus's theory of navigational techniques in ocean fairing adventures. I am not putting down Newton, but saying that was a LONG TIME ago.

You wrote;
    Point 4. Again, don't recall the USAF ever publishing results of a Anti-gravity craft tests.
    But I'd sure like to read that report.
    an you share a link?
    Sorry, I do not know where I recently read that story. The person was a former pilot, requested redirected to be a pilot trainer at Area 51. He found himself on a team that had a simulator that was a saucer. He talked in great deal about it. He talked on flying versions of saucers based around this simulator. The flying unit didnt have a Zero Point unit to power it, so they used large Capacitors that could hold approximately 1,000,000 volts each, I think three units per disc. This gave them a small amount of flying time. I dont know if it was 30 minutes or what, but they could fly and fly fast. He talked about training many pilots, how they got sick on their first couple of flights because gravity in the craft sealed off from Earth gravity and it caused nausea and dizziness. Probably an inner ear thing.

Possible books I have read about this in are;
    * The Hunt for Zero Point; Nick Cook (great read)
    * UFO's Exempt from Disclosure; The Black World of UFO's
    * Anti Gravity Propulsion; Lance Morcan

You wrote;
    On that topic, scientist have placed synchronized clocks, one inside of high flying aircraft the other left stationary on Earth, circled around the world, and a small difference in time between the two identical clocks was noted.
    But that was predicted by Einstein, see the Twin Paradox.
    Not by "light being joined to gravity.
    There you go. I think I also read this being reported by someone (someone stated someone found) that this was happening in the Haunebu saucers. (These were attaining speeds of 2,000 to 7,000 KPH at low altitudes. Google on Haunebu and Vril craft for specs and figures).

You wrote;
    "Light is joint to gravity", like a tree is joined to the car that just crashing into it, slowing or stopping the car.
    Able to affect an object in motion (as an external force), but NOT an actual part.
    Ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lionheart001; 01-23-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheart001 View Post
    Hey Calikid,

You wrote

Ok. I will hold to me theory on gravity effecting time though. It sounds legitimate to me that a Star could possibly effect time. Black holes supposedly can, so why not a regular star. Still taking a lot of gravity there.

You wrote;

The first I read of this was in Whitley Stribers book that was taken from a General. They wrote it as 'fiction' so they could bypass legalities as the General on his deathbed wanted this release to the public. I believe the book is called Majestic. I also read in another writing, I do not remember where, of the same report. An officer climbs into the small craft, looks around checking out the small seats and things, then climbs back out and the soldiers were asking why he took so long in there. (I have read a LOT of things on UFO's, so where I have heard these (this) report, I just dont remember. Sorry.

You wrote;

I hear what I hear, you hear what you hear. I am always open, but I might cling to what I think is correct. I also do not agree with Einsteins theory on Relativity. We also hear reports (from books, many, and people coming out on videos on YouTube) about how the aliens can travel here from other star systems in 2 months to 2 weeks, which means they are covering many light years in weeks.

You wrote;

I have heard what I wrote, and I have heard it in at least two sources. It sounds plausible to me. I'll stick with my theory.

Its amazing, isnt it? Newton was writing these things back 300 years ago? We also still know very little about gravity? (At least in the public sector). This would be like clinging to Columbus's theory of navigational techniques in ocean fairing adventures. I am not putting down Newton, but saying that was a LONG TIME ago.

You wrote;

Sorry, I do not know where I recently read that story. The person was a former pilot, requested redirected to be a pilot trainer at Area 51. He found himself on a team that had a simulator that was a saucer. He talked in great deal about it. He talked on flying versions of saucers based around this simulator. The flying unit didnt have a Zero Point unit to power it, so they used large Capacitors that could hold approximately 1,000,000 volts each, I think three units per disc. This gave them a small amount of flying time. I dont know if it was 30 minutes or what, but they could fly and fly fast. He talked about training many pilots, how they got sick on their first couple of flights because gravity in the craft sealed off from Earth gravity and it caused nausea and dizziness. Probably an inner ear thing.

Possible books I have read about this in are;
    * The Hunt for Zero Point; Nick Cook (great read)
    * UFO's Exempt from Disclosure; The Black World of UFO's
    * Anti Gravity Propulsion; Lance Morcan

You wrote;

There you go. I think I also read this being reported by someone (someone stated someone found) that this was happening in the Haunebu saucers. (These were attaining speeds of 2,000 to 7,000 KPH at low altitudes. Google on Haunebu and Vril craft for specs and figures).

You wrote;

Ok.
    I do like hearing about your theories.
    But instead of initially stating something like "It's been reported a USAF General entered a saucer, and attending troops report occurrence of time dilation" (paraphrase), using a qualifier like: "In an unconfirmed report" or "A rumor I strongly suspect is true" would go a long way to clarify the origins of what you are relating.
    Would also save me from being so disappointed when I research such claims, only to discover no such report publicly exists.
    (Did read your expanded references, thanks for that. I own 2 of the 3 books you mentioned.)

As for Newton & Einstein, I too suspect more advanced Physics knowledge exists than is publicly acknowledged.
    Most likely because the military would rather maintain a technology advantage, rather than benefit mankind as a whole.

I prefer to think the age of Newton's Laws represents great works that have withstood the test of time.
    Einstein's works expanded and even supplanted portions of that knowledge.
    But would not have been possible without the prior research.
    And today's Theoretical Physicist are developing their own theories, like String theory, M theory, Quantum Loop Gravity, etc.
    They are trying to build upon/beyond Einstein.

I'm reminded of the famous Newton quote "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    Not discrediting those who came before, but humbly crediting them with providing a foundation.

With any luck, great discoveries in free energy and anti-gravity will be revealed to the general public (Hopefully in our lifetime).
    But IMHO, the only way to achieved those goals is to build upon what came before.
    Even if E.T. handed us the technology, we need reference points/context to make that next great leap.
    Context provided by those who came before.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008