Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member G2v[12]

New Member G2v[12]

Greetings everyone.There are more than a few thought provoking comments here. I've had a personal interest in extraterrestrial contact since the 60s. My hope is to keep an open mind and participate in some good chat.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to The OutPost, G2v[12]. We're glad you joined us.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Find a spot you like and jump right in! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by G2v[12] View Post
    Greetings everyone.There are more than a few thought provoking comments here. I've had a personal interest in extraterrestrial contact since the 60s. My hope is to keep an open mind and participate in some good chat.
    Welcome aboard.

50 years of interest in extraterrestrial contact: that should be good for some opinions on the matter.

I'm eager to hear your views on it!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have opinions, but unlikely more than the usual preconceptions. Although I have had a recent experience connected with a contactee I've been working with for some time. I want to believe, but struggling with my faith at the moment. Its just a matter of posting it in the right place or maybe opening a new thread.
    Last edited by G2v[12]; 12-05-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: additional information

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Welcome to The OutPost, G2v[12]. We're glad you joined us.
    Thanks, I like New Yorkers. I'll never forget my trip to the Bronks, watching the pizza dough being tossed and spun in midair before it was thoroughly consumed.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have opinions, but unlikely more than the usual preconceptions. Although I have had a recent experience connected with a contactee I've been working with for some time. I want to believe, but struggling with my faith at the moment. Its just a matter of posting it in the right place or maybe opening a new thread.
    The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis and Extraterrestrial contact have the effect of challenging one's belief system / paradigm.

The effect it has on 'faith' is a fascinating field of research, and would be a good topic for great discussions.

Personally, I like the Vatican's take on it: with such a lot of worlds out there, it's very likely that God created many inhabited worlds...
    In other words: the extraterrestrial hypothesis doesn't change God's position in creation, only ours, in that we are less unique than we thought.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Thanks, I like New Yorkers. I'll never forget my trip to the Bronks, watching the pizza dough being tossed and spun in midair before it was thoroughly consumed.
    Now you're making me hungry...
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis and Extraterrestrial contact have the effect of challenging one's belief system / paradigm.

The effect it has on 'faith' is a fascinating field of research, and would be a good topic for great discussions.

Personally, I like the Vatican's take on it: with such a lot of worlds out there, it's very likely that God created many inhabited worlds...
    In other words: the extraterrestrial hypothesis doesn't change God's position in creation, only ours, in that we are less unique than we thought.
    My experience with faith has left me in a rather uncompromising position. I was a priest for more than two decades. I converted to Islam thereafter, but my spiritual experiences surpassed a certain notion of faith, as well as the linear views associated with Abrahamic religions. In short, I believe from what I've done that our psyche is on a quantum level allowing us to enter into an internal universal or perhaps some refined medium that acts as a universal thought plane. It seems that this is where the entities have invaded our space.

In the context of FAITH as mentioned in my above post, I was referring to a healing experience I received after asking a contactee (Mathew) for help regarding a chronic pain condition as the result of an arthritic hip and a pinched nerve in the lower spine. I have no insurance and there is no effective treatment in any case. I have suffered since 2005 and after having performed many interviews for his book, I learned that Mathew had asked his friends to help others and read some of the emails he received about their success. I would say that before the healing, I was taking so much pain medication that I suffered dizziness and stomach problems. Little more than two weeks after Mathew sent my request I awoke one morning and was able to get out of my bed without remaining in a sitting position for 5 minutes. Now I take the minimum dose of pain meds and sometimes not at all.

I can't prove that Mathew's extraterrestrials did this or if they are what he says they are. I am quite sure however that he does communicate with entities telepathically. He has reams of information to offer for the book. I also want to think that there was no placebo effect from my own desire or even from just pure belief or a willingness to believe. Editing his manuscript has placed me in a good position to learn some new things I haven't read in other UFO books. At the same time, I was hoping for an opportunity to put Mathew to the test. I am very impressed with the results and the testimonies of others. Nevertheless, I am never convinced by faith alone. One of my favorite works is the published research of the Harvard psychiatrist, Dr Mack.

I've got some friend who have worked with Shamans in the rain forest.

These shamans talk about the 'doctorcitos', i.e. the 'little doctors' that do the actual healing work, on an auric / electromagnetic level.
    They are non-physical, these little doctors.
    A number of Shamans believe the little doctors are actually beings from Sirius.

Interestingly, Barbara Ann Brennan makes similar claims in her books.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin