Thread: Shadow Ops Pilot

Shadow Ops Pilot

This was released yesterday ... I know there are some who may have issues with "Project Camelot", however WYSIWYG...!

I watched it. I thought it was as well done as the rest of that type of show; weaker in some areas, stronger in others. Miss August thought Bill didn't look good compared to a couple of years earlier. To me the biggest flaw was their reliance on informants who have little to support their testimony other than their word--which doesn't go far in this environment. The show topic I thought was very good. There is a persistent rumor of a Mars Project as well as a Secret Space Program that guys like John Lear have been talking about for years. I like seeing that someone is looking into the Mars Project. For all the criticisms of Camelot, Bill and Kerry, they do actually get out there and do the legwork. They set high goals and do the work to achieve them. That puts them ahead of critics who can poke holes in Bill and Kerry's choices but contribute nothing of their own.

I want my hour back. Hate the format. Nothing new, glad there is still research going on though. Everytime a Skype call fails it must be the MIB? I find it hillarious that the mysterious security dudes drove the exact same type of hire SUV that Bill and Kerry were in.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    I want my hour back. Hate the format. Nothing new, glad there is still research going on though. Everytime a Skype call fails it must be the MIB? I find it hillarious that the mysterious security dudes drove the exact same type of hire SUV that Bill and Kerry were in.
    I had a momentary flash that maybe the Security was an enhancement and Miss August said while we were watching it that it looked as if it was set up because they didn't act professional. We have seen that kind of security up close and they are much more professional and polite, not that our experience is definitive. Two things, though: 1) The producer would have had to pay for it, they wouldn't. 2) Kerry yelling about the camera was just like her.

I don't think it would have cost much. Couple of extra bod's in assault vests using one of the vehicles they already had. You don't actually see any weapons or comunications gear on the "security" guys or their vehicle. You do see a radio mike on Bill's butt at 53:11 and the edit jumps all over in terms of peoples positions. I don't think there was any real danger, besides Bill's hat is so old now that it's stronger than kevlar and the congealed tinfoil inside is better than adamantium.

It is getting to be a standard thing in those shows, used to heighten the drama. It is kind of overused. Not as bad as wandering around in the dark and going, "did you hear that?"

In the old days they would have sat in three comfy chairs in a studio made up to look like a high rent office and bore us all to tears for an hour. At least they drove around and showed us some scenery.

I think its only fair to put up some of what Bill Ryan has to sat about this...

The Project Camelot / TruTV pilot episode : SHADOW OPERATIONS - The Mars Project

Hi, All:

The Project Camelot / TruTV pilot episode of SHADOW OPERATIONS -- entitled "The Mars Project" -- was aired on 7 November, 2012, two years after a long week of shooting in California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah.

Kerry and I were delighted. Taken by surprise by the sudden decision to screen the show, we were also delighted with the very positive response from a critical public who had only known TruTV for their commitment to Jesse Ventura's series CONSPIRACY THEORY.

It now remains to be seen whether we'll be asked to shoot an entire series ourselves. Much will depend on the response from the public: this is all any network cares about. If you'd like to see any more of Project Camelot on television, then please write TruTV and let them know.

There's a bit of a backstory to the episode shown here. As in any TV show, many scenes never made it to the final cut. Sean Carroll (the CalTech physicist), after some particularly pointed questioning from Kerry, suddenly took off his microphone and walked away. This real-life drama was edited out, although we had urged it to be retained. We do not own the rights to the footage, therefore we cannot show it.

The confrontation with the security guards was staged (though it was quite well done!). The altercation that had been reported to us by Dave Rosenfeld happened just as he described, and he had been genuinely intimidated. But when we drove out to see if we could provoke a similar experience, nothing happened. The "re-enactment" was requested by TruTV. In a sense, this is authentic -- as we do know this could have happened, although in actuality it did not. Such are the rules of the game in Reality TV.

The photo of the huge vertical beam shown by Dave Rosenfeld, and his testimony about the Venture Star spacecraft, are 100% authentic. So is everything else in the show (except that, of course, the photos of the "Mars Tubes" shown to us by Gordon Novel have already been on the internet for many years).

After hearing about the Venture Star, we made a spontaneous call to aerospace investigator Michael Schratt, whose spontaneous response was "WOW!!". (We laughed: normally cautious and serious, Michael's response was a genuinely human and exuberant one. But because it was not an action sequence, and all we had was Kerry talking on her cellphone in the car, it ever made it to the show.)

More here:http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post581997

Cool! Well done. I was pretty sure Bill and Kerry would not have come up with that on their own, for many good reasons. They both know that faking anything gives the debunkers something to hit you over the head with so why do something that may defeat you in the long run?

We sat next to Michael Schratt at one of the Crash Retrieval Dinners. He is serious researcher on secret aircraft and an absolutely straight shooter. We were going to miss his presentation so he very graciously gave us a quick preview of the slides he had prepared.

Venture Star spacecraft: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

270px-Venturestar1.jpg

VentureStar was a proposed single-stage-to-orbit reusable launch system by Lockheed Martin. As a United States federally funded program, the primary goal was to develop a reusable spaceplane to launch satellites into orbit at a fraction of the cost of other systems intended to replace the Space Shuttle. While the requirement was for an unmanned launcher, it was expected to optionally carry passengers as cargo.

VentureStar was to be a single-stage-to-orbit vehicle, launching vertically but returning as an airplane. VentureStar was to be a commercial endeavor, and flights would have been leased to NASA as needed. After failures with the X-33 subscale technology demonstrator test vehicle, funding was canceled in 2001.

NASA cover story....?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VentureStar