Thread: PsiPog.net closing down

Blog Entries

Exclamation PsiPog.net closing down

Psychic Students In Pursuit of Guidance (PsiPog) was allegedly one of the first sites that aimed to systematically explore and document 'psi' or 'psionic' phenomena, that is, paranormal abilities like telekinesis, remote perception, telepathy, etc. Among its aims was to find out how anyone can learn, use and hone these skills. It was also known as a popular spot for roleplayers and delusional or dare I say, not exactly sane, people. I never looked at the PsiPog forums much so I've yet to examine who these people were.

To see a very interesting debate on PsiPog's merits (or lack thereof) I recommend this thread from SciForums: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?65701-Psipog
    May I add as a warning that, as it is not at all unusual in instances of intense verbal sparring among great minds, it contains some strong language that is entirely unsuitable for minors.

Personally, I think that a comparative analysis between their knowledge framework and that of experiencers on this forum is bound to be an interesting, mayhap valuable endeavor.

Sean Connelly, the founder of the PsiPog, has since moved on to other projects and this August he announced that the website is archived and available for download in its entirety. It also includes their (in)famous video demonstrations (these used to be hosted on the now defunct Google Videos) and the forums among other things. The archive will be removed from the web in 2014 - that is, if the WWW will still be around by then at all, haha.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure whether this belongs on this board. It's supposed to be reference material though~
    Last edited by Neuru; 10-24-2012 at 07:45 PM.

"entirely unsuitable for minors.", and often mostly consisting thereof, either by actual age, or mentality. Real maturity is not until 25, often later, much later in far too many cases.