Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypnogogic images

Blog Entries
    Eh, should've said "seemingly does," then.

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    That statement implies that whatever a contactee, experiencer or abductee see's when they are in that state is only from their imagination and that whatever they saw or whatever they experienced was not real.
    I did not say that. Maybe you assumed that was an ulterior motive behind that sentence. It wasn't.

Hi, I'm just out the door and will comment later. This is an interesting topic and, based on your comments here, I wonder how receptive you are to other alternative explanations on the experience you have been describing here. Mainstream psychiatry would love you btw... lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    So what do you think about people who claim to be ET experiencers or abductee's? Is that just in their imagination too. Is that what you think?

Also, can you give me a reference to where you got the following information?
    " The hypnopompic state does interesting things to a person's cognition." Yes it does but what about ET contactee's, experiencers and abductee's?
    That statement implies that whatever a contactee, experiencer or abductee see's when they are in that state is only from their imagination and that whatever they saw or whatever they experienced was not real.
    As an abductee, I did not read it that way, A99. It is very true that abductees/contactees/experienceers, have reported that they have seen their dead relatives during an abduction. This does not mean that the abductee was hallucinating or lying. It could mean that the entity used someone that was very familiar and loved by that human. It could be a way that the entity get the human under control.

There are probably many other reasons why the beings do this. Please try not to judge someone's experiences and interpretations. All of us here are trying to makes sense of this phenomenon in our own lives and in our own ways.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

I'm an abductee too and I'm not going to dignify your post Lilly by even commenting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuru View Post
    Eh, should've said "seemingly does," then.

I did not say that. Maybe you assumed that was an ulterior motive behind that sentence. It wasn't.
    Nope, not at all. I'm like you Neuru. A nice person who, for the most part, who does not misinterpret what someone says nor do I read into things that are not there. Could you please be more specific? I'm not sure what you are even talking about.

------------------------------
    You said " The hypnopompic state does interesting things to a person's cognition."
    And all I wanted to know is if you think that ET contactee's/experiencers/abductions experiences are only in their imagination. I am assuming that you already know how hypnopompic states of consciousness are very pervasive in experiences of that nature. But that quoted statement of yours seems to suggest that all such experiences like that are only in ones imagination. This is why I asked you for more clarity on that.

Why don't you start off with "a persons cognition". How do you define that? Or, could you say it another way so that I can understand what you mean by that? I think that would help.
    Last edited by A99; 12-29-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Admin note: Whenever cognitive states are discussed it can easily seem as if one person is discounting another person's experiences. I don't see that happening here so far, so let's try being as clear as we can about what is being said and also give each other the benefit of the doubt. Thanks.

Well certainly, if someone thinks that their experience was only a figment of their imagination then I'm the one who goofed up here to even inquire if that experience was something more than that. So I am entirely at fault here and take full responsibilty for my further inquiries wrt to that experience which apparently caused much distress.

If "I'm sorry" will not suffice, then simply kick me off this forum.

Blog Entries
    I can't help wondering whether anyone else has seen any similar people?
    When I close my eyes at night I can visualize pretty much anything I want to. If I had a lazy day and am feeling negative/fearful, I tend to see a lot of grotesque monsters, but I think they are symbolic representations of negative emotions stored in my subconscious mind (I tend to distract myself and not process all my thoughts and feelings, so there is a lot in there I guess). I've also woken up in dreams, unable to move my body but having my mind awake, with monsters around (maybe astral people), trying to scream but unable to, until my body wakes up.

Also, I usually see a blue spot when I drift off to sleep. It tends to be bigger and bluer when I'm living on a more positive path. Stuart Wilde says that that is the presence of the 'Aluna Worlds', which is apparently a good thing.

@Neuru,
    Since you said that you thought the ghost thing was lying to you, I immediately thought it was a bad guy. I hear demons tend to lie a lot and wear the 'costume' of a dead relative's auric imprint (or ego personality left behind in the etheric world, or something like that) to gain some sort of 'permission'/acceptance or be invited into a person's life. I also thought that the shapes could be some sort of mind control thing that triggers you with symbols, maybe (it's a paranoid thought)...

because...

...since I was a young kid, I have obsessive-compulsively-'disorderly' visualized Pentagons and Pentagrams around my body. While playing hockey I would tap the puck evenly on five edges, I flex five muscles throughout my body that would make five even 'pentagonal points', or tap five points around the inside of my mouth with the tip of my tongue. I still do this every day, visualizing five points around me, usually as a nervous, semi-conscious habit.

I later discovered that visualizing pentagons in occultism can be used for psychic protection. Drawing it clockwise and counter clockwise mean inviting or repelling. But I think it might be an intuitive habit I unconsciously knew and practiced for protection. Maybe I learned occultism in a past life... But I think that geometrical symbols can trigger things within our minds, like how a computer works, in ways I don't understand too much.
    Last edited by lycaeus; 12-29-2012 at 02:49 AM.

@ Nuero
    Don't sweat it, it happens to me all the time. (Not the hypnopompic experience nor the ?impersonations?)
    Last edited by Fore; 12-29-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

@ Nueru

Questions:
    Who came across [in your mind] as being present in the room with you?
    How long ago did that person pass away?
    Did you think of that person in the days or weeks preceeding the encounter?
    Any period of Deep introspection(s) on that particular person prior to the encounter? (like a person going through your mental file cabinet?)

What did the supposed person presence elicit from you when you "recognized" whom you thought it was?

Did you experience any "ordered" consciousness from any single location within the scope of the room? Outside the room?
    Was it's general location at ground level or slightly above? If above, by how much?
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous